PDA

View Full Version : My perfect draft

normaniii
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I would draft much like the Cincinatti Bengals.

1-Identify positional needs
2-Identify draft picks where there is most depth at position of needs.

I would ideally have 8 picks, draft 4 positional needs and double up at each position

My 4 needs would be QB, WR, DE & CB/FS

I think there is a possibility of trading down with San Diego. Depth at OT in top 10 of which San Diego have a massive need, with the likely cut of Marcus Mcneill.

Thus my draft would go, with player of preference first:-

18 - QB - Tannehill
40 - WR - Alshon Jeffrey/Rueben Randle
50 - DE - Jared Crick/Vinny Curry/Chandler Jones
72 - CB/FS - Trumaine Johnson/George Iloka/Jayron Hosley/Josh Norman
104 - CB/FS - Dequan Menzie/Aaron Henry
136 - WR - TY Hilton/DeVier Posey/Marvin Jones/Eric Page/Jarius Wright/Marvin Mcnutt
168 - DE - Jake Bequette/Jack Crawford
200 - QB - Chandler Harnish/Kellen Moore

What would be your draft philosophy?

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
For a perfect draft that has a lot of variations...

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
...a lot of variations...and a lot of bad football players

datruth55
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Anything that has perfect and Cincinnati Bengals should be thrown out anyway. Cincinnati is not the model of consistancy or winning.

I'm not going to get into the players on the list cause many of them I don't like.

Buff
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
1st pick - bpa at a need spot- qb, OG, cb, de. if hypotheticatally Weeden, DeCastro, Kirkpatrick or Coples, I would be very happy with either of those picks.

2nd pick. BPA at TE, DE, OG

3rd pick. BPA at WR, DE, ILB, OG

4th pick BPA at each pick after, regardless of pick.

da1nonlydre16
02-22-2012, 02:36 PM
no way we reach for a guy Weeden at 8 or 9. Have to go pass rush or OL. The worst thing we can do is reach for a QB.

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Well it's an interesting strategy at least.

How about:

FA IN- QB Matt Flynn, RE Mark Anderson, RT Anthony Collins, CB Will Allen, RB Lex Hilliard
FA OUT - NT Paul Soliai, DE Kendall Langford, SS Yeremiah Bell, DE Phil Merling

R1 - MB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
R2 - FS George Iloka, Boise State
R3 - DE Malik Jackson, Tennessee
R4 - G/C Quentin Saulsberry, Mississippi State
R5 - TE Chase Ford, Miami
R6 - DE Jamie Blatnick, Oklahoma State
R7 - FB Cody Johnson, Texas
UDFA - CB Larry Parker, DT Micanor Regis, QB Stephen Garcia, LB Josh Linam

QB - Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Stephen Garcia
RB - Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas, Jerome Messam, Lex Hilliard
FB - Cody Johnson
SE - Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Julius Pruitt
LT - Jake Long
LG - Lydon Murtha, Nate Garner
OC - Mike Pouncey, Quentin Saulsberry
RG - Richie Incognito, John Jerry
RT - Anthony Collins, Ryan Cook
TE - Anthony Fasano, Charles Clay, Chase Ford
FL - Brian Hartline, Clyde Gates

LE - Cam Wake, Malik Jackson
LT - Jared Odrick, Ryan Baker
RT - Randy Starks, Tony McDaniel, Micanor Regis
RE - Mark Anderson, Jamie Blatnick
SB - Karlos Dansby, Koa Misi
MB - Luke Kuechly, Marvin Mitchell
WB - Kevin Burnett, Josh Linam
LC - Vontae Davis, Will Allen, Nolan Carroll
SS - Reshad Jones, Tyrone Culver
FS - George Iloka, Chris Clemons
RC - Sean Smith, Jimmy Wilson, Larry Parker

ST - Brandon Fields, Dan Carpenter, John Denney

That's really just one way to potentially go about your business. There are many different strategies, my main focus is that the strategies be cohesive.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 02:45 PM
i think you have iloka a round too high...i like his length he's really long but i also think he's got a lot of straight line in him...we'll see what kind of hips he has this weekend

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I think he's the next Kam Chancellor to be honest with you. Excellent football player and I'd be happy to have him in the 2nd round.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
kam chancellor unless i'm mistaken is playin ss...i see similarities there between the two sure...but i also think i see the same type of hips...

