PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/02/mike-mayock-talks-quarterbacks-dolphins-draft.html

DeathStar
02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Tannehill was terrible in that bowl game I watched against Northwestern who aren't any good...

I watched some of his games and the kid needs alot of work...

I'm not in the mood for a wait and see approach...

CallMeDaddy
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
oh goodness Valandui is gonna cream his pants! :lol:

jgpence17
02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
I like Mayock but on this decision I'll defer to Philbin and Sherman. They have first hand experience on these two guys and I'll trust their judgement.

johngarry
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM
does joe philbin wants to wait a couple years to see if mike mayock is maybe right, or try to start winning as soon as possible?

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
lots of QBs better than Flynn.. likely including the QB we have on our roster right now in Moore

jlfin
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Flynn could be a huge gamble. He reminds of Fitzpatrick. The guy is a gamer, but his arm leaves a lot to be desired. There is a reason he was a 7th rd draft pick. I will defer to Philbin on this, but IMO I think the Phins would be better off with Tannehill or Weeden OR starting Matt Moore next season and drafting Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd rd as a developmental prospect.
I honestly don't feel that Flynn is much of an upgrade (if any) over Moore, but he will cost the team MUCH more money against the cap.

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Philbin will want his own QB and that will probably be Flynn. Moore doesn't fit a West Coast offense, not accurate enough.

finfan54
02-15-2012, 11:17 PM
The more I think about it, the more I see us trading down and taking Tannehill. But Skins are also on the radar and there is this talk about his stock rising and we all saw what happened last year.

Kid definitely has some more skillin to do. Has the tools and character. Needs coaching up and sit for a year. Its gonna be interesting this offseason.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Philbin will want his own QB and that will probably be Flynn. Moore doesn't fit a West Coast offense, not accurate enough.

lol.. :ponder:

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.

footsteps_falco
02-15-2012, 11:24 PM
agreed philbin and sherman would know better than mayock on these 2 guys, they got the inside scoop. i wouldn't take osweiler in round 2 or 3, but i might reach on foles or coleman in round 3...

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.I'm not basing it on stats. His ball placement is terrible, just as bad as Henne's.

PALMA
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Flynn is a no brainer. Nice deep ball touch, quick release, looks down the field for large chunks of yards, mobile. He's not the biggest, nor has a cannon, but he can go toe to toe with Tom Brady and already has. Plus Tom Brady is on the downward trend to his career, towards the direction to where Flynn will be at. Flynn is already more developed than skippy toed Sanchez in the pocket.

Flynn may never reach superstar status as a Qb, but there's no doubt he can be Top 10 caliber and with right bounces/breaks in the playoffs, we can win the Super Bowl. The margin for error won't be as great, but we'll at least have a margin. Something this team hasn't had since Marino.

Tannehill needs work and admittedly my own fear is with this but, there's a little bit of Henne in there too.

SQuinn17
02-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Scoop them both and make the QB position a strength for the first time in a long time.

footsteps_falco
02-15-2012, 11:28 PM

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.

you're 100% right.. picture Matt Moore with:

1. an offseason
2. first team reps (he didnt get them until he started)
3. more playmakers added on both sides
4. better protection because his was the WORST
5. more chemistry with the team
6. and lastly... better coaching...

skies the limit really... well atleast it's one option we have. not a bad fall-back plan if you ask me.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not basing it on stats. His ball placement is terrible, just as bad as Henne's.

Thats not anywhere near being true.. Moore is so much better than henne it isnt even debatable. There are so many more passes that Moore can and did complete than Henne did.. It is no secret the fade actually began to work with Moore in there than Henne.. And im not only talking about endzone fades. Why do you think Henne only completed 57% of his passes where Moore completed 60. And Moore threw more deep balls than Henne did.

DefensiveEnd76
02-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Flynn CAN'T throw the deep ball worth a damn. He is no threat to throw it deep. His deep passes float just like Fiedlers did. He has a weak arm.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
you're 100% right.. picture Matt Moore with:

1. an offseason
2. first team reps (he didnt get them until he started)
3. more playmakers added on both sides
4. better protection because his was the WORST
5. more chemistry with the team
6. and lastly... better coaching...

skies the limit really... well atleast it's one option we have. not a bad fall-back plan if you ask me.

Youre right! Things I didnt even mention! Moore came RIGHT in with NO first team reps and easily outplayed Henne. Imagine how much more improved he would be with true competition and a full offseason.

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Thats not anywhere near being true.. Moore is so much better than henne it isnt even debatable. There are so many more passes that Moore can and did complete than Henne did.. It is no secret the fade actually began to work with Moore in there than Henne.. And im not only talking about endzone fades. Why do you think Henne only completed 57% of his passes where Moore completed 60. And Moore threw more deep balls than Henne did.Go back and watch the games. Receivers constantly had to stop their routes because of Moore's ball placement. That's not going to fly in the WCO.

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Youre right! Things I didnt even mention! Moore came RIGHT in with NO first team reps and easily outplayed Henne. Imagine how much more improved he would be with true competition and a full offseason.Moore was garbage against good teams. Jesus Christ people around here don't remember what a good QB looks like anymore.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Flynn CAN'T throw the deep ball worth a damn. He is no threat to throw it deep. His deep passes float just like Fiedlers did. He has a weak arm.

