PDA

View Full Version : some draft scenarios

utahphinsfan
02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
caveat: Strictly my opinion. There may be other compensation w/ the phins trading down but what is important is getting another 2nd rd pick.

as is

trade idea 1

trade idea 2

1st
Upshaw

1 (13)
Ingram

1 (17)
Weeden/Tannehill

2nd
Fleener

2a
Fleener

2a
Fleener

3rd
Zeitler

2b
Boykin

2b
Iloka

Foles

Adcock

Can you tell who I have had my eye on since Gerhardt (now w/Minny) was a Senior? Keep in mind; I also wanted the phins to draft Toby to replace Ronnie.

I prefer the as is. As the phins are staying w/ a hybrid D, Upshaw is the ideal player. The OL would be... Jake, Jerry, Pouncey, Zeitler, & Garner.

It would not bother me if the phins waited until the 4th or 5th and acquired Relf from Mississippi St.

Further, if the Vikes drafted Luck or Griffin. I would not mind Miami acquiriung Ponder if the price were right.

dtjp17
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I fully agree with you on Fleener if we dont sign a free agent wr the i agree with going D ROUND 1. There are so many possibilities that we have with this off season that its not even worth predicting how were going to draft until after FA

datruth55
02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Just don't see Fleener lasting till our pick in the 2nd round. I think with us staying in the base 3-4 Upshaw is a solid pick and I like Zeitler as well.

There are a lot of very solid players in this draft but very few elite players IMO.

Ricky4Life
02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
I am hoping for Upshaw and Fleener.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I like option A. I do think Miami will have to trade up a little bit to get Fleener. His stock is on the rise and I believe he ends up late 1st round. I'd trade a #2 and #4 to move back in and get him.