Tunaphish429
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
I would draft much like the Cincinatti Bengals.

1-Identify positional needs
2-Identify draft picks where there is most depth at position of needs.

I would ideally have 8 picks, draft 4 positional needs and double up at each position

My 4 needs would be QB, WR, DE & CB/FS

I think there is a possibility of trading down with San Diego. Depth at OT in top 10 of which San Diego have a massive need, with the likely cut of Marcus Mcneill.

Thus my draft would go, with player of preference first:-

18 - QB - Tannehill
40 - WR - Alshon Jeffrey/Rueben Randle
50 - DE - Jared Crick/Vinny Curry/Chandler Jones
72 - CB/FS - Trumaine Johnson/George Iloka/Jayron Hosley/Josh Norman
104 - CB/FS - Dequan Menzie/Aaron Henry
136 - WR - TY Hilton/DeVier Posey/Marvin Jones/Eric Page/Jarius Wright/Marvin Mcnutt
168 - DE - Jake Bequette/Jack Crawford
200 - QB - Chandler Harnish/Kellen Moore

What would be your draft philosophy?

Crick does not seem like a guy we would target..He would be a guy that would fit in a odd front or project to DT in a 43...I dont see Miami going after him unless they feel that is a need. An Edge Rusher is someone that is needed..

I dont like Chandler Jones production at all. Syracuse was pretty horrible this year on D but its just not there for me..2nd round is way too high.

Vinny Curry is an interesting prospect has had some good production but would need to add some weight even if he played OLB in a 34. but has the frame to do it at 6'5

finfan54
02-22-2012, 04:04 PM
ain't no way San Diego is trading up with us again.

Mayock has said on NFLN that G is a deep position in this draft. I see us getting one later for sure. I love Decastro but I dont think that will be happening.
I see alot of people including Mayock having trouble with us drafting a RT, particularly in Reilly Reiff who can play LT as well. If ever there were a position of need (taking LT when Long is out), this is it. I dont get Mayock saying we should waste a 8/9 pick on this guy. I could make an argument for the same on Coples. Who he also is against. I see many mock drafts where Reiff goes higher. Dont get it.

I know denial exists heavily on here however. I just dont want to hear the bitching when the Columbo crap starts again.

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Some comments on some guys I have coming to the Dolphins in THAT scenario (remember there are many scenarios, I'm not fixated on any players in particular but the scenarios have to be cohesive)...

Matt Flynn - I'd be happy with Brandon Weeden or Ryan Tannehill as options but Flynn is arguably the cheapest and yet most prepared to succeed immediately. Knows the system, good eyes for the field after the snap, makes plus decisions, can make every throw, accurate, mobile, good sense for rush and ability to do something about it, and excellent competitiveness/intangibles.

Mark Anderson - Very underrated player since before he was drafted, was a DROY type player at Chicago, unbelievable pure athletic ability, excellent pass rusher, can pull out to linebacker or play Right End, or Left End, can stop the run, can do it all. Still pretty young, too.

Anthony Collins - Excellent lower body explosion and mobility, good technique, keeps his feet moving. If you're in view of his power base, you're blocked. His weakness is still (as it was in college) his arm length and upper body strength. If you can get momentum heading away from his power base and he can't match with his feet, that's how you beat him in both phases. Good for a zone blocking scheme, IMO.

Luke Kuechly - Can be the mainstay of a linebacker unit for a decade or more. Extremely high IQ player that should make the players around him better. The only linebacker in this entire Draft that was consistently tuned into the ball movement from snap to whistle. Good and instinctive in the passing game. Eventually the Dolphins could move to more of a 3-3-5 stack nickel defense, with he and Dansby and Burnett all on the field.