Remember AJ Feeleys deep passes.. They were the worst I have ever seen from a Dolphins starting QB. After about 30 yards they would seem to hit a wall and just fall. Way worse than Feidler. Too bad Henne had zero deep ball accuracy. He could throw it the length of the field with ease.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Moore was garbage against good teams. Jesus Christ people around here don't remember what a good QB looks like anymore.

Moore progressively got better as the season went on. What good teams has Flynn beaten? A lions defense in 2011 that was clse to last and a Patriots defense in 2010 that was also close to last? Moore has proven to be at the very minimum the same as Flynn, and also will cost no where near what the unproven back up Flynn would cost.. Jesus Christ people is right! I am all for bringing in competition for Moore, as long as that competition will not be immediately given the starting job because we paid him 50 million, like a less proven Matt Flynn would cost... As I stated earlier, I know a couple Green Bay fans that have argued the same thing with me in that, "who did Flynn really beat? Let be honest?" These are Green Bay fans!

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Moore progressively got better as the season went on. What good teams has Flynn beaten? A lions defense in 2011 that was clse to last and a Patriots defense in 2010 that was also close to last? Moore has proven to be at the very minimum the same as Flynn, and also will cost no where near what the unproven back up Flynn would cost.. Jesus Christ people is right! I am all for bringing in competition for Moore, as long as that competition will not be immediately given the starting job because we paid him 50 million, like a less proven Matt Flynn would cost... As I stated earlier, I know a couple Green Bay fans that have argued the same thing with me in that, "who did Flynn really beat? Let be honest?" These are Green Bay fans!He got better as the season went on? Moore sucked against the Pats and Jets. He had a 63 QB rating against the Jets.

72 silky
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.Your seriously comparing Montana to moore

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
And the Lions are better than any team Moore beat last year.

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
He got better as the season went on? Moore sucked against the Pats and Jets. He had a 63 QB rating against the Jets.

Dude thats 2 games against what, 13? If Henne was our starter it would be likely we would have had the first pick in the draft. Didnt Moore have 3 3 TD games this season. Didnt he win an offensive POW award

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
And the Lions are better than any team Moore beat last year.

Its more than Likely that Moore would have had career highs playing agianst that defense

dolpns13
02-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Your seriously comparing Montana to moore

For the sake of the argument, what I posted was true.

Casas9425
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Dude thats 2 games against what, 13? If Henne was our starter it would be likely we would have had the first pick in the draft. Didnt Moore have 3 3 TD games this season. Didnt he win an offensive POW awardJay Fiedler won an offensive player of the week award too. Henne would've put up similar numbers against those garbage teams and I hate Henne. To me Henne is a soul-sucking piece of garbage.

Casas9425
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
To me Moore benefitted from a weak schedule and the defense going nuts towards the end of the season. Also Moore sailed a wounded duck over to Marshall once in a while. What did he do against the Giants? Nothing. What did he do against the Jets? Nothing. What did he do against the Broncos? Nothing. What did he do in Dallas? Nothing. What did he do against the Eagles? Nothing. Beating up the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me. He's a backup.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Thats not anywhere near being true.. Moore is so much better than henne it isnt even debatable. There are so many more passes that Moore can and did complete than Henne did.. It is no secret the fade actually began to work with Moore in there than Henne.. And im not only talking about endzone fades. Why do you think Henne only completed 57% of his passes where Moore completed 60. And Moore threw more deep balls than Henne did.

Moore didn't have to sit behind CheckDown Penny for a year +.

But if you seriously think Moore is starting caliber who will get a team into the playoffs, then your dreaming. He has holes in his game. He would be a superb backup, but not something I wish this franchise to pursue and settle as a starter.

Finsfan79
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Tannehill has a huge potential and potential for growth long term. I rather have him then flynn too. If we could trade back and pick him up I would not be against it.

jonanthans
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
If Moore is so good, why did he seems to always fold when the game was on the line? Great first half, terrible second halves? Recievers having to break routes short due to poor ball placement by him? Easy to get a 63% completion percentage when the D is giving you all the short routes open. In a season where by week 8 there was nothing to lose, Moore couldnt beat a team with a winning record. But keep building him up guys, I'm sure this regime will keep him in place for the next 3-4 years until its finally obvious he is middle-of-the-road at best.

jonanthans
02-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Tannehill has a huge potential and potential for growth long term. I rather have him then flynn too. If we could trade back and pick him up I would not be against it.

Then you are obviously someone who did not watch A&M games. In their 4 biggest games of the season, he went somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 Tds and 13 turnovers. Big Game Disappearing act. Yeah, thats what we need in Miami...

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Then you are obviously someone who did not watch A&M games. In their 4 biggest games of the season, he went somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 Tds and 13 turnovers. Big Game Disappearing act. Yeah, thats what we need in Miami...

I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.

CallMeDaddy
02-16-2012, 01:09 AM
I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.

If you lurk in A&M boards the fans hate Tannehill, being a Mizzou and Notre Dame fan I went to their boards after the Mizzou game and people were saying they couldn't wait until Tannehill went to the draft and he was the reason Sherman was going to lose his job. You'd think they had Henne at their QB!

Vertical Limit
02-16-2012, 01:11 AM

Are you seriously comparing the two or are you trolling?

JCane
02-16-2012, 01:17 AM
I stopped taking Mike Mayock seriously when he had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry.

Roman529
02-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Tannehill is too inconsistent. While Flynn isn't a proven commodity, I would take him over Tannehlll any day, especially as he knows Philbin's system.

CallMeDaddy
02-16-2012, 01:59 AM

Eric Berry is an absolute beast, in college and in the NFL. Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

Mayock is crazy to have rated him higher in the draft or rate him higher now. GTFO MAYOCK!

JCane
02-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Eric Berry is an absolute beast, in college and in the NFL. Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

Mayock is crazy to have rated him higher in the draft or rate him higher now. GTFO MAYOCK!

Easily my favorite college football player in the history of ever that wasn't a Miami Hurricane.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 02:10 AM
If you lurk in A&M boards the fans hate Tannehill, being a Mizzou and Notre Dame fan I went to their boards after the Mizzou game and people were saying they couldn't wait until Tannehill went to the draft and he was the reason Sherman was going to lose his job. You'd think they had Henne at their QB!

KSU here. So I see plenty of BIG 12 football around these parts. And if Sherman lost one job for his qb's lack of discipline, I don't see him repeating the mistake. Tannehill is raw. A project. Nothing says his skill set and know how will translate to the NFL. But you have the people who love them some youtube and will base their opinion off of such things.

King Dingaling
02-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Mayock is pretty good at evaluating every position but QB. He said JaMarcus Russell had the best workout he's ever seen, and that he would take Gabbert over Newton last year??? I trust Philbin to get Flynn if he's ready to lead this team. Tannehill only has a year and a half of college QB experience!!! Very raw and won't be ready for atleast 2 years. If he's there in the 2nd, take him. Teams should take a QB every 3 years to groom as backups anyway.

JCane
02-16-2012, 02:35 AM
FWIW JaMarcus Russell did have one of the most impressive workouts in combine history.

CallMeDaddy
02-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Easily my favorite college football player in the history of ever that wasn't a Miami Hurricane.

I watched quite a bit of Volunteer football while he was at Tennessee and he definitely became one of my favorite football players easily. Now that he's at Kansas City I will be seeing a lot more of him as I do like to watch the Chiefs whenever they are not on at the same time as Dolphin football.

CallMeDaddy
02-16-2012, 02:40 AM
KSU here. So I see plenty of BIG 12 football around these parts. And if Sherman lost one job for his qb's lack of discipline, I don't see him repeating the mistake. Tannehill is raw. A project. Nothing says his skill set and know how will translate to the NFL. But you have the people who love them some youtube and will base their opinion off of such things.

I agree, I don't want to take a 1st round risk on that kind of player. Let me get a player who can make an easy transition into the NFL.

CANDolphan
02-16-2012, 02:57 AM

And then when Earl Thomas had an awesome year what did you think?

luduporcu
02-16-2012, 02:58 AM
Flynn is a no brainer. Nice deep ball touch, quick release, looks down the field for large chunks of yards, mobile. He's not the biggest, nor has a cannon, but he can go toe to toe with Tom Brady and already has. Plus Tom Brady is on the downward trend to his career, towards the direction to where Flynn will be at. Flynn is already more developed than skippy toed Sanchez in the pocket.

Flynn may never reach superstar status as a Qb, but there's no doubt he can be Top 10 caliber and with right bounces/breaks in the playoffs, we can win the Super Bowl. The margin for error won't be as great, but we'll at least have a margin. Something this team hasn't had since Marino....

You're joking, right?

CallMeDaddy
02-16-2012, 02:59 AM

He's still not on Eric Berry's level. Everyone knew he would be a good player but to put him above Berry is just stupid.

JCane
02-16-2012, 03:06 AM

I still thought Eric Berry was better.

Never did I say that Earl Thomas would or is a flop.

Not sure why you tried to shove that in my mouth, but Eric Berry was better in college and he's better in the NFL.

Period.

Valandui
02-16-2012, 04:28 AM

And I've tried explaining to the Tannehill detractors that Mike Sherman's firing had more to do with one winning season out of five than one season of starting Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is the guy you take if you realy want to see if Matt Moore can handle being a full time starter because he needs time.

Ilovemyfins4eva
02-16-2012, 08:58 AM
does joe philbin wants to wait a couple years to see if mike mayock is maybe right, or try to start winning as soon as possible?

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}i love when people compare every 6th, 7th rd pick to brady.

do you realize that what happened to the pats with brady is was like winning the powerball when it was at its highest? it is so astronomically rare, it just does not happen. that is arguably a once in a lifetime thing, a 6th rd, 199th overall draft pick turning into a first ballot hall of famer. it does not happen.

go look at everyone player drafted in the 6th rd and higher in the past 10 drafts, specifcailly qbs, and see how many of them have been elite.

i know in general guys like warner who was a bag boy in a shopping market become a success story, romo has been good, but overall, most people drafted in those rounds end up out of the league or irrelevant quickly.

also, flynn has a terrible arm, the guy has 1 great game and now he should be handed a starting job without competing. got to love this game.

LANGER72
02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
I do not think Flynn has a terrible arm. Flynn would be more useful to this team short term than Tannehill. Tannehill has a lot to prove just to get to the level where Moore and Flynn are currently at.
Neither Flynn or Moore are in the same class as Tom Brady, the Manning Bros, Brees, Rivers, or Rapesberger.
We are still looking for that guy.
Maybe next year we will find the elite guy..

Ed Norton
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
I can't believe Tannehill is above Weeden and I don't think it's just Mayock, Tannehill at this point seems like he will go ahead of Weeden.

Phinatic8u
02-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I still thought Eric Berry was better.

