PDA

View Full Version : GBN updated 3 round mock 2/22/12

jim1
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

Cleveland and Washington concern me mightily as per Weeden.

datruth55
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
This mock must assume we get a free agent QB. Don't like Kendall Wright going to the Bills, that would be bad news right there. Malik Jackson would actually be a pretty nice pick in the 3rd but O-line and D-line in the first 3 rounds would be disappointing. At some point Ireland needs to put more value on the skill positions in the top 2 rounds of the draft.

rob19
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Really don't think we need a DT. If we're switching to the 4-3, I think Odrick and Starks would do just fine there.

Fin Thirteen
02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
DT is about the one position I'm pretty sure we wouldn't take in Round 1.

Buff
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
That is a horrid draft for Miami.

Ist up, if we pass over, and in no order, Richardson, Kirkpatrick, DeCastra, Upshaw, Floyd or Tanneholl in the 1st, things could get ugly.

Then in round 2, Coby Fleener, Zebrie Sanders, het, even Burfict in the third, if we pass on these guys, heads will roll...

Thats a horrible draft in every way.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
drop kick the television if our first 3 round picks go like that...

MadDog 88
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

Cleveland and Washington concern me mightily as per Weeden.A valid concern. I can see Weeden moving into the late first round by draft day 1. If Weeden is the plan, I think they can trade down but I wouldn't drop farther then the Jets.

jim1
02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
A valid concern. I can see Weeden moving into the late first round by draft day 1. If Weeden is the plan, I think they can trade down but I wouldn't drop farther then the Jets.

I'm very worried about the Jets as per Weeden, too. Rex Ryan doesn't mess around- in the absence of Manning and his long, toubled neck, there's no better plug and play option aavailable than Weeden. Dallas lurks in my mind as well- doesn't help matters that he played his college ball in Cowboys territory.

I've been mulling over this situation for months- if Weeden is as good as I think he is, what do you do if you're the Dolphins? Options are go with Flynn, stick with Matt Moore, pray that Weeden is available at our 2nd rd pick, trade up or down in 1st/2nd rds, or damn it all and take him at 8 or 9, screw the age issue and realize that you're getting a top 5 talent at he the premiere NFL position. Personally, age aside, I think that Weeden is the second best player in this draft. But that's just me.

I'm not a huge Matt Moore fan, but I do kind of like him, and I wonder what he can do with a better supportng class, of which my focus is on Coby Fleener and Joe Adams. There should be a good RT available in the 4th rd, deep class at that position. I'm more concerned than most that going from Moore to Flynn is a very expensive lateral move. What would Moore's QBR be if Marshall didn't drop so many TD passes, we had a better #2 WR than Hartline, we had a slot receiver with speed who was actually a vertical breakaway threat and we had a seam busting TE like Fleener?. Something to ponder imo.

ps I'd love to see Washington, Cleveland or NYJ pick up Chad Henne.

TheWalrus
02-22-2012, 03:40 PM
It's hard to imagine that whichever team between Seattle and Miami doesn't get Flynn won't end up picking Tannehill in the first (assuming Washington doesn't sit still at #6 and take him).

Mudder1310
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
At this point I'd be open to trading a 5th rd for Brady Quinn.

TheWalrus
02-22-2012, 05:11 PM
At this point I'd be open to trading a 5th rd for Brady Quinn.

I'd rather trade a 5th rounder for Quinn the Eskimo.

MiamiMuss
02-22-2012, 05:11 PM
If this does happen i will crap my pants....Really a dt with 9 hes not even the best DT in the draft.

I would love to punch Ireland in the face if this happens.

72 silky
02-23-2012, 01:21 AM
It would be like watching Cam Cameron drafting the ginn family all over again

hooshoops
02-23-2012, 10:58 AM
It's hard to imagine that whichever team between Seattle and Miami doesn't get Flynn won't end up picking Tannehill in the first (assuming Washington doesn't sit still at #6 and take him).

that's exactly the way i see it...in the event tannehill gets plucked in front of us and we miss on flynn and manning that is when i think miami entertains a qb like weeden either in a trade down in round 1 or a trade up in round 2...

exactly how i see it...

utahphinsfan
02-24-2012, 12:19 AM
If Kirkpatrick is still on the board at 8/9, the pick is a no brainer.

sinPHIN
02-24-2012, 12:32 AM
another garbage mock. yuck