George Iloka - The next Kam Chancellor. Has ridiculous size/speed metrics and was a play maker and very, very smart player at Boise State. Four year starter for an excellent football team and excellent defense. Durable player. Showed versatility for the Broncos by starting at cornerback for a couple of games, due to injuries. Showed that he was among the best, if not the very best, at Senior Bowl practices.

Malik Jackson - Not very talked about but probably destined to rise fast and he may actually rise above this pick. Exceptional size/frame and athleticism for the position. Played a lot of 1-Technique as a Defensive Tackle for the Volunteers, purely out of need and to get him closer to the ball. Considering the kind of player he is, he could get pushed back considerably by double teams up the middle, but he had a knack for getting off the blocks and getting to the ball anyway. When he gets to play his more natural Defensive End position, that is when you see the player he could be at the next level, showing off a vicious combination of power, speed and competitiveness.

Quentin Saulsberry - Stood out to me when I watched him go up against 1st round Defensive Tackle Michael Brockers. I thought he showed well against Brockers. He's a 40+ game starter. Athletic build, compact player with good frame that fires off the ball well and moves very well for a 300+ pounder. I think he's the kind of guy you plug into an offensive line to get chemistry with everyone, and if your coach is good, before you know it you have a good player.

Chase Ford - He made a very good impression at Shrine practices. I've never seen a tight end look that consistently good at Shrine practice, and that includes Dennis Pitta. He's not a good blocker but he has legit 6'6" and 260 lbs size, moves very well on that frame and doesn't lumber at all, true seam threat that can catch the ball away from his body. By the end of the week, the quarterbacks were looking for him because they knew throwing to him made them look good. For a week of All-Star practices, that's as good as it gets.

Jamie Blatnick - If you've watched Oklahoma State play defense, you know that Jamie Blatnick was probably the most consistent play maker on a play making defense. He is a compact, high energy player with brute force strength that will show up in weight room prowess as well as on the field. He has surprising mobility that earned him a lot of time out in coverage as a linebacker, where he broke up a ton of passes and intercepted the ball. He's gotten to the quarterback. I think he is definitely worth a look this late in the Draft.

Cody Johnson - Classic fullback and short yardage guy in the mold of Anthony Sherman from a year ago. Was a four star rated recruit coming out of high school, as a fullback. Does not lose yardage on carries.

Larry Parker - Very underrated corner, a natural ball hawk, senior player that understands defense and how teams are trying to attack him. He is athletic, and easily stays in the hip pocket. He can track the ball in the air as you can tell by his absurd number of interceptions. If you're concerned about the size, watch how he plays Ladarius Green one on one in the end zone on the fade two consectuive plays. That's supposed to be a giant mismatch but Parker played the ball exactly how a smaller but more athletic and faster player should play the ball when stuck in man coverage on a guy that is way bigger than him. He's made of wood when it comes to filling in on tackling support.

Micanor Regis - Another guy that played decently well in Shrine practices, nice big frame, showed some hand usage and quickness, and may be able to be trained for more of a 1-technique position at the next level. Worth a UDFA gamble.

Stephen Garcia - Dismissed from South Carolina for maturity problems, pot smoking, etc. The program missed him this year. The Dolphins may be interested in him. Steve Spurrier has privately shared he regrets dismissing him as he's grown up a lot. He's been training and he has some base skills to work with if he's matured properly. This is about as good as you get in a UDFA. You really don't expect much. Since the NFL made a change to the rules about emergency QBs on game day, the teams responded by keeping only two QBs on roster more than ever. Three is no longer the set number of QBs you keep on the 53 man roster. With Garcia and Devlin fighting for that third spot, you know that if neither is lighting it up you don't care if you cut both, and you also know that both your top two guys (Flynn and Moore) can handle the season if necessary.

Josh Linam - Another guy that popped and pinged all over the field in Shrine practice. He caught my attention, constantly making TFLs or plays out in coverage. Surprised he's not getting more of a following. Worth taking him to camp to compete with Spitler.

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
kam chancellor unless i'm mistaken is playin ss...i see similarities there between the two sure...but i also think i see the same type of hips...

Iloka's got better hip turn and ability to play man coverage on receivers than Chancellor, and Iloka has been a Free Safety for four years. My comparison to Chancellor was not meant to be position specific, just saying he'll have that kind of impact.

normaniii
02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
ain't no way San Diego is trading up with us again.

Mayock has said on NFLN that G is a deep position in this draft. I see us getting one later for sure. I love Decastro but I dont think that will be happening.
I see alot of people including Mayock having trouble with us drafting a RT, particularly in Reilly Reiff who can play LT as well. If ever there were a position of need (taking LT when Long is out), this is it. I dont get Mayock saying we should waste a 8/9 pick on this guy. I could make an argument for the same on Coples. Who he also is against. I see many mock drafts where Reiff goes higher. Dont get it.

I know denial exists heavily on here however. I just dont want to hear the bitching when the Columbo crap starts again.

Why not?

If Reiff or Martin goes early I can see them trading up for a tackle. Philip Rivers struggled this year with a lack of protection. It is very likely Mcneill will be cut. IMO LT is then a must for the Chargers.

normaniii
02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
For a perfect draft that has a lot of variations...

My ideal scenario would be:-

18 - QB - Tannehill
40 - WR - Alshon Jeffrey
50 - DE - Jared Crick
72 - CB - Trumaine Johnson
104 - FS - Aaron Henry
136 - WR - Marvin Mcnutt
168 - DE - Jake Bequette
200 - QB - Chandler Harnish

DKphin
02-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I do not see how you can not take a OG or OT in this draft.

DKphin
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Like Nancy Regan started the just say no to drugs campaign, I am starting my own just say no to Stephen Garcia in any round. The guy was nothing but trouble since he first stepped foot on the USC campus. Spurrier gave him chance after chance and he still could not do the right thing. JUST SAY NO! TO GARCIA

Stephen Garcia - Dismissed from South Carolina for maturity problems, pot smoking, etc. The program missed him this year. The Dolphins may be interested in him. Steve Spurrier has privately shared he regrets dismissing him as he's grown up a lot. He's been training and he has some base skills to work with if he's matured properly. This is about as good as you get in a UDFA. You really don't expect much. Since the NFL made a change to the rules about emergency QBs on game day, the teams responded by keeping only two QBs on roster more than ever. Three is no longer the set number of QBs you keep on the 53 man roster. With Garcia and Devlin fighting for that third spot, you know that if neither is lighting it up you don't care if you cut both, and you also know that both your top two guys (Flynn and Moore) can handle the season if necessary.

normaniii
02-22-2012, 05:52 PM
I do not see how you can not take a OG or OT in this draft.

I would move Carey back RT. I think people forget he is still only 30 and was something like the 23rd rated best tackle in 2010 out of about 73.

Murtha would be the backup, which would leave Garner, who I liked before injury, coming into camp fit and Jerry, who IMO did well at end of the year, competing for RG.

When you considerwe have no legitimate coverage FS, lack of depth at CB and DE and a QB is a must. IMO G/T is not in my biggest needs

TedSlimmJr
02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Some comments on some guys I have coming to the Dolphins in THAT scenario (remember there are many scenarios, I'm not fixated on any players in particular but the scenarios have to be cohesive)...

Matt Flynn - I'd be happy with Brandon Weeden or Ryan Tannehill as options but Flynn is arguably the cheapest and yet most prepared to succeed immediately. Knows the system, good eyes for the field after the snap, makes plus decisions, can make every throw, accurate, mobile, good sense for rush and ability to do something about it, and excellent competitiveness/intangibles.

Mark Anderson - Very underrated player since before he was drafted, was a DROY type player at Chicago, unbelievable pure athletic ability, excellent pass rusher, can pull out to linebacker or play Right End, or Left End, can stop the run, can do it all. Still pretty young, too.

Anthony Collins - Excellent lower body explosion and mobility, good technique, keeps his feet moving. If you're in view of his power base, you're blocked. His weakness is still (as it was in college) his arm length and upper body strength. If you can get momentum heading away from his power base and he can't match with his feet, that's how you beat him in both phases. Good for a zone blocking scheme, IMO.

Luke Kuechly - Can be the mainstay of a linebacker unit for a decade or more. Extremely high IQ player that should make the players around him better. The only linebacker in this entire Draft that was consistently tuned into the ball movement from snap to whistle. Good and instinctive in the passing game. Eventually the Dolphins could move to more of a 3-3-5 stack nickel defense, with he and Dansby and Burnett all on the field.

George Iloka - The next Kam Chancellor. Has ridiculous size/speed metrics and was a play maker and very, very smart player at Boise State. Four year starter for an excellent football team and excellent defense. Durable player. Showed versatility for the Broncos by starting at cornerback for a couple of games, due to injuries. Showed that he was among the best, if not the very best, at Senior Bowl practices.

Malik Jackson - Not very talked about but probably destined to rise fast and he may actually rise above this pick. Exceptional size/frame and athleticism for the position. Played a lot of 1-Technique as a Defensive Tackle for the Volunteers, purely out of need and to get him closer to the ball. Considering the kind of player he is, he could get pushed back considerably by double teams up the middle, but he had a knack for getting off the blocks and getting to the ball anyway. When he gets to play his more natural Defensive End position, that is when you see the player he could be at the next level, showing off a vicious combination of power, speed and competitiveness.

Quentin Saulsberry - Stood out to me when I watched him go up against 1st round Defensive Tackle Michael Brockers. I thought he showed well against Brockers. He's a 40+ game starter. Athletic build, compact player with good frame that fires off the ball well and moves very well for a 300+ pounder. I think he's the kind of guy you plug into an offensive line to get chemistry with everyone, and if your coach is good, before you know it you have a good player.

Chase Ford - He made a very good impression at Shrine practices. I've never seen a tight end look that consistently good at Shrine practice, and that includes Dennis Pitta. He's not a good blocker but he has legit 6'6" and 260 lbs size, moves very well on that frame and doesn't lumber at all, true seam threat that can catch the ball away from his body. By the end of the week, the quarterbacks were looking for him because they knew throwing to him made them look good. For a week of All-Star practices, that's as good as it gets.

Jamie Blatnick - If you've watched Oklahoma State play defense, you know that Jamie Blatnick was probably the most consistent play maker on a play making defense. He is a compact, high energy player with brute force strength that will show up in weight room prowess as well as on the field. He has surprising mobility that earned him a lot of time out in coverage as a linebacker, where he broke up a ton of passes and intercepted the ball. He's gotten to the quarterback. I think he is definitely worth a look this late in the Draft.

Cody Johnson - Classic fullback and short yardage guy in the mold of Anthony Sherman from a year ago. Was a four star rated recruit coming out of high school, as a fullback. Does not lose yardage on carries.

Larry Parker - Very underrated corner, a natural ball hawk, senior player that understands defense and how teams are trying to attack him. He is athletic, and easily stays in the hip pocket. He can track the ball in the air as you can tell by his absurd number of interceptions. If you're concerned about the size, watch how he plays Ladarius Green one on one in the end zone on the fade two consectuive plays. That's supposed to be a giant mismatch but Parker played the ball exactly how a smaller but more athletic and faster player should play the ball when stuck in man coverage on a guy that is way bigger than him. He's made of wood when it comes to filling in on tackling support.

Micanor Regis - Another guy that played decently well in Shrine practices, nice big frame, showed some hand usage and quickness, and may be able to be trained for more of a 1-technique position at the next level. Worth a UDFA gamble.

Josh Linam - Another guy that popped and pinged all over the field in Shrine practice. He caught my attention, constantly making TFLs or plays out in coverage. Surprised he's not getting more of a following. Worth taking him to camp to compete with Spitler.

Malik Jackson is one of the most underrated defensive lineman in this draft. I knew he'd be an underrated player throughout the season and made specific note of him in my underrated thread prior to the season. As you pointed out, he played a lot of DT for Tennessee this year, and he whipped Bobby Hebert's boy every single snap against LSU. If that had been a fight, it would've been stopped. Just a complete pummeling at the hands of Malik Jackson.

He only played DE for 7 snaps in 3 games against Bama, LSU, and South Carolina. 2 of those resulted in sacks, one where he completely destroyed D.J. Fluker, and 2 more that were hurries and resulted in the QB throwing the ball away. When you really watch him, it's apparent that he's a natural fit for a LDE in a 4-3. A bit of a poor man's Coples athletically, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jackson ends up a better pro. I think his ability to work a tackle on the edge is even better than what Coples brings as a pass rusher.

I like Joe Looney better than Saulsberry as a sleeper on the interior of the offensive line, particularly at LG.

Again, the Larry Parker kid was a great find. I'll draft this kid and not think twice about it, especially since I think I can get him late.

datruth55
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't care what kind of growing up Stephen Garcia has done there is no way I would want that guy on my team and certainly not over Pat Devlin. I'm anxious to see what Philbin and Sherman can do with Devlin in the WCO...I think it's a really good fit.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Iloka's got better hip turn and ability to play man coverage on receivers than Chancellor, and Iloka has been a Free Safety for four years. My comparison to Chancellor was not meant to be position specific, just saying he'll have that kind of impact.

yeah but we need a ballhawk more than anything at free...iloka to me as a pro looks more like a strong safety at this point...but i'll wait to say anything firm on that til i see his hips this week...i do see the chancellor like similarities from a physical aspect and i do think he's a hitter in that mold and i like that length to cover te's but i also think there's a lot of straight line in his game...either way though for me top 40 is a little rich

if your getting a similar pro impact to kam chancellor which may be the case lets keep in mind cam chancellor went in the 5th round...but thats probably more an off the field character thing than actual talent...so with iloka i'll take that up a few rounds and am comfortable with a 3rd round grade at this point...not sure i see him though as the ballhawk answer we need

TedSlimmJr
02-22-2012, 06:00 PM

99% of safeties are stiff in the hips, that's why they're safeties and not cornerbacks. The rare safeties with the fluidity in the hips of a cornerback are extremely rare and typically go in the top 15 picks or so. The only safeties that I've seen without stiff hips are Troy Polamalu, Eric Berry, and Earl Thomas.

I think Iloka is a fantastic safety. Reminiscent of the Darren Woodson type safety that has become a rare breed. Kam Chancellor is another good comparison.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
99% of safeties are stiff in the hips, that's why they're safeties and not cornerbacks. The rare safeties with the fluidity in the hips of a cornerback are extremely rare and typically go in the top 15 picks or so. The only safeties that I've seen without stiff hips are Troy Polamalu, Eric Berry, and Earl Thomas.

I think Iloka is a fantastic safety. Reminiscent of the Darren Woodson type safety that has become a rare breed. Kam Chancellor is another good comparison.

i realize most safeties have stiff hips...but i also don't like guys who i think are awfully straight linish as my last line of defense...i like iloka i don't like him in the top 40 but to each his own...and i'm not sure i like him as a pro free period but thats yet to be determined for me

ckparrothead
02-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Malik Jackson is one of the most underrated defensive lineman in this draft. I knew he'd be an underrated player throughout the season and made specific note of him in my underrated thread prior to the season. As you pointed out, he played a lot of DT for Tennessee this year, and he whipped Bobby Hebert's boy every single snap against LSU. If that had been a fight, it would've been stopped. Just a complete pummeling at the hands of Malik Jackson.