Never did I say that Earl Thomas would or is a flop.

Not sure why you tried to shove that in my mouth, but Eric Berry was better in college and he's better in the NFL.

Period.

Kind of hard to be better when he's not playing.

:lol:

I'm trolling.

kitt23
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
The more I think about it, the more I see us trading down and taking Tannehill. But Skins are also on the radar and there is this talk about his stock rising and we all saw what happened last year.

Kid definitely has some more skillin to do. Has the tools and character. Needs coaching up and sit for a year. Its gonna be interesting this offseason.

if we were to trade down, we first have to see where RG3 goes. if he goes to #2 like if wash traded up then clev might look at a qb with their second 1st rd pick which means we would have to move down but still be ahead of clev's 2nd pick in the first rd.

J Tes
02-16-2012, 10:59 AM

Jesus. You make it sound as if he rated Gibril Wilson higher than Berry. If you look at their rookie stats they're very similar. Who's better is a matter of opinion and the difference isn't what you are trying to make it

JCane
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Jesus. You make it sound as if he rated Gibril Wilson higher than Berry. If you look at their rookie stats they're very similar. Who's better is a matter of opinion and the difference isn't what you are trying to make it

Stats lol.

Watch games, man. Watch how offenses change their gameplan and attack downfield because of one guy.

Everyone think that if a guy has a lot of interceptions he's a monster. In a way, yes. But most of the time it's because the offense doesn't respect the defender and the defender made them pay. Eric Berry's interceptions dropped off in college and this is why. Teams stopped throwing to his side of the field. Offenses developed ways to take Berry out of plays downfield the best they could.

That isn't showing up in your little box scores.

Geordie
02-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I saw Tannehill a lot last year, I admit I'm not great talent spotter, but I have to say not once could I see what all the hype was about with him. His performances to me ranged from bad to terribad.

Phinatic8u
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Eric Berry > Ed Reed.

J. David Wannyheimer
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
lol.. :ponder: In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore. Joe Montana and Matt Moore are not remotely comparable in any sense except that Matt Moore and Joe Montana have both played quarterback in the National Football League.

Vertical Limit
02-16-2012, 12:04 PM
I hope we just trade up for Griffin. WCO would be perfect for him. He'd be the black Steve Young on that offense.

Zounds
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Tannehill and Flynn are equally risky, and equally suck for different reasons. Fortunately, we have the 2 coaches on our staff that know the most about them, and they can tell Ireland to steer clear.

Miamibyrd
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM
There's no way we bring in this Tannehill kid, i dont see the light with him vs. Matt.

Vaark
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, gotta defer to the coaches here. I'll be perfectly content with whomever they select. And that would include Moore.

However, I'd say if we didn't have the benefit of the Philbin/Sherman perspectives, a potential 1st round pick trumps a 7th rounder with little (and possibly misleading) real game experience 8 days out of the week.

Imperium
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Tannehill makes sense if we sign Payton or the coaching staff feels confident in Moore for a few seasons. But honestly, as well as Moore played last season, would you want to tie your first coaching opportunity to him?

Geforce
02-16-2012, 03:30 PM

That WR Sherman put at QB in 2010 is the reason big things were expected of Texas A&M in 2011. That WR turned QB led A&M to six consecutive victories to end the 2010 regular season that included wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas.

Sherman was fired for several reasons which included not embracing A&M's move to the SEC.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
And I've tried explaining to the Tannehill detractors that Mike Sherman's firing had more to do with one winning season out of five than one season of starting Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is the guy you take if you realy want to see if Matt Moore can handle being a full time starter because he needs time.

The fact is A&M went into this year with BIG expectations. Sherman through lack of recruiting or just believing in a WR turned QB, blew that season.

Tannehill through his play cost Sherman his job. He lost every big game in the BIG 12 this year with his play. 3rd and 4th qt play by Tannehill was not just terrible, it was job costing terrible.

As for your comment about Moore, neither Ireland or Ross believe he is the man to lead this franchise moving forward.

Big Daddy 13
02-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Why not bring in both? Tannehill needs time to develop anyway and Flynn will get his chance to start.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
That WR Sherman put at QB in 2010 is the reason big things were expected of Texas A&M in 2011. That WR turned QB led A&M to six consecutive victories to end the 2010 regular season that included wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas.

Sherman was fired for several reasons which included not embracing A&M's move to the SEC.

Tannehill then proceeded to lose every big game in the BIG 12 this year. I would also point to A&M defense that had several starters coming back minus V. Miller. As to why they expected big things.

Either way, that WR turned QB cost jobs. Once teams like OK, OKST, KSU, TEX, MIZZOU got tape on the kid, he was toast come the 3rd/4th qt. That WR turned QB lead that over hyped TAM team to 4 wins in the BIG 12 this past year. You get that? 4.

The only thing TAM found out about Sherman and his decision making process (qb play), was that it wouldn't fly in the SEC.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Why not bring in both? Tannehill needs time to develop anyway and Flynn will get his chance to start.

Why would you use a draft pick on a project? When you have a proven quality backup in Moore? This team has holes, if QB is addressed with RG or Flynn, you don't turn around and use a HIGH 2nd rd pick on a project. Didn't Pat White teach any of us a lesson?

Big Daddy 13
02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Why would you use a draft pick on a project? When you have a proven quality backup in Moore? This team has holes, if QB is addressed with RG or Flynn, you don't turn around and use a HIGH 2nd rd pick on a project. Didn't Pat White teach any of us a lesson?

