PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin 3rd Press Conference at Combine : I am impressed after watching it.

electrolyte
02-24-2012, 09:42 PM
http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/videos/Robert-RG3-Griffin-III-Press-Conference/e2b397d2-ce20-4b16-9ffa-29de497c74bc

Video up there. Click on it.

My thoughts? He's a good kid. The way he speaks english, pronunciation of words, etc.. is a sign of a well spoken, intelligent young man. Good, calm sense of humor. He certainly does not want to be known as a "run first, pass second" QB.

Also, it shows that he was insulted that people thought he lied about his height, and that people question the play calls when he was at Baylor. He showed he didn't like it, but was classy and laughed it off with an intelligent remark. He's hungry with a chip on his shoulder.

I am impressed. I think he's going to be good in the NFL. In fact, I am going to be watching everything RG3 at the combine now because I am close to start clamoring for the Fins to trade up for him. Yeah, it sucks we lost out on Andrew Luck, but RG3 seems like the real deal.

MP-Omnis
02-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Poli Sci major though. Hope he stays in Football, lol.

crossfit93
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I would trade this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 2nd for the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft to get griffin.

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I would trade this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 2nd for the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft to get griffin.

I am very very very very grateful you are not in charge of personnel decisions for the Miami Dolphins!

ahmilli
02-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Whoever Philbin gets, I trust in him :D

Noodleman
02-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I am very very very very grateful you are not in charge of personnel decisions for the Miami Dolphins!
Lol why you say that? Chances are that is less than what it will take to move up to 2nd. My guess is it would take this years first and 2nd plus next years first at a minimum. I am glad YOU are not the gm otherwise we would draft pat white again or maybe henne.

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Lol why you say that? Chances are that is less than what it will take to move up to 2nd. My guess is it would take this years first and 2nd plus next years first at a minimum. I am glad YOU are not the gm otherwise we would draft pat white again or maybe henne.

Well, actually NO.

I was never for drafting Pat White or Chad Henne. I like Henne his Junior year, but he has been nothing but downhill ever since.

Honestly, where in the world do you get Pat White and Chad Henne because I don't think RGIII is worthy of trading away 2 complete drafts for?

Interesting actually. You don't endorse Pat White, but you like RGIII? Have you watched the kid play? Were you high on drafting Vince Young???? Matt Leinart??? Just curious.

Noodleman
02-24-2012, 11:33 PM
RG3 is nothing like pat white, young, or leinart. My point is that Miami has always taken the safe route in the draft and it hasnt worked. Look it what the giants gave up to get eli how did that work for them? RG3 has the POTENTIAL to be an amazing qb.....sometimes to get the best reward you have to take the greatest risk. MY point is you suggesting RG3 is not worth that...that is your opinion. YOu dont need to criticize a dude cause he thinks miami should take a risk. Lastly, if you compare RG3 to any of the qbs you mentioned then it is YOU who has never watched him play.

electrolyte
02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
If we don't start taking chances, we will continue with this 2nd round bargain bin QB garbage.

The Giants traded their draft picks away to grab Eli Manning. Two Super Bowl MVP's later, go and ask them if they made the right decision.

The Confessor
02-24-2012, 11:36 PM
RG3 is nothing like pat white, young, or leinart. My point is that Miami has always taken the safe route in the draft and it hasnt worked. Look it what the giants gave up to get eli how did that work for them? RG3 has the POTENTIAL to be an amazing qb.....sometimes to get the best reward you have to take the greatest risk. MY point is you suggesting RG3 is not worth that...that is your opinion. YOu dont need to criticize a dude cause he thinks miami should take a risk. Lastly, if you compare RG3 to any of the qbs you mentioned then it is YOU who has never watched him play.

Well no. But the latter two were indeed "Cant Miss Instant Franchise QB's.

Actually the running style of RGIII is VERY close to VY. He has a stronger arm and a better motion, and of course he's freakin Einstein compared to Young, but the rest is what it is. Lots of development. Didn't face top defenses this entire season, and he never ran out of the ProSet.

Actually, I watched 8 of their games this season in their entirety. No way No how would I trade away 2 drafts for him....no way....no how.

finfan54
02-24-2012, 11:49 PM
If we don't start taking chances, we will continue with this 2nd round bargain bin QB garbage.

The Giants traded their draft picks away to grab Eli Manning. Two Super Bowl MVP's later, go and ask them if they made the right decision.

im tired of talking, i want to talk about something real.....rg3!!

dude is smart, fast, can throw the rock, is very much a good character. I just do not get what people do not see. Whatever he could possibly lack, he would make up with his brains and athleticism.

crossfit93
02-24-2012, 11:50 PM

Actually the running style of RGIII is VERY close to VY. He has a stronger arm and a better motion, and of course he's freakin Einstein compared to Young, but the rest is what it is. Lots of development. Didn't face top defenses this entire season, and he never ran out of the ProSet.

Actually, I watched 8 of their games this season in their entirety. No way No how would I trade away 2 drafts for him....no way....no how.

Soooooo what would your idea be then to fix the qb postion? RgIII is young and smart and does alot of great things. Your right though there's that cant miss right tackle sitting right there for us.

finfan54
02-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I would offer this years 1 and 2 and next years 1 and 3. think about it. Free agency fills holes. Thats all we have is a few holes. The defense could use upgrades but so could the entire NFL. duh.

got to get the offense to be scary. defense will find its guys to make it happen.

finfan54
02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
have you seen pittsburghs cap hell? lol it aint so bad man. get your man! fill the seats. have some fun. be entertained instead of having to listen to yourself biotch and moan all day.

SR 7
02-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Leinart was NOT a can't miss franchise QB neither was Young.

Leinart dropped because everyone knew he couldn't make all the throws and his arm was beyond weak.

Young was known as a run first pass 2nd QB and a QB that had to refine a lot of his tools. His passing in his SR year got better as he progressed game by game but his mental stand point was sadly shot and the difference between him and say RG3 is that he didn't' have RG3's accuracy, speed, and definitely RG3 never had 32 rush attempts in a game that was drawn up at least on half of them.

A can't miss prospect would be a guy like lets say Luck, Manning, even Bradford was a bigger can't miss prospect than Young or Leinart were. Stafford was as well but for me the question mark was around his ability to force throws due to his insane arm strength.

RG3 "somewhat" fits the bill because his throwing accuracy down the field is one of the best I have ever seen coming out of college, his leadership skills, his character, his IQ level etc are all top notch. Were he white and didn't' have world class speed he would be 1B to Luck being 1A but people question him to the point where he is the 2nd best QB prospect possibly but they leave a massive gap between the two as if there were 2 other players before RG3. Locker went top 12 and he was a QB that ran well but was also a "pocket" passer that had horrendous accuracy and stupid decision making. I didn't' like him for craps but yet some found him to be a good QB. Yet RG3, a QB with good accuracy and better speed and QB IQ in my opinion isn't a top 10 pick? Thats absurd and to be honest, no one should listen to a word anyone on this forum says, heck including me if you want to take it that way because last year everyone in the universe of Finheaven claimed Newton would be a bust but me and CK. So someone here saying RG3 will be a mess as well doesn't mean much but someone like me saying he won't doesn't mean much either but i do hold my ability to analyze a player, CKs, Boomers, etc much higher than most others.

I think RG3 is a better prospect than Vick was because they both have tremendous speed but RG3 passing compared to Vick is light years ahead the problem with RG3 is the conference he plays in compared to Vick coming out.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 12:17 AM

thats right!!! no more of this mammby pamby bullship!!!! were going balls to the walls!!!!! no more bitchin! no more excuses! just do it and fill the holes and have some friggin fun for once!

Roman529
02-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Poli Sci major though. Hope he stays in Football, lol.

Most people who want to go to law school (like RG3) major in Poli Sci more than any other pre-law degree. He sounds like a good kid and I think he had a 3.7 GPA at Baylor, which is a good school academically.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 12:39 AM
screw it. goin golfin!!!!-mike ditka (wearing dread wig)

sinPHIN
02-25-2012, 12:54 AM
im surprised its taking some people this long to realize this guy is legit. he is a very smart person. he isnt like vick who cant have an intelegent conversation. and he is legit on the field. the guy is going to be a very good pro. hope we do what it takes to land him

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Most people who want to go to law school (like RG3) major in Poli Sci more than any other pre-law degree. He sounds like a good kid and I think he had a 3.7 GPA at Baylor, which is a good school academically.
not to mention he graduated early, and was a full time athlete

fakespike
02-25-2012, 04:38 AM
im warming to the idea of Griffin. check out his moves on this play (starting at 0:12). when i read somewhere a while back that he
had 4.55 speed, i was unimpressed, but on film he looks fast! we'll see what time he puts up this weekend at the combine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHBBn9LcnwE&feature=related

sinPHIN
02-25-2012, 04:42 AM
im warming to the idea of Griffin. check out his moves on this play (starting at 0:12). when i read somewhere a while back that he
had 4.55 speed, i was unimpressed, but on film he looks fast! we'll see what time he puts up this weekend at the combine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHBBn9LcnwE&feature=related
i heard they expect 4.4 or lower at the combine

fakespike
02-25-2012, 04:50 AM
i heard they expect 4.4 or lower at the combine

wow.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 11:05 AM
eeek. couple of ducks there.albeit to the receiver. their is his weakness probly. sometimes no spiral.

#1dolphinsfan
02-25-2012, 01:31 PM
I would love it if we could trade up and get him

broccoli rob
02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Would love for us to trade up and grab RG3.

On another note, did anyone watch the Tannehill press conference on the same page?

Madon'! Get the marbles out of your mouth, kid.

He had to be told to speak into the mic and immediately followed that up by calling Mike Sherman "coach Herman".

Coach Herman? :lol:

RG3 is bright, funny.... Tannehill comes off as if he may have brain damage

HybridPHIN 23
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM

by far the laziest and most worthless statement one could make on this board.... it pretty much applies to any opinion and contributes little........ more of an insult than anything else. people who use this dont really have any solutions but to shoot down everyone else's. I dont think you know enough about RG3 to determine whether he's worth it or not, regardless of what you watched.... Truth is if you were running the team it would be a mess too, so lets all be glad the professionals are in charge. We all heard the same thing last year about Newton from the naysayers..... with your logic you'd rather have tyron smith or robert quinn than to