He only played DE for 7 snaps in 3 games against Bama, LSU, and South Carolina. 2 of those resulted in sacks, one where he completely destroyed D.J. Fluker, and 2 more that were hurries and resulted in the QB throwing the ball away. When you really watch him, it's apparent that he's a natural fit for a LDE in a 4-3. A bit of a poor man's Coples athletically, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jackson ends up a better pro. I think his ability to work a tackle on the edge is even better than what Coples brings as a pass rusher.

I like Joe Looney better than Saulsberry as a sleeper on the interior of the offensive line, particularly at LG.

Again, the Larry Parker kid was a great find. I'll draft this kid and not think twice about it, especially since I think I can get him late.

Interesting accounting on the number of snaps at DE against those three opponents. I don't doubt it. I know I've only seen a bare handful of snaps with him actually a DE and it seems like on well over half of them he soundly beats his man. Whether he gets the pressure or sack or not is just about the timing of the play, really. There's a want-to factor that I think is higher on Jackson than on Coples.

Saulsberry I just think of as a guy that is a long term starter, athletic build, quick and very mobile, but not strong enough and that's where I would hope your pro level strength and conditioning program would pay some dividends. Just seems like one of those guys you don't think of individually, but when you think of a unit, there he'll be, getting it done for cheap pay...eventually. It isn't going to happen right away for him.

TedSlimmJr
02-22-2012, 06:48 PM
i realize most safeties have stiff hips...but i also don't like guys who i think are awfully straight linish as my last line of defense...i like iloka i don't like him in the top 40 but to each his own...and i'm not sure i like him as a pro free period but thats yet to be determined for me

I like him as a free safety. I want that range and instincts in the guy I plan on being the single high safety in sky coverages or responsible for the deep middle 1/3 in Cover-3.

I think the safety class is a lot suspect other than Barron and Iloka. If you want one of them you better be ready to take them in top 40 or so. The only thing with Barron is injury issues. He's going to have to stay healthy considering his extremely physical style of play.

finfan54
02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Why not?

If Reiff or Martin goes early I can see them trading up for a tackle. Philip Rivers struggled this year with a lack of protection. It is very likely Mcneill will be cut. IMO LT is then a must for the Chargers.

cus its not likely a regime still on the hot seat will do the same thing with us they did two years ago. thats all. This draft is one that enables you to get a stud where they are drafting. Things change and stocks rise causing stuff to happen. DE and the bust picks they have made is one way. Problem is, we are looking for the same thing.

normaniii
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
cus its not likely a regime still on the hot seat will do the same thing with us they did two years ago. thats all. This draft is one that enables you to get a stud where they are drafting. Things change and stocks rise causing stuff to happen. DE and the bust picks they have made is one way. Problem is, we are looking for the same thing.

thats where we disagree, I dont fill we need to look for OT.

hooshoops
02-22-2012, 09:36 PM
I like him as a free safety. I want that range and instincts in the guy I plan on being the single high safety in sky coverages or responsible for the deep middle 1/3 in Cover-3.

I think the safety class is a lot suspect other than Barron and Iloka. If you want one of them you better be ready to take them in top 40 or so. The only thing with Barron is injury issues. He's going to have to stay healthy considering his extremely physical style of play.

barron looks to me like a new york jet or patriot late in round 1...double hernia surgery imo just drops what to me is a borderline top 20 guy right into their laps...there's a lot of buzz about new england being very high on him

ckparrothead
02-23-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't know if the Patriots would draft Barron considering the presence of Pat Chung. They need a safety, but they need an Iloka or Martin more so than a Barron.

hooshoops
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't know if the Patriots would draft Barron considering the presence of Pat Chung. They need a safety, but they need an Iloka or Martin more so than a Barron.

yeah chungs the one thing that holds me back on barron being legit target for the pats...but the jets to me seem like an ideal scenario

ckparrothead
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I doubt Mark Barron is going in the 1st round at all, to be honest.

hooshoops
02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I doubt Mark Barron is going in the 1st round at all, to be honest.

is that a injury thing or you just not thinking he has a 1st round grade???

ckparrothead
02-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Both.