PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Paul conspire!

Spesh
02-23-2012, 11:29 AM
To discredit Rick Santorum in last nights debate. At least, thats what Santorum is suggesting....

Have Ron Paul and Mitt Romney made some kind of secret alliance to boost Romney to the nomination? Rick Santorum is starting to think so.
After months on the campaign trail, Paul has largely chosen to focus his attacks on candidates not named Mitt Romney, most recently going after Santorum, the latest candidate to pose a challenge to Romney's candidacy. The idea that Ron Paul would spare Romney--while attacking candidates with arguably stronger conservative records than the former Massachusetts governor--has Santorum wondering.

"You'll have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they've got going together," Santorum told reporters after the Republican presidential debate in Mesa, Arizona on Wednesday. "Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks."

The idea might not be so far fetched. The Washington Post earlier this month reported that the Romney and Paul camps--as different as they are--have forged a behind-the-scenes alliance. "Romney's aides are 'quietly in touch with Ron Paul,' according to a Republican adviser who is in contact with the Romney campaign," the Post's Amy Gardner reported. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-paul-and-romney-a-strategic-alliance-between-outsider-and-establishment/2012/01/20/gIQAf8foiQ_story.html)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-suggests-romney-paul-conspiring-against-him-050628974.html

My take: There attacks look alike because you go out of your way to look insane, so why not, you know, mention it?

Someone else will have to follow up on this story, im to busy waiting for Satan to attack America.

Dolphins9954
02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
gygR3jJcpWs

Satan is the only one that seems to understand.

Locke
02-23-2012, 12:48 PM
To discredit Rick Santorum in last nights debate. At least, thats what Santorum is suggesting....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-suggests-romney-paul-conspiring-against-him-050628974.html

My take: There attacks look alike because you go out of your way to look insane, so why not, you know, mention it?

Someone else will have to follow up on this story, im to busy waiting for Satan to attack America.

Damn, guess Santorum doesn't want to get kicked off the island yet. Stupid secret alliances...

WSE
02-23-2012, 01:16 PM
a lot of this election has been Romney vs. the other guy (anti Romney). Was Perry for a little, Newt for a while, and now Santorum

Maybe Paul wants to be that guy, and Santorum falling in the polls is the way to do that. I dont know if I agree, but it would not be a far fetched suggestion.

LouPhinFan
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe Santorum should start looking around for the hidden immunity idol. It might be the only thing that can save him...

Locke
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Maybe Santorum should start looking around for the hidden immunity idol. It might be the only thing that can save him...

Glad someone knew what I was referencing...

LouPhinFan
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Glad someone knew what I was referencing...

Love Survivor! It's still the best reality TV as far as I'm concerned. My wife and I watch it every season.

Valandui
02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
gygR3jJcpWs

Satan is the only one that seems to understand.
I love CAKE.

Locke
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
I love CAKE.

Fatty...