PDA

View Full Version : RGIII important stats? 6'2" 3/8 and 223 lbs @ the combine

Kdawg954
02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
So much for being too small for an NFL QB.

I think this guy is going to make believers out of alot of people after this weekend. Unfortunately his chances of becomming a Dolphin are slim and none and slim is starting to walk off.

hooshoops
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
bodys better than i expected but how many gallons of water did he guzzle down to get in at 223 lbs...the height though definitely better than i expected...still wouldn't trade up for him...but thats just me

Emanauguste
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I just wish everyone who thinks they're annalist on this site would just quit lol I watched a video with him seated next to Dan Marino b4 Dan the man called him tiny... Well he looked bigger then Dan do let see what the rest of this weekend has for us

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
bodys better than i expected but how many gallons of water did he guzzle down to get in at 223 lbs...the height though definitely better than i expected...still wouldn't trade up for him...but thats just me

You're not alone. If he's fully 6'2" now that the measurement says so, why does he consistently move out of pocket when it's unnecessary to do so?

hooshoops
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I just wish everyone who thinks they're annalist on this site would just quit lol I watched a video with him seated next to Dan Marino b4 Dan the man called him tiny... Well he looked bigger then Dan do let see what the rest of this weekend has for us

:chuckle:

tylerdolphin
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
I just wish everyone who thinks they're annalist on this site would just quit lol

Is that kinda like:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/TobiasFunkeAnalrapist-1.jpg

Daytona Fin
02-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Is that kinda like:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/TobiasFunkeAnalrapist-1.jpg
to-bi-as= double deuce azz funke=funky

hooshoops
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
if rg3 is late to the starting block for his 40 we'll know why...he should invest in a catheter to help him get rid of that water weight between now and then...

MadDog 88
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
I like RGIII but only if he falls to 8. If someone ponies up 2 first rounders for him they are insane.

LANGER72
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree with Maddog. He is not worth more than a single pick.
If he falls to #8, take him, or Tannehill, or Richardson, or Blackmon.

Austin Tatious
02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, he is bigger than I thought. I think the kid is going to be good. I don't see great risk, frankly. I think he is a bright guy and will learn not to take punishment. I think Philbie, Sherman, and Taylor can do great work with him.

I'd trade a 2012 1 and 2, a 2013 1 for him. Nothing more than that, because that's quite a haul as it is.

I have more reservations about everyone else so I would pony up. Short term hits in draft picks, but then you get Griff for a decade with good coaching around him.

houtz
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM
No one knows what he's worth. So stop acting as tho we do.

He could be one of the greatest QBs in NFL history. He could also be a huge bust. Now that his height isn't a problem people will find other reasons to hate on him.

I love mediocrity like most of you obviously do, but if we miss out on Manning and Flynn gets franchised, what would you do then? Roll with Matt Moore? If that's your answer I laugh at you. RG3 is hands down the second best QB in the draft. He's the smartest QB to come out in years. He doesn't fail so what makes everyone think he will?

MadDog 88
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
No one knows what he's worth. So stop acting as tho we do.

He could be one of the greatest QBs in NFL history. He could also be a huge bust. Now that his height isn't a problem people will find other reasons to hate on him.

I love mediocrity like most of you obviously do, but if we miss out on Manning and Flynn gets franchised, what would you do then? Roll with Matt Moore? If that's your answer I laugh at you. RG3 is hands down the second best QB in the draft. He's the smartest QB to come out in years. He doesn't fail so what makes everyone think he will?If its a sign and trade 3d I would take Flynn. If not, then I either go with Moore and Tannehill or Weeden. For the Phins to jump to 2 it will take 2 first rounders.

Valandui
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Dan's 6'4". Nice try, though.

Valandui
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that he doesn't play to his size at all, though.

Wishfishin
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
You're not alone. If he's fully 6'2" now that the measurement says so, why does he consistently move out of pocket when it's unnecessary to do so?

Because he can...

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Because he can...

He might not be able to in the NFL. Much faster game than the Big 12.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
He might not be able to in the NFL. Much faster game than the Big 12.

I guess RGIII having sprinters speed means little?:crazy:

Funky Fin
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I really hope the Dolphins don't start drinking the RG3 kool-aid.

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM

He hopes to run around 4.4 - 4.5.

There are quite a few players that run in that range.

Wishfishin
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
He's as good in the pocket as anyone in the draft.

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
He's as good in the pocket as anyone in the draft.

I've yet to see the evidence of that.

Travis34
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Wow, he is bigger than I thought. I think the kid is going to be good. I don't see great risk, frankly. I think he is a bright guy and will learn not to take punishment. I think Philbie, Sherman, and Taylor can do great work with him.

I'd trade a 2012 1 and 2, a 2013 1 for him. Nothing more than that, because that's quite a haul as it is.

I have more reservations about everyone else so I would pony up. Short term hits in draft picks, but then you get Griff for a decade with good coaching around him.

I concur. He's not as a little as everyone says, and he's a smart guy and at the college level he did pass before run. I don't see why an intelligent fellow like him wouldn't learn to just stay in the pocket most of the time and make throws? Make a play with he elusiveness and speed once and while. But why can't he succeed?

I think the two 1sts is legit. Maybe throw some mid to late round picks in too, now or future ones..

BIG_FISH_RI
02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Not sure you have been watching the right kid then.
Dont be fooled by the fact that he lines up in shotgun every play.
the kid is not your typical "athletic" QB
he looks to pass 1st then run.
Much like Vick from the past 2 years.

DolfanDuBbZ~
02-24-2012, 05:50 PM

THen I suggest you go back and watch his games. He's a pass first QB.

Wishfishin
02-24-2012, 07:03 PM

You must not be watching enough film. Look, I'm not all for him, but I'm not against him either. He's a talented QB.

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 07:36 PM
THen I suggest you go back and watch his games. He's a pass first QB.

I suggest you read the original quote that said "he's as good in the pocket as anyone in the draft".

As good would mean he's equal to or better than every quarterback in the draft in the pocket and that is not true.

WelcomeBack
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
You must not be watching enough film. Look, I'm not all for him, but I'm not against him either. He's a talented QB.

I've seen enough of him to know that, in the pocket, he is not as good as certain quarterbacks on this draft. His stance and decision to bail on the pocket after he loses his first read says otherwise.

CallMeDaddy
02-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Honestly Ross and Ireland can pick any of RGIII, Manning, Tannehilll, and Flynn and I'll be happy going into this season. I'd be content going with Weeden or Moore this season but would much rather upgrade this year.

I don't care if they trade up 2 first rounders for RGIII as long as they don't trade Long or Marshall. I don't care if they trade back for Tannehill as long as they're sure he'll be there when they pick.

MiamiDolfan85
02-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Honestly Ross and Ireland can pick any of RGIII, Manning, Tannehilll, and Flynn and I'll be happy going into this season. I'd be content going with Weeden or Moore this season but would much rather upgrade this year.

I don't care if they trade up 2 first rounders for RGIII as long as they don't trade Long or Marshall. I don't care if they trade back for Tannehill as long as they're sure he'll be there when they pick.pretty much how I feel.....I just want us to do something definite at QB for a change.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 12:14 AM

cus he can run like a ***** and still pull up and hit his man 5o yards downfield. He scares.

Vertical Limit
02-25-2012, 01:11 PM
I suggest you read the original quote that said "he's as good in the pocket as anyone in the draft".

As good would mean he's equal to or better than every quarterback in the draft in the pocket and that is not true.
Um that is TRUE. You need to go back and watch games.

WelcomeBack
02-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Um that is TRUE. You need to go back and watch games.

Go watch all games. You can honestly tell me that, in the pocket, Robert Griffin III is as good as EVERY quarterback in the draft?

His pocket awareness, technique, footwork and ability to read through progressions is as good or better than every single quarterback in the draft?

That assessment is ridiculous.

WVDolphan
02-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Let me know how well he throws at the combine. He is trying out for QB correct?

WelcomeBack
02-26-2012, 10:07 AM

I heard he isn't throwing.

ChrisHanson
02-27-2012, 09:14 AM

Olympic, world class sub 4.4 40 speed. lol

I LOL at all those who claimed they "knew" RG3 would measure in at around 6'. They said he was "small"...etc etc. The guy is as big as Rodgers and the last time I checked Rodgers runs around...Even if RG3 did drink a gallon of water that's 8 pounds and still puts him at 215...he's 22 years old. He's still growing. When he stops training like an olympic sprinter, and after the NFL trainers get ahold of him, I bet he hits 230 or more.

ChrisHanson
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM

He's not throwing. Like the majority of top 5-10 QB's in this game he will have a pro day where he'll throw. Pretty typical.