PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound racing

Bumpus
02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
So ...

Does anyone else bet on the puppies?

I'm over at the track in Wheeling now. (15 races tonight starting @ 7:30)

PhinsPhan11
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I won't waste my money at the dog track. Sorry.

tylerdolphin
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM
One of my favorite things about your country. Not much better than just going there and making $2 bets all night. Hours of entertainment, cheap beer, and it really doesnt cost much even if youre down on your luck. I usually do two $2 bets per race and youre gonna hit some even on a bad night so its not bad at all. The dog track I go to also has 2.00 miller high life tallboys, so its just a great time.

I look at it like this...if I go downtown and hit up that scene, Im looking at 60 or 70 dollars even if I pregame. With no pregame it can get really ugly. Why not spend the night betting the dogs at the track instead? On a bad night Ill end up down 30 between alcohol and betting and a lot of nights you do better than that. IMO its only a waste of money if youre a compulsive gambler and go overboard. If you can stick to small bets, its just a good time and well worth the cost for the entertainment it gives.

Bumpus
02-04-2012, 09:25 PM
One of my favorite things about your country. Not much better than just going there and making $2 bets all night. Hours of entertainment, cheap beer, and it really doesnt cost much even if youre down on your luck. I usually do two $2 bets per race and youre gonna hit some even on a bad night so its not bad at all. The dog track I go to also has 2.00 miller high life tallboys, so its just a great time.

I look at it like this...if I go downtown and hit up that scene, Im looking at 60 or 70 dollars even if I pregame. With no pregame it can get really ugly. Why not spend the night betting the dogs at the track instead? On a bad night Ill end up down 30 between alcohol and betting and a lot of nights you do better than that. IMO its only a waste of money if youre a compulsive gambler and go overboard. If you can stick to small bets, its just a good time and well worth the cost for the entertainment it gives.

:lol: I think we may have been separated at birth.

You may have gotten the better weather, but I got the looks. :up:

Bumpus
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Meh ...

Somehow, I ended up with quinella box fever tonight. :lol:

(down $55, with one race to go)

C'mon # THREE!!!

Bobby Humphrey
02-05-2012, 07:21 AM
I raced a dog about 9 months ago ..... i lost, have the stiches to prove it ....... but he died the next day ....... a moral victory for me .........

tylerdolphin
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
:lol: I think we may have been separated at birth.

You may have gotten the better weather, but I got the looks. :up:

lolwut?

Vaark
02-05-2012, 03:05 PM

hell, I may be one of the few on here who bets on jai alai. :idk:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/dania_jai_alai1-1.jpg

Myles Fynch
02-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Only in West by god Virginia...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/2q81puu-1.jpg

CedarPhin
02-05-2012, 08:13 PM
hell, I may be one of the few on here who bets on jai alai. :idk:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/dania_jai_alai1-1.jpg

I was going to ask if the Dania Jai Alai is still open. I loved going to that place back in the day.

Vaark
02-06-2012, 12:17 AM
I was going to ask if the Dania Jai Alai is still open. I loved going to that place back in the day.

Yeah, it's still a "broken down palace" with spotty attendance, but they now also have poker and OTB with race telecasts.

www.betdania.com