Because Matt Flynn isn't a sure thing either. It would be just as dumb to throw big money at a player with a ridiculously small sample size. If Flynn plays like *** then Moore is there to back him up with Tannehill waiting in the wings. And Tannehill is light years better than Pat White.

PBay Fin Fan
02-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Moore has at least earned the right to a fair competition for the starting job.

MiamiMuss
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I just dont get this...Tannehill a.k.a Matt Jones is a first round bust writen all over it.

I can see a 4th or 5th but nothing less unless we trade down a few times to acquire extra picks.We have more pressing needs then dumpin any 1/2/3 rd picks on a 5 year project.

Casas9425
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Moore has at least earned the right to a fair competition for the starting job.Moore hasn't earned anything. Beating the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me at all.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Because Matt Flynn isn't a sure thing either. It would be just as dumb to throw big money at a player with a ridiculously small sample size. If Flynn plays like *** then Moore is there to back him up with Tannehill waiting in the wings. And Tannehill is light years better than Pat White.

Can't believe you would actually say that. I guess WVU win loss record under White doesn't apply? Where as Tannehill with 1, 1 full year starting...makes him light years ahead of Pat White. I'm not a Pat White guy, but I will say your statement is baseless at best, silly at worst.

DolfanISS
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}

Horrible analogy using Brady. The NFL hasn't thought much of thousands of guys and are right the vast majority of the time. Fans seem to remember the couple times they were wrong and think there is a great chance it happens again. If we sign Matt Flynn I will be 100% behind him but I realize there is a much better chance he becomes a very expensive guy who is on par with or slightly better than Matt Moore than there is that he's a future superstar who so many teams missed on.

Phinatic8u
02-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Well Mike, your working at NFL Network for a reason.

Ilovemyfins4eva
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Moore hasn't earned anything. Beating the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me at all.but matt flynn beating a team that has one of the worst secondarys in the nfl, in a pressure free game for him does impress you?

unless peyton manning is on our team, matt moore deserves a shot vs matt ****ing flynn, a guy who i know many like to pretend is already in canton because of one great game, but the reality is he has proven absolutely nothing, and prob is not an upgrade over matt moore.

no one thinks moore should just be the starter regardless, he should have to earn it, but that should be for any qb we have under center next year, unless his name is peyton manning.

Casas9425
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
but matt flynn beating a team that has one of the worst secondarys in the nfl, in a pressure free game for him does impress you?

unless peyton manning is on our team, matt moore deserves a shot vs matt ****ing flynn, a guy who i know many like to pretend is already in canton because of one great game, but the reality is he has proven absolutely nothing, and prob is not an upgrade over matt moore.

no one thinks moore should just be the starter regardless, he should have to earn it, but that should be for any qb we have under center next year, unless his name is peyton manning.Matt Moore already had his shot in Carolina and he sucked.

Noodleman
02-16-2012, 09:19 PM
While detroits d was awful....dude threw 6 td passes against them. I don't care how bad a defense is.....that is an impressive accomplishment. As far as Moore goes, dude has had numerous starts in the last 2 years. We know what he brings to the table, he is an exceptional backup. Flynn may or may not be the guy but I am down with miami finally taking a chance and going all in on a qb. As many on here have said, if MIami signs him, that means Philbin likes him and that is good enough for me. Please stop with the Moore for qb talk....that is foolish.

JCane
02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Eric Berry > Ed Reed.

Noooooow you're definitely trolling.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-16-2012, 10:42 PM
but matt flynn beating a team that has one of the worst secondarys in the nfl, in a pressure free game for him does impress you?

no one thinks moore should just be the starter regardless, he should have to earn it, but that should be for any qb we have under center next year, unless his name is peyton manning.

This is the NFL, you 'deserve' ****. Fact is, Ownership and GM have said they are looking for a upgrade. So I along with half of this board, see MM for what he is. A so so QB who isn't a 'franchise' qb.

Ilovemyfins4eva
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
This is the NFL, you 'deserve' ****. Fact is, Ownership and GM have said they are looking for a upgrade. So I along with half of this board, see MM for what he is. A so so QB who isn't a 'franchise' qb.thats great, and no one is saying he is a franchise qb, but matt ****ing flynn sure isnt either.

hopefully the skins or seahawks outbid us for him.

Casas9425
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
thats great, and no one is saying he is a franchise qb, but matt ****ing flynn sure isnt either.

hopefully the skins or seahawks outbid us for him.Then what the hell would you do because a scrub like Matt Moore isn't winning anything?

Ilovemyfins4eva
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Then what the hell would you do because a scrub like Matt Moore isn't winning anything?well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

since i dont think flynn is anything better than moore, if the only options were those 2 specifically i rather go with the guy who has played with this team already, has some chemistry, and would cost us nothing, as opposed to a guy in flynn who would cost us a lot, will not get us any further than matt moore would most likely, and has no chemistry with these players.

i assume their are other options then the ''great matt flynn''. if all fails this year, go all in and trade the house for barkley the following year.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.

