PDA

View Full Version : 'Hot for Teacher' Essay Lands Student in Trouble

BAMAPHIN 22
02-16-2012, 05:00 PM
A Michigan college student is crying foul after he was kicked off campus for writing a sexually suggestive journal entry about his teacher for a class assignment. Joseph Corlett, a 56-year-old countertop refinisher who is pursuing a degree in writing and rhetoric at Oakland University, wrote the essay as a part of a creative writing journal assignment in a writing course. http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-student-charged-intimidation-writing-hot-teacher-inspired/story?id=15648870

rob19
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
open link
audio commercial
close link

Locke
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Dude was being a creeper and got caught, nothing he can say will change that fact. This non-profit organization jumped on board because they are suing a University and it is good exposure for them. If it was a community college or something, guaranteed they wouldn't waste their time.

I could be a little biased since I teach a few classes at the University here and see stuff like this. It doesn't surprise me that the guy was older than the usual college student. For whatever reason, the middle aged men who come back to school for their degrees take it upon themselves to eye-f*ck all the graduate students and PhD candidates who have to teach classes. I mean, lets be honest, all the guys do, but the middle-aged dudes don't even try to hide it most times. A few semesters ago I had to walk one of my colleagues from her class back to the office because one of the middle-aged dudes in her class was essentially stalking her. I attribute it to a different generation not being used to having women in a position of authority over them, but who really knows...

DphinBillkiller
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
The old dude was kinda creepy and crossed the line when he made it too personal instead of anonymous. Now days women can cry sexual harassment in the workplace. She might have even feared for her safety. It was just poor judgement on his part.