PDA

View Full Version : my new guy in the first

sinPHIN
02-24-2012, 12:18 AM
my new guy is Luke Kuechly MLB out of boston college. the guy is a monster. i know 8 or 9 might be a little high, but i just dont think we could miss if we picked him up. we need playmakers but if one doesnt drop to us, this is my guy. he had 191 tackles last year wtf, reminds me of my hero zt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSfQWM0f3Y

Kdawg954
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Yea 8 is too rich for my blood but he is a good player, but no doubt in my mind he's a bit of a reach at 8. If we are going 4-3, I'd look Sean Spence in round 3. He reminds me more of Zach Thomas then Luke Kuechly does (size wise).

We would have a hell of a LB trio with Kuechly tho.

DKphin
02-24-2012, 10:40 AM
It has definitely been rattling around in my head. Move Dansby to SOLB, Burnett to WOLB, and have him patrolling the middle. We are probably not going to get RGIII and Blackmon will most likely be gone and I am leaning toward Upshaw, but I think Kuechly would not be a bad selection. I do not agree with the pick being to high to take him. If he is the guy you want and you know he will not be there in the second, you pull the trigger.

Kdawg954
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
It has definitely been rattling around in my head. Move Dansby to SOLB, Burnett to WOLB, and have him patrolling the middle. We are probably not going to get RGIII and Blackmon will most likely be gone and I am leaning toward Upshaw, but I think Kuechly would not be a bad selection. I do not agree with the pick being to high to take him. If he is the guy you want and you know he will not be there in the second, you pull the trigger.

Yep, I definitely see scenarios where Kuechly would probably be the best pick, but I get nervous thinking about not upgrading that pass rush, or atleast going after a Claiborne to give our current pass rushers more time.

Hard to pass up on Upshaw or Coples.

DKphin
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Yep, I definitely see scenarios where Kuechly would probably be the best pick, but I get nervous thinking about not upgrading that pass rush, or atleast going after a Claiborne to give our current pass rushers more time.

Hard to pass up on Upshaw or Coples.As I stated, I am leaning toward Upshaw. But Kuechly has been in the back of my mind. I would not be disappointed if we took him. I maybe in the minority, but I think Coples is going to be a workout warrior at the combine and not be the player everyone expects when he gets to the Pros. JMHO.

mnphinfan
02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Kuechly's instincts and vision are what make him so great. He seems to know right where the play is going as soon as or even before the ball is snapped. That is what reminds me of ZT. I have no doubt if we picked him at 8 that barring injury he would man the middle of our defense for the next 10 years. For me he is a much safer pick than Coples and even has more upside because you know he will produce each and every game. I would be happy with him or Upshaw at 8. However, I'm still hoping that Blackmon slips to us.

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
The 8th selection is not too high for Luke. Kid is damn good and well deserved of a high pick IMO.

PolitePolite
02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Kuechly is who I want if Blackmon/Kirkpatrick don't fall to our pick. 191 tackles is insane. Draft Best available T/TE in the 2rd/3rd round, upgrade pass rush in free agency.

kcbrown
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm impressed. I would love for us to take this guy. Solid midwest background, played in the cold for a few years, he has a solid frame, no injury history (at least publicly), he's smart, humble. I don't know Philbin well but this kid reminds me of a kid that Shula and/or a Philbin type coach would want. Dollar for dollar I don't see how this could be a miss - you have a stud LB for the next 10 years. This kid is a tackling machine - Zach Thomas 2.0.

Get Manning/Flynn, grab a free agent lineman, Luke, and some DL & DB depth and we are very competitive as I don't think we'll be in a good position to grab one of the top 3 TE's.

I would hate to see this guy go to the Patriots or Jets.

Tunaphish429
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
No thanks..A MLB in the first round? We have 2 very high paid ones right now..

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Sorry, 8th IS too high for this kid.

IF we were to trade back about 6 spots and still pick him up while picking up another 2nd or 2 more picks, then we're talking.

Don't be completely surprised, depending on who we do pick with the 8/9 pick, to see us go after somebody like maybe hightower in the 2nd or even Acho in the 3rd...although, I am personally not that high on Acho.

hooshoops
02-24-2012, 02:30 PM
ewwww...acho is garbage

Drubatuba
02-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Everyone is so hi on this guy because of how many tackles he had. But what people don't realize is that most of those tackles are 5-8 yards down field. Don't get me wrong it's still a feat but he doesn't make many plays in the trenches where it matters the most. And he adds nothing to the pass rush.

MadDog 88
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM
8 s not to high for him. He has a non stop motor, tremendous work ethic and incredible instincts. If the QB option does not revolve around this pick Kuechly is my choice.

dougb123
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I to think it would be hard to pass on Upshaw or Coples but I like everything being said about Luke Kuechly