PDA

View Full Version : WalterFootball Mock Draft

Czonka39
02-16-2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/images/fball/dolphinsb_logo.gif Miami Dolphins: Quinton Coples (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/scoutingreport2012qcoples.php), DE, North Carolina http://www.finheaven.com/forums/college/NorthCarolina_logo.gif
Mocking Quinton Coples to the Dolphins didn't make much sense a month ago, but new head coach Joe Philbin announced that he wants to convert this defense to a 4-3. That's a very strange move, given that Miami's stop unit wasn't the problem last year. I already thought the Philbin hire was a curious one to begin with, given the horrible event that just occurred in his life; his illogical moves make my belief stronger.

At any rate, the Dolphins need a pass-rusher across from Cameron Wake regardless of whether they're running the 4-3 or 3-4. The only difference is that Coples becomes a perfect complement to Wake in the former formation.

Caveat emptor on Coples, by the way. The effort wasn't always there when he was a senior, and the only times he looked good in the Senior Bowl was when he was matched up against guards Kelechi Osemele and Senio Kelemete. Tackles Mike Adams and Mitchell Schwartz completely stonewalled him. I wouldn't touch Coples with a top-12 pick, but there's no doubt that he'll likely be chosen in the top 10.

*** OTHER 2012 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Riley Reiff, OT - I don't see Riley Reiff making it past the Dolphins. He would be the best player available, and would fill a huge need at right tackle.

2. Trade Up for Robert Griffin, QB - The Dolphins will probably sign Matt Flynn, but if they miss out on him, owner Stephen Ross will do everything in his power to acquire Griffin.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Vaark
02-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Kiper now has us taking Reiff

silverfin
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I've seen Jonathan Martin, Melvin Ingram, Trent Richardson, Dre Kirkpatrick, Zach Brown, Devon Still, Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro all mocked to us by various 'experts'. :d-day:

JDOE
02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes, that draft is worth mocking.

The Confessor
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Kiper now has us taking Reiff

Well, then I think its very clear we will never ever, in a gazillion years pick Reiff.

That dudes hairspray has permeated his brain.

3rdandinches
02-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Q.Coples would be the smart pick for us.

Roman529
02-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Mayock from the NFL Network, says Coples is the most overrated guy in the draft and he said Coples should be a third round pick. Coples had a good Junior year but a bad Senior year.

Mayock on North Carolina[/URL]DE Quinton Coples: I’m not a fan. I’d be scared to death because he did not play well or hard as a senior.
[URL]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/02/mike-mayock-gives-his-opinions-on-draft-prospects-i-chime-in-with-mine/ (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23UNC)

MP-Omnis
02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Brian Bulaga got the Packers to the Superbowl in 2 years. Philbin knows what's up.

SR 7
02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
looking at Coples, he looks like he doesn't give a **** about anything, wants $ and books it.

if he's head is in the right place, he has potential to be good but my opinion I think he busts out.

LANGER72
02-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Our biggest needs are QB and RG/RT. Whoever the top rated player at those positions is there at 8/9 will be our pick.

Markcalius
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM
looking at Coples, he looks like he doesn't give a **** about anything, wants $ and books it.

if he's head is in the right place, he has potential to be good but my opinion I think he busts out.

Reminds me of what people said about Everson Griffen back in 2010. I remember people speculating here on whether he would be worth our first pick.

Ended up slipping to the fourth round, and I don't think he has been heard from since. His youtube videos were nice though.

SMadison29
02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Mayock from the NFL Network, says Coples is the most overrated guy in the draft and he said Coples should be a third round pick. Coples had a good Junior year but a bad Senior year.

Mayock on North Carolina[/URL]DE Quinton Coples: I’m not a fan. I’d be scared to death because he did not play well or hard as a senior.
[URL]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/02/mike-mayock-gives-his-opinions-on-draft-prospects-i-chime-in-with-mine/ (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23UNC)

Mayock didn't say Coples should be a third round pick. He said depending on what film you look at he looks like a top 10 pick, a second round pick, or a third round pick.

Kdawg954
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
If we choose Reiff over Decastro I will be extremely pissed off.

Our RT is already on the team.

miamiron
02-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Talk about right tackles when our #2 wide receiver averaged 2 receptions a game
and had 1 td all season...PLEASE WE NEED A PLAY MAKING STUD WIDE RECEIVER

You immediately have a HUGE upgrade over Hartline
and you have someone who can draw attention away from Marshall
making him even better

FINMAN13
02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I see Miami's needs as the following for the draft and free agency...

1) QB - Like Moore and any QB other than Payton should have to PROVE he is better during camp. But we need to have multiple options for the future.
2) DE - Other than Wake we have no pass rush in a 3-4 system... It gets even worse in a 4-3 with only Wake.

3) WR - Need #2 guy that has speed and size.
4) FS - Need Starter!
5) OLB (4-3 System Change) Misi / Burnett ... One should be upgraded.
6) TE - Need a playmaker and depth will help with injuries.

7) RG - Need To Upgrade. Would Be Higher If No 4-3 System Change.
8) SS - Need To Upgrade Bell, If He Has Lost A Step.
9) HB - Split Carries w/ Bush. Don't care if Bush wants to carry it 25 times a game. We need him healthy and FAST... So he should be getting 15-20 with another back getting 5-10 a game.

10) OLB - DEPTH
11) WR - DEPTH
12) RT - DEPTH

Csonka39
02-18-2012, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=Czonka39;1064209511]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/images/fball/dolphinsb_logo.gif Miami Dolphins: Quinton Coples (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/scoutingreport2012qcoples.php), DE, North Carolina http://www.finheaven.com/forums/college/NorthCarolina_logo.gif
Mocking Quinton Coples to the Dolphins didn't make much sense a month ago, but new head coach Joe Philbin announced that he wants to convert this defense to a 4-3. That's a very strange move, given that Miami's stop unit wasn't the problem last year. I already thought the Philbin hire was a curious one to begin with, given the horrible event that just occurred in his life; his illogical moves make my belief stronger.

We need all the above, O line to replace 2 weak links,# 2 that is 1, a QB. i Honestly dont know wich way to go here a Qb that looked great in a few games from Green Bay, Mr Flynn or From Indi Mr Manning,with his Medical problems????? then there is the Draft, i think its all a Crap shoot. i have a gut feeling about the draft and The QB class of 2012, that the top from 2 down should be flipped, in other words there mabe be some hidden gems in this draft class.
i hope the New Dolphins Coaching staff Picks Well Peace out

NoblePhin
02-18-2012, 09:58 AM
How amazing would it be if we got richardson?

Badboy_2083
02-18-2012, 01:25 PM
If we are going pass rusher I think the 2 best guys are the two below:

Whitney Mercilus*, DE/OLB, Illinois
Height: 6-4. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2012): 1.
2/17/12: A typical game from Mercilus in 2011 featured a sack and a forced fumble. He led the nation in sacks and forced fumbles last year. The junior totaled 57 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, 16 sacks and nine forced fumbles.

Mercilus showed no mercy this season to offensive tackles and quarterbacks. All year long, he beat tackles with a combination of speed, strength and athleticism. Against Ohio State's Mike Adams, one of the best offensive tackles Mercilus played this year, he beat Adams for 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble. Mercilus was tough on Wisconsin and its powerful offensive line with a sack-fumble on a bull rush through massive right tackle Josh Oglesby. Routinely, Mercilus plays with ideal pad level and body lean.

The early entry prospect is extremely fast and gets upfield in a hurry. His speed puts offensive tackles on their heels, and he has the athleticism to drop his hips and shoulder to turn towards the quarterback. Mercilus' strength can take linemen by surprise, and he has a powerful bull rush. In run defense, Mercilus anchors and holds his ground well. He needs to work on shedding blocks in order to be able to make more tackles in the ground game.

Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
Height: 6-3. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
Arm: 32. Hand: 9 1/4.
Projected Round (2012): 1-2.
2/17/12: While other players like Coples, Ingram and Upshaw were the superstar defensive ends of the Senior Bowl, Curry put together an impressive week that really helped his draft stock. He had success going against highly touted offensive tackle Mike Adams. The week started extremely well when Curry checked in at 6-foot-3, 265-pounds. For the majority of the past couple of seasons, he was viewed as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Curry still could play that position because of his raw speed and athleticism, but he showed the strength and size to be a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL. Curry was a base end in a 4-3 defense in college, so he already has a lot of experience lining up with his hand in the ground. Everybody knew that Curry was a quality pass rusher, but he performed well against the run also. It was an impressive week that really should open some doors for him to 4-3 defenses.

In 2011, Curry had 77 tackles, 22 tackles for a loss, 11 sacks, three blocked kicks and seven forced fumbles. He had a three sack game against Southern Mississippi. Before this year started, Curry added weight from the 2010 season, roughly 10 pounds, and he still looked fast and explosive. Curry had to battle consistent extra blocking this year. Right now, his consistency from 2010 to 2011 has his stock moving up.

8/21/11: Vinny Curry is an explosive athlete who had a dominant junior season. He was one of the best pass rushers in college football last year with 12 sacks. Curry also had 18 tackles for a loss and 94 tackles. At his size and weight, he should translate well as an edge rusher in a 3-4 defense. Curry is very fast with fabulous closing speed. He plays better in space. However, Curry does not have the size and strength to hold up against offensive linemen when lining up with his hand in the ground as a base end. Some teams were able to run right at him. He typically uses his speed to run around offensive linemen, and that opens up his gap on run downs. Thus, Curry would be a much better fit for a 3-4 defense.

What's also interesting is those are the 2 most versatile and would be good in either 4-3 or 3-4.

Badboy_2083
02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
BTW I'm not saying we should use the 8th or 9th pick on either but as of now they both could be trade down targets unless of course they both have the expected great combines people are expecting of them. They both wreak more havoc than any other Defensive ends in college.

Badboy_2083
02-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Some videos that should peak your interest.

Whitney Mercilus Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wxQOaCPNF4

Mercilus vs UCLA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fJEcIF1h8

Vinny Curry Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWjrrrjpZgw

Unfortunately I couldn't find a game video for Curry from this season but you will hear both these guys names in the next few weeks and see some more videos come out then. These are the 2 most disruptive DEs in college, they both have size and are leaders on there teams. I would love to have them both and rotate them with Wake.

jim1
02-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Our biggest needs are QB and RG/RT. Whoever the top rated player at those positions is there at 8/9 will be our pick.

If you set aside the age factor the top player available will be Brandon Weeden. If you include the age factor the top player available will be David DeCastro. jmo

1. David DeCastro
2. Brandon Weeden
3. Joe Adams

utahphinsfan
02-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Q.Coples would be the smart pick for us.

I'd prefer Ingram over Coples. My preference is Upshaw.

Those, Kirkpatrick, or the CB from LSU whose name escapes me @ the moment would all be wonderful.

LANGER72
02-18-2012, 07:42 PM
How amazing would it be if we got richardson?

I would be very excited about this pick too. Not too much love for him amongst our FH brethren unfortunately.
The guy would be a perfect bruiser to compliment Reggie Bush.
DT can take Slayton/Hilliards snaps.

allsilverdreams
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I want nothing to do with a guy who takes plays off in a 12 game season.wht will he do when there is 4 pre season games and 16 regular season games.esp if it's our first round pick

2413fanphins
02-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd rather lamaar miller than trich to spell reggie. I think if we take richardson (which I'm not totally against, read on)... it would mean moving at the very least reggie or DT or both. Trich is an everydown back. In taking him I think it means we raise the red flag on the DT experiment and would than need to move him.
taking lamar miller who in all honesty I don't know if he will pan out as an everydown back or not, we at least keep reggie for his contract year and didn't waste trading up for daniel thomas.
If say reggie leaves after next season, lamar is there to pick up where he left off. lamar is a homerun hitter. reggie is a homerun hitter. I don't think we'd see much fall off. if reggie stays of course or resigns, than we have three backs again, and probably look to move one anyway.

The Confessor
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
The latest Walter Football has us taking:

Coples
Kendall Rayes a DT out of U-Connvict
Nick Foles Gold QB from U of my A
Matt McCants OT from UAB

Seriously???? Really??????

If our draft pans out ANYTHING close to this. If we end up with any of these 4 guys, I will be very very disinterested in what's happening until the real season starts!!!!

JamesBW43
02-25-2012, 10:02 AM
He also has Claiborne dropping to the Panthers. I know jack about these players, but if Claiborne is as good as he's being projected, I would hope we wouldn't think of passing on him.

Kdawg954
02-25-2012, 10:14 AM
He also has Claiborne dropping to the Panthers. I know jack about these players, but if Claiborne is as good as he's being projected, I would hope we wouldn't think of passing on him.

If Claiborne slips by the Bucs, Miami needs to consider trading up for him. Dude has elite CB skills and him and Vontae on the corners and Smith at FS would be very interesting . . . I think Smith would be real good at FS, something I was worried about when he was really shying away from his tackles early in his career. I think he is ready.

MiamiMuss
02-25-2012, 11:08 AM
If Moe fell to us we would definitely find a trade down partner or we take him.

Kdawg954
02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
If Moe fell to us we would definitely find a trade down partner or we take him.

Would be typical of Miami to trade down with an elite prospect like Claiborne staring them in the face.

Wildbill3
02-25-2012, 01:33 PM
unless his mom is a whore, he ain't getting drafted by us.