PDA

View Full Version : entire draft for RGIII

normaniii
02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
To trade up to no.2 spot, we would have to:

a)trade entire draft and possibly a 2013 no.2, or
b)1st & 2nd + 1st pick 2013

since there is going to be a possible bidding war it may take even more.

Would you be happy with this to get the future franchise QB.

In my mind I would.

If Andrew Luck, is the best possible prospect since Manning, and Griffin is just short of him (with the potentially higher ceiling), I would pull the plug.

hooshoops
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
i would pull the plug too if we did that...on myself

finsfanjay13
02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd become a Jets fan if that happened (not really, I'd kill myself first).

normaniii
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
In NFL they consider a good draft to produce 3 productive players. Thats a good draft. Most produce about 2.

Do I want then 2/3 potential starters or a possibly Top 5 QB?

Give me the QB!

Once u get the QB, for the next 10-15 yrs, you do not have to consider trading picks to 'reach' in a draft for a potential QB.

Get the QB and then you can draft BPA thereafter

SF Dolphin Fan
02-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I think Miami has to consider that possibility. Honestly, I think it will take two #1's and a #2 to get Robert Griffin III and I'd definitely do that. But if I'm the Dolphins I look at all possibilities. Are there any veteran qb's out there that teams might be willing to part with for a similar haul? How much of a gap is there between Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill/Brandon Weeden. Those are question I really can't answer as a fan, but the powers that be for Miami must answer those. If Ireland and company think Tannehill and Weeden can become franchise qb's then why not go that route. If they feel Griffin is the guy then make the move and trade up. I really also think, though, that the Dolphins need to establish their top price and stay with that because Griffin is unproven and you just never know.

Thumper1016
02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
NO I wouldnt want to give up the entire draft for one player.

Valandui
02-23-2012, 02:47 PM
NO I wouldnt want to give up the entire draft for one player.
I'd do it for Luck. No way in Hell for Pat White 2.0.

WelcomeBack
02-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Can RG3 play FS, rush the passer and OL too?

DKphin
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM

In my mind I would.

If Andrew Luck, is the best possible prospect since Manning, and Griffin is just short of him (with the potentially higher ceiling), I would pull the plug.Was this not tried before by Ditka for RW and that worked out so well.:bobdole:

Roman529
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think you would have to give up your entire draft to move up from #8/9 to #2, but we would have to give up most of our top picks.....I wouldn't do it for RG3.....we have too many other needs.

tylerdolphin
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM

In my mind I would.

If Andrew Luck, is the best possible prospect since Manning, and Griffin is just short of him (with the potentially higher ceiling), I would pull the plug.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/9aoltj-1.gif

WelcomeBack
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd do it for Luck. No way in Hell for Pat White 2.0.

C'mon Valandui, you know that everyone will just say you're making that assumption cause they're both black. :up:

Never mind all the issues RG3 DOES have with his game that so many are so blind to.

Valandui
02-23-2012, 06:36 PM
C'mon Valandui, you know that everyone will just say you're making that assumption cause they're both black. :up:

Never mind all the issues RG3 DOES have with his game that so many are so blind to.
To be honest, I don't really think he'll be Pat White bad. I'm more just trying to make a point with all of the people comparing him to Cam Newton or saying he has more upside.

Miamifin23
02-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Pull it without thinking... We are starving for a stud at the position.. If we miss on manning then I wouldn't think twice

WelcomeBack
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
To be honest, I don't really think he'll be Pat White bad. I'm more just trying to make a point with all of the people comparing him to Cam Newton or saying he has more upside.

I feel Cam Newton was a more polished passer at this point last year. The only thing I worried about Cam as a passer was his feet, he got that settled and played very well and will continue to get better.

I have more questions than that with RG3.

normaniii
02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
RGIII now, compared to Cam Newton this time last year is a far better prospect.

Easy with hindsight to say now, but I would be more impressed if you could pull up historic posts of where you said anything similar.

If we do fill roster spots at RT & DE, will Matt Moore, Matt Flynn or Ryan Tannehill be able to take us to SB?

Valandui
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Easy with hindsight to say now, but I would be more impressed if you could pull up historic posts of where you said anything similar.

If we do fill roster spots at RT & DE, will Matt Moore, Matt Flynn or Ryan Tannehill be able to take us to SB?
If we're talking in terms of being more overhyped, then yes, I would agree. However, Cam Newton the prospect was significantly better in every category outside of intelligence, which may not be as big of a factor as everyone thinks. Ben Rapistberger is borderline retarded and he won two Super Bowls.

WelcomeBack
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM

There were very few people pimping Cam Newton on this board a year ago and I had many conversations with TedSlimmJr. telling him how much I liked Newton as a prospect. The things that Cam Newton possessed as a prospect in terms of a passer are far and away better than what RG3 has now.

WelcomeBack
02-23-2012, 08:54 PM
If we're talking in terms of being more overhyped, then yes, I would agree. However, Cam Newton the prospect was significantly better in every category outside of intelligence, which may not be as big of a factor as everyone thinks. Ben Rapistberger is borderline retarded and he won two Super Bowls.

Dan Marino - 16 on the Wonderlic.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 50 on the Wonderlic

KingDolphin57
02-23-2012, 09:32 PM
RG3 all the way. Trade up.

The Confessor
02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't give up 1/2 of what you are proposing!!!

He is just short of Andrew Luck but his ceiling is potentially higher???? Really?

Honest question. Have you even seen the guy play?????

rrrrphin
02-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I saw rgIII play 2x
Tannehill whooped him the first time
He looked very athletic in the bowl game victory, but not worthy of multiple first round picks

stickystu
02-24-2012, 01:39 AM
RG3 seems to be the real deal, not pat white 2.0.If he really plays up to his potential he could be a mike vick 2.0. The dude has a cannon, and is accurate. Still though with that being said I dont think we are a solid enough team to not draft anyone else, we would have to make some serious FA moves. Doubt that happens. Dont think we have much of a chance to land him.

Clipse
02-24-2012, 02:45 AM
Dear God no. And there's no just short of or potentially higher ceiling than Luck about this. The ****? And I'd say it's quite ridiculous to think it would cost an entire draft to go from 8 or 9 to 2.

Valandui
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
RG3 seems to be the real deal, not pat white 2.0.If he really plays up to his potential he could be a mike vick 2.0. The dude has a cannon, and is accurate. Still though with that being said I dont think we are a solid enough team to not draft anyone else, we would have to make some serious FA moves. Doubt that happens. Dont think we have much of a chance to land him.
He has nowhere close to Vick's elusiveness now, let alone when Vick was coming out as a prospect.

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
He has nowhere close to Vick's elusiveness now, let alone when Vick was coming out as a prospect.

Yeah, actually he and Vick have absolutely NOTHING in common unless you are a bigot.

On the run, he reminds me much much more of VY actually. Same quick burst, same lanky type of stride. A little elusive....but that is obviously where the similarities end...unless, once again, you are a biggot

He is much smarter than either Vick, Or Young...or 80% of the other kids playing QB.
He does have a better arm than Vince Young, but I think he still needs quite a bit of work on his motion.
He has never seen anything even remotely resembling the offensive set he would see in the Pro's...or defensive for that matter.

Those that think he is instantly going to come in and make a team better have either never seen him play, or have no idea what they are looking at.

The more I think about it, he very likely could still be there at 8 when we pick...and just as likely still at 9 after we pick.

steviecg2
02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Giving up the entire draft for a QB is acceptable, in my opinion. We do have a lot of holes to fill but some are acting like this will be the last draft ever. If the team has to suffer a year to have an elite QB for the next fifteen so be it.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r15u2k

MadDog 88
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
There is a 1200 point difference between pick 2 and pick 8 on the draft value chart. It would require next years first and possibly a second. To high a price to pay. Depending on what happens with Manning and Flynn in Free Agency, RGIII could fall several spots.

ticophin
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
How long has it been since we were close to appearing in the big show?? How long has it been since we picked up a QB (most important position on the field) in the top 20s?? Anybody see a patern there??? Prices are set, cost of points are set. We have to gamble someday...If we keep neglecting the QB position, we will ALL DIE WITHOUT A RING!!