PDA

View Full Version : Interesting mock draft

Finfan4lyfe91
02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
When I first saw this I didn't think it was very reasonable, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense given the Jags history of weird choices. Just thought I'd share.

http://nflmocks.com/2012/02/15/pre-scouting-combine-2012-nfl-mock-draft/

matt11390
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't think the pic for the Jags is strange at all. That kid is moving up in the draft fast and heard Kiper and Shay both state they think he could make it in the top 10. I think the Dolphins pic is more of a reach. IMO Miami could pick a Coples, Martin, or DeCastro before Blackmon.

Kdawg954
02-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't think the pic for the Jags is strange at all. That kid is moving up in the draft fast and heard Kiper and Shay both state they think he could make it in the top 10. I think the Dolphins pic is more of a reach. IMO Miami could pick a Coples, Martin, or DeCastro before Blackmon.

First time I've heard Blackmon at 9 being a reach. Kid is a complete WR who lacks the top end speed but brings everything else to the table as a WR. Playmaker is always a need for the Dolphins and adding a talent like Blackmon at WR would be a huge pickup.

Gonzo
02-17-2012, 11:53 AM

Blackmon is a reach and Martin isn't? Welcome to bizarro world.

matt11390
02-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Blackmon is a reach and Martin isn't? Welcome to bizarro world.

What I was thinking with my comment but didn't actually type was that Blackmon is just like Marshall. This is why I said Blackmon is a reach. Most assured Blackmon will be gone by our pick. Martin brings the speed element that Miami needs. But honestly I hope our new coaching staff can get the best out of Gates for our speed. If we are all honest in our assessment of Miami's greatest needs, it's QB first and then OL.

Gonzo
02-18-2012, 12:34 PM
What I was thinking with my comment but didn't actually type was that Blackmon is just like Marshall. This is why I said Blackmon is a reach. Most assured Blackmon will be gone by our pick. Martin brings the speed element that Miami needs. But honestly I hope our new coaching staff can get the best out of Gates for our speed. If we are all honest in our assessment of Miami's greatest needs, it's QB first and then OL.I'm not sure what you mean by Martin bringing the speed element, did you mean Wright?

I don't confuse biggest needs with 1st round picks. The only OT worth a top ten pick would be Kalil (and I'm not even sold on him). Any other OT is a reach, IMO. Certain positions warrant a bit of reaching, including QB and passrush. OL does not, particularly anything outside of LT. DeCastro is the only OL that is worth that spot, but then we have a top ten pick going to an interior lineman as Ireland continues to spend 1st round picks fixing the mess he created.

The right side can be fixed later in the draft and through FA. We have plenty of other needs that can be addressed with that spot, particularly pass rush, for which it is much harder to find talent in later rounds.

matt11390
02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by Martin bringing the speed element, did you mean Wright?

I don't confuse biggest needs with 1st round picks. The only OT worth a top ten pick would be Kalil (and I'm not even sold on him). Any other OT is a reach, IMO. Certain positions warrant a bit of reaching, including QB and passrush. OL does not, particularly anything outside of LT. DeCastro is the only OL that is worth that spot, but then we have a top ten pick going to an interior lineman as Ireland continues to spend 1st round picks fixing the mess he created.

The right side can be fixed later in the draft and through FA. We have plenty of other needs that can be addressed with that spot, particularly pass rush, for which it is much harder to find talent in later rounds.

I agree about the pass rush need. In my first post I said that specifically naming Coples. I also mentioned DeCastro as the OL we could take. And yes I meant Wright not Martin. If we take a tackle we should trade down a bit if we can. I don't like the idea of spending another first round pick on an OL but if we want to bring in Flynn or Manning (if he's healthy) then we better fix the OL so our new QB will make it through the season.

justdev7
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Blackmon is an animal. I'd love to see him in Fin colors. If you want to draft for talent over need then he's a phenomenal steal at the spot

sinPHIN
02-18-2012, 11:37 PM
What I was thinking with my comment but didn't actually type was that Blackmon is just like Marshall. This is why I said Blackmon is a reach. Most assured Blackmon will be gone by our pick. Martin brings the speed element that Miami needs. But honestly I hope our new coaching staff can get the best out of Gates for our speed. If we are all honest in our assessment of Miami's greatest needs, it's QB first and then OL.
no he isnt, ashlon jeffery is just like marshall. blackmon may not stretch the field but he is a play maker and a good complement to marshall

sinPHIN
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
if blackmon is there and we take someone else i will break something. we need more playmakers. pass rushers can be had in free agency and later in the draft

Finfan4lyfe91
02-19-2012, 12:28 AM
if blackmon is there and we take someone else i will break something. we need more playmakers. pass rushers can be had in free agency and later in the draft

This is something I think philbin understands is that we need playmakers so I strongly believe if somehow Blackmon makes it to us we will run the card up. That's something sparano would never do!

allsilverdreams
02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
:lol2:

The Confessor
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Blackmon and Marshall side by side? Are you kidding me?????

Add Fleener in the 2nd and I don't care WHO is throwing the rock!!!

tay0365
02-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Blackmon and Marshall side by side? Are you kidding me?????

Add Fleener in the 2nd and I don't care WHO is throwing the rock!!!

If your Miami, and Blackmon is there, the question isn't should you draft him, but how can you not?