Casas9425
02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

since i dont think flynn is anything better than moore, if the only options were those 2 specifically i rather go with the guy who has played with this team already, has some chemistry, and would cost us nothing, as opposed to a guy in flynn who would cost us a lot, will not get us any further than matt moore would most likely, and has no chemistry with these players.

i assume their are other options then the ''great matt flynn''. if all fails this year, go all in and trade the house for barkley the following year.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.That's easy for you to say. You won't have to eat thousands of season tickets like Ross will if Moore is the starter. This is irrelevant because Ross has already come out and said we will have a new quarterback next season. The last time a team put their faith into Matt Moore he led them to the number one overall pick. He sucks.

Ilovemyfins4eva
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM
That's easy for you to say. You won't have to eat thousands of season tickets like Ross will if Moore is the starter. This is irrelevant because Ross has already come out and said we will have a new quarterback next season. The last time a team put their faith into Matt Moore he led them to the number one overall pick. He sucks.im not saying he is the answer, but get your facts straight. he played 6 games that season, meaning he didnt play the majority of the games. saying he led that team to the 1st overall pick is reaching

Cleetus
02-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Need to wait for the combine at least to see how it will shake out on the rookies, someone's stock might skyrocket or fall there

Casas9425
02-17-2012, 12:02 AM
im not saying he is the answer, but get your facts straight. he played 6 games that season, meaning he didnt play the majority of the games. saying he led that team to the 1st overall pick is reachingHe got benched for Jimmy Clausen. He sucks.

3rdandinches
02-17-2012, 12:30 AM
well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.

It's not because 1 or 2 games that we would love to have Flynn over Moore it's because if his coach for the last few years thought he is the best option out there than we will be excited to have him here.

I really don't get how you can slam him for playing better in every opportunity he has had it makes no sense. The bottom line is if his coach not some wannabe draftnik is on board with Flynn leading this team then I'm on board too! There is no reason for Philbin to bring Flynn here unless he truely believes in him, time will tell.

39wildman
02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
it doesnt matter what you do qb moore you will be replace....that suck

JRYCRL
02-17-2012, 11:03 AM
lots of QBs better than Flynn.. likely including the QB we have on our roster right now in Moore

This

Sarnics13
02-17-2012, 01:39 PM

I'm not saying it was you, but I remember distinctly after Moore had his 3 TD game how so many people were using that to point out how he was so much better than Henne bc he had never been able to do that. Does anyone really believe Moore is capable of throwing a 6TD, 480 yard game?
I don't know if Flynn is the answer but he sure makes one heck of an argument with just the few games he has displayed himself.

DudeleBroski
02-18-2012, 02:40 AM
The fact is A&M went into this year with BIG expectations. Sherman through lack of recruiting or just believing in a WR turned QB, blew that season.Tannehill through his play cost Sherman his job. He lost every big game in the BIG 12 this year with his play. 3rd and 4th qt play by Tannehill was not just terrible, it was job costing terrible.As for your comment about Moore, neither Ireland or Ross believe he is the man to lead this franchise moving forward. Tannehill threw 6 touchdowns while beating baylor.

Casas9425
02-18-2012, 02:59 AM
I haven't seen Matt Moore bomb the hell out of 2 playoff teams like Flynn did. Until then you can't compare the two.

Nawledge
02-19-2012, 06:45 PM
To me Moore benefitted from a weak schedule and the defense going nuts towards the end of the season. Also Moore sailed a wounded duck over to Marshall once in a while. What did he do against the Giants? Nothing. What did he do against the Jets? Nothing. What did he do against the Broncos? Nothing. What did he do in Dallas? Nothing. What did he do against the Eagles? Nothing. Beating up the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me. He's a backup.

Thats exactly what Flynn is too.

In that game against the Lions Flynn threw like 7 yard slants and the receivers did all the work. Flynns deep ball looks like sh*t. He looked no better than Henne in the redzone. I dont get why so many people think hes a franchise QB after starting 2 games. His numbers look good, yea i cant disagree there, but watch him play...hes not as good as you think.

Matt Cassel looked pretty good when he filled in for Brady and looked pretty good there then went to KC, was paid big money and given the starting job and sucked.

Kevin Kolb came in for Mcnabb and looked pretty good too....got beat out by Vick the year he was supposed to start. Signed a huge contract in Arizona and sucked and got hurt. I called this one...i said Kolb only looked good cuz of Andy Reids QB friendly system and that he was gonna suck and that some team is gonna get screwed.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY LOOKED GOOD FILLING IN ON A WINNING TEAM DOESNT MEAN THEY WILL BE A FRANCHISE QB FOR ANOTHER TEAM. ITS GONNA COST A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO SIGN FLYNN AND HES ONLY PLAYED 2 NFL GAMES, HE HASNT PROVED ANYTHING. WE HAVE MORE HOLES ON THIS TEAM THAN JUST QB.

I WOULD RATHER STICK WITH MATT MOORE THAN PAY MATT FLYNN THE $50 MILLION HES GONNA BE ASKING FOR.

BUT...

I like the way Philbin and the coaching staff sounds like smart football people who know what theyre talking about. We have the advantage over other teams in evaluating Flynn. Based on what i seen of Flynn i want no part of him and his mega contract. I dont think he is worth it or that he would even be an upgrade over Moore. However, IF Philbin (who watched him in practice every day) thinks Flynn is the guy then i will accept it and hope for the best. Based on what i have seen (in his 2 whole games) he is not a franchise QB. He played in one game in 2010 and one in 2011. Think about the team this guy had around him. One team (2010) won the super bowl. One team (2011) almost went undefeated and lost in the playoffs to the champs. Matt Moore would probably look better than Flynn if Moore had been in Flynns place on GBs team.

Nawledge
02-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen Matt Moore bomb the hell out of 2 playoff teams like Flynn did. Until then you can't compare the two.

Matt Flynn beat the patriots....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the SUPER BOWL WINNING PACKERS!!!!

Matt Flynn beat the Lions....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the ALMOST UNDEFEATED PACKERS!!!!

The Packers have more to do with making Flynn look good than Flynn making the Packers good. Its not like the Packers sucked then all of a sudden Flynn came in and started tearing it up. Flynn played two games on a super bowl caliber team that was good to begin with.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Matt Flynn beat the patriots....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the SUPER BOWL WINNING PACKERS!!!!

Matt Flynn beat the Lions....but Flynn wasnt on the Miami Dolphins, he was on the ALMOST UNDEFEATED PACKERS!!!!

The Packers have more to do with making Flynn look good than Flynn making the Packers good. Its not like the Packers sucked then all of a sudden Flynn came in and started tearing it up. Flynn played two games on a super bowl caliber team that was good to begin with.Throwing 6 TD's is hard to do against air...

CANDolphan
02-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Matt Moore already had his shot in Carolina and he sucked.

Why do you keep spouting off this nonsense over and over even though you are being constantly corrected? Look into his history in Carolina. His "next season" (after having a really good start in Carolina) he was shoved back into playing time after being concussed. He performed poorly (wow shocking! A guy can't play well when hes got cobwebs in his brain) and eventually got injured again.

To say he had any opportunity in Carolina is absolutely ridiculous. Stop spouting nonsense and EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Why do you keep spouting off this nonsense over and over even though you are being constantly corrected? Look into his history in Carolina. His "next season" (after having a really good start in Carolina) he was shoved back into playing time after being concussed. He performed poorly (wow shocking! A guy can't play well when hes got cobwebs in his brain) and eventually got injured again.

To say he had any opportunity in Carolina is absolutely ridiculous. Stop spouting nonsense and EDUCATE YOURSELF.No excuses. He was medically cleared to play and he sucked.

CANDolphan
02-19-2012, 08:11 PM
No excuses. He was medically cleared to play and he sucked.

You're so ignorant it's absolutely painful. He was medically cleared to play but SURELY an NFL team would not clear someone that isn't 100% okay, right? The man was sent to the HOSPITAL and kept overnight, yet was cleared for a game as physical as football in a mere FIVE DAYS. Sidney Crosby, the hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins, was sat for OVER TWO MONTHS due to a concussion..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459581/sidney-crosby-concussion

But hey! Matt Moore was medically cleared in 5 days! It's entirely his fault! Wait... he was throwing on the sidelines during that game? But how! He was MEDICALLY CLEARED!? Surely an organization such as the NFL wouldn't do this!

A close family friend (may he rest in peace) played for the Miami Dolphins and they constantly "medically cleared" him to play... play in games that he had absolutely zero recollection of. Why? Because concussions are serious and life threatening incidents that can't simply be "walked off".

But no, luckily there are still people like you that either place faith in the wrong things or simply don't give a **** and say things casually without understand the reprocussions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7345282/nflpa-sent-reps-investigate-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-handling

Even today, after the 2010 season's emphasis on concussion effects (Much like Matt Moore's incident) we still have teams and staff clearing guys that really have no business playing.

Again, educate yourself. Stop the cycle of negligence and just read up on some issues. I know it will be painful to admit that somehow you don't know everything (actually, closer to the opposite end of that spectrum but I digress) but the information is there. We have absolutely no reason to continue spouting off bull**** like you do.

How old are you, out of curiosity? I really hope you drop some of that guard and allow information to sink in without immediately dismissing it out of pure ignorance. If not, then whatever, ignore it is.

jonanthans
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Tannehill threw 6 touchdowns while beating baylor.

Yeah I'm not sure Baylor even has a defense. Flynns' was against an NFL defense. Not even comparable.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 08:26 PM
You're so ignorant it's absolutely painful. He was medically cleared to play but SURELY an NFL team would not clear someone that isn't 100% okay, right? The man was sent to the HOSPITAL and kept overnight, yet was cleared for a game as physical as football in a mere FIVE DAYS. Sidney Crosby, the hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins, was sat for OVER TWO MONTHS due to a concussion..

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7459581/sidney-crosby-concussion

But hey! Matt Moore was medically cleared in 5 days! It's entirely his fault! Wait... he was throwing on the sidelines during that game? But how! He was MEDICALLY CLEARED!? Surely an organization such as the NFL wouldn't do this!

A close family friend (may he rest in peace) played for the Miami Dolphins and they constantly "medically cleared" him to play... play in games that he had absolutely zero recollection of. Why? Because concussions are serious and life threatening incidents that can't simply be "walked off".

But no, luckily there are still people like you that either place faith in the wrong things or simply don't give a **** and say things casually without understand the reprocussions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7345282/nflpa-sent-reps-investigate-cleveland-browns-colt-mccoy-handling

Even today, after the 2010 season's emphasis on concussion effects (Much like Matt Moore's incident) we still have teams and staff clearing guys that really have no business playing.

Again, educate yourself. Stop the cycle of negligence and just read up on some issues. I know it will be painful to admit that somehow you don't know everything (actually, closer to the opposite end of that spectrum but I digress) but the information is there. We have absolutely no reason to continue spouting off bull**** like you do.

How old are you, out of curiosity? I really hope you drop some of that guard and allow information to sink in without immediately dismissing it out of pure ignorance. If not, then whatever, ignore it is.No excuses. You have to outperform Jimmy Clausen. He was medically cleared to play.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

CANDolphan
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

Sigh. I half expected this. I'm almost convinced you're a middle aged man with some sort of bull**** mentality that real men tough it out, when in reality it just flat out is not understood just how severe these injuries are. A concussion is brutal, yes, but with proper treatment and...

You know what? I'm not going to bother. Im constantly putting lots of effort and information into posts that are ignored simply because you are incapable of comprehending anything but the logic of a neanderthal. Continue to spout of absolute crap about him being MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY, as we have proven is an absolute logical fallacy. You are what is wrong with the NFL today, sir. I truly mean that. Attitudes like yours are why concussions are "part of the game"

The good news is that those that have actual logic and intelligence will disregard every opinion you have from here on out thanks to your demonstration here. Best of luck to you.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Sigh. I half expected this. I'm almost convinced you're a middle aged man with some sort of bull**** mentality that real men tough it out, when in reality it just flat out is not understood just how severe these injuries are. A concussion is brutal, yes, but with proper treatment and...

You know what? I'm not going to bother. Im constantly putting lots of effort and information into posts that are ignored simply because you are incapable of comprehending anything but the logic of a neanderthal. Continue to spout of absolute crap about him being MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY, as we have proven is an absolute logical fallacy. You are what is wrong with the NFL today, sir. I truly mean that. Attitudes like yours are why concussions are "part of the game"

The good news is that those that have actual logic and intelligence will disregard every opinion you have from here on out thanks to your demonstration here. Best of luck to you.I'm 26 and what I have written is the truth. I'm not ready to make excuses for a mediocre quarterback's performance.

jonanthans
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
The secret to success in this league is pairing a solid Qb with an offensvie scheme that plays to his strengths and minimizes any weaknesses that he may have. If Philbin brings in Flynn, he is obviously our best option. If he chooses to stay with Moore, then obviously he sees something in Moore that has been shown in glimpses. If he drafts a Qb, it speaks volumes about both of those guys. One thing no one is talking about is the possibility of Philbin actually keeping Henne. IF that happens, we also have to respect his opinion on the value of Chad Henne as well, no matter how un-popular it may be.

J Tes
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Eric Berry > Ed Reed.

Umm No! Hope you're joking

Blake the great
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I like Moore but some people on here need to realize that he is not the answer. Our staff has already made it clear that they are looking for a franchise QB, ala Matt Moore isnt that guy and I think we all knew that. Matt Moore is servicable, and better than Henne (but thats not saying much) he is nothing more.

My wish list scenario
1. Sign Peyton Manning, draft Tannehill
2. Sign Matt Flynn, draft QB in latter rounds

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Look Crazy685 is basically saying that the Carolina Panthers played Moore after he didn't pass a concussion test. I'm not ready to make an accusation like that. I also find it highly unlikely that they would want to rush the great and almighty Matt Moore back into action when they had just used a second round pick on Jimmy Clausen.

Casas9425
02-19-2012, 10:19 PM
The secret to success in this league is pairing a solid Qb with an offensvie scheme that plays to his strengths and minimizes any weaknesses that he may have. If Philbin brings in Flynn, he is obviously our best option. If he chooses to stay with Moore, then obviously he sees something in Moore that has been shown in glimpses. If he drafts a Qb, it speaks volumes about both of those guys. One thing no one is talking about is the possibility of Philbin actually keeping Henne. IF that happens, we also have to respect his opinion on the value of Chad Henne as well, no matter how un-popular it may be.I'm not going to respect that opinion at all. If Philbin thinks Henne is a starter in this league then he is clueless and it will only be a matter of time before he's fired.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm not going to respect that opinion at all. If Philbin thinks Henne is a starter in this league then he is clueless and it will only be a matter of time before he's fired.

This the same coach who has had QB camps with Aaron Rodgers as a student?

BigNastyDB13
02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm not crazy about Flynn. I havent seen enough of him. 2 games to be exact but Ive seen PLENTY of Tannehill and its obvious to me by the amount of Dolphin fans that want him, especially those willing to use a top 10 pick on him that a lot of people havent seen much of him. Living in Oklahoma and watching primarily Big 12 games I can tell you that Tannehill is a project and I wouldnt take him any earlier than the 2nd round. I honestly wouldnt be thrilled with im in the early part of the 2nd round either. He's a good athlete, but he's far from a good QB. He has accuracy issues, footwork issues, and timing issues. The only thing he s got going for him is he can run and he has a solid arm but he doesnt have the skills to excell in a west coast offense and I have my doubts if he ll ever be anything other than a stop gap starter/back-up. I just dont get the love affair with the guy. If he turns into a top 15 QB Ill be surprised and there's no way this cat is going to be a top 5 type QB. No way. Ive seen too much of him, he'd have to improve leaps and bounds to be a middle of the road QB.

tumblemist
02-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Brain injuries can affect how a player plays? Golly no, injuries should just be played through, people should be willing to risk long-term injury for my entertainment!

Roman529
02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
It looks like the Green Bay Packers just cut one of their O-lineman (Chad Clifton) and restructured the contract of a WR (Donald Driver) so that they can franchise tag Matt Flynn's contract. I think that will cost the Packers $14 million, but it sounds like Flynn may be off the board.