PDA

View Full Version : Honor Student Falls in love with undercover Cop, gets arrested in Drug Sting

rob19
02-24-2012, 03:02 PM
During an undercover marijuana sting at a South Florida school, a teenage boy began to fall for someone he thought was just another teenage girl.

But the boy's crush turned out to be an undercover police officer, who would later have him arrested for selling her marijuana she asked him to obtain for her.

The story featured on "This American Life" on Feb. 10 led listeners through the secret operation that involved 18-year-old Justin Laboy (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/457/what-i-did-for-love?act=2), an honor student at Park Vista Community High School in Palm Beach, Fla., and a 25-year-old woman posing as a high school senior.

Now, Laboy is is enduring the consequences of his actions, including a felony charge that bars him from joining the military, something he wanted to do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/teen-falls-in-love-undercover-cop-marijuana-operation_n_1291823.html

Our tax dollars being put to good use.

Valandui
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
That's kind of ****ed up.

Bumpus
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Can you say - entrapment!

rob19
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
That's kind of ****ed up.

Gotta fight the Drug-War! One Pot smokin honor student at a time! You some kinda nancy-boy??

Valandui
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I feel like they should show the cop.

Tunaphish429
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Felony drug charge? How much pot did he get for her? Its different in each state of course..I am not nessasarily for legal marajuana but this just plain dumb...The stolen electronics thing is just plain dumb too..do they tell someone that its stolen? What a waste of money..but this is how these police officers keep their job..They need ppl to pay fines and pay for probation. So next time these hacks ask you to donate to their union tell them to **** off and arrest real criminals not ppl looking to by a ****ing Iphone for god sakes.

Noodle Arm
02-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Undercover cops infiltrating high schools to arrest druggies? Holy ****! It's real!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/21jumpstreet-1.jpg

NY8123
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
This why you make her put out before you buy drugs for her.

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Wait, what?

He's an honor student, but his dream was to join the Military?

Sure, makes sense to me I guess..... Huffington post at its best. Pretty sure I read this same article in Readers Digest about 5 years ago.

cbreeden
02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
...He's an honor student, but his dream was to join the Military?

Not sure exactly what you meant by this but keep in mind the Services are an all-volunteer (read recruited) force and men and women from ALL walks of life join their ranks. It's not just the "dumb" ones or criminals in lieu of jail time. but college grads, honor students and even professional athletes have defended the Constitution.

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one who feels safer knowing they got that guy off the streets?

PhinzN703
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Selling pot isn't legal so I have no prob with the douche getting arrested b/c of it. Felony? Not so much. Fine his *** and be done with it

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Selling pot isn't legal so I have no prob with the douche getting arrested b/c of it. Felony? Not so much. Fine his *** and be done with it

****ing up some kid thats literally no harm to society seems like a perfectly reasonable action here.

I mean seriously though, who in their life hasnt ever gotten alcohol underage or weed for a girl though? Doesnt make the guy a douche, just a little whipped. But who was never whipped and did things like that for girls at that age?

rob19
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM

No idea how someone who's such a Big Lebowski fan is being so un-dude.

nyjunc
02-27-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/imagesqtbnANd9GcTVfZCPpLErlmphWCgcy1GjJ8-1.jpg

rob19
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM
What a waste of money..but this is how these police officers keep their job..They need ppl to pay fines and pay for probation. So next time these hacks ask you to donate to their union tell them to **** off and arrest real criminals not ppl looking to by a ****ing Iphone for god sakes.

This is my main problem with the whole thing. Yes, that activity might be technically illegal currently in this part of the country, but you're targeting the least harmful type of criminals. It's like setting up an expensive sting operation for Jay-Walkers.

Locke
02-27-2012, 02:44 PM
This is my main problem with the whole thing. Yes, that activity might be technically illegal currently in this part of the country, but you're targeting the least harmful type of criminals. It's like setting up an expensive sting operation for Jay-Walkers.

I can't stand jay walkers. Here in Albuquerque, I don't think anyone has been cited for it since like 1964. Due to that, driving through the streets is like a perpetual game of frogger. There is always some damn lady pushing a stroller and being followed by her 5 kids darting across a road with oncoming traffic barreling towards them at 40 mph. At least once a week, there's a hit and run or pedestrian injury or something due to them randomly running across in front of you...

rob19
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I can't stand jay walkers. Here in Albuquerque, I don't think anyone has been cited for it since like 1964. Due to that, driving through the streets is like a perpetual game of frogger. There is always some damn lady pushing a stroller and being followed by her 5 kids darting across a road with oncoming traffic barreling towards them at 40 mph. At least once a week, there's a hit and run or pedestrian injury or something due to them randomly running across in front of you...

They should get a really hot undercover cop to coerce people to jay-walk with her and then BAM! Hit 'em with a felony. It'll solve jay-walking forever.

Bumpus
02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
They should get a really hot undercover cop to coerce people to jay-walk with her and then BAM! Hit 'em with a felony. It'll solve jay-walking forever.

:lol:

... More fun to just install a cow catcher on the front of one's truck & then ...

Myles Fynch
02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Am I the only one who feels safer knowing they got that guy off the streets?

lol. I just want to know why entrapment is apparently protected by the courts. Maybe for terrorism, but the rest of the time I've never understood why it's legal to throw something in someone's face and then go HAM that they were tempted by it. I would have followed a hot chick off a cliff at his age. If I lived there I'd want to know who appointed the person who signed off on this investigation, and they'd pay for it at the polls.

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't sell but if a hot girl wants some pot I'm gonna get it for her lol

Myles Fynch
02-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats Rob19 on the promotion since you're in this thread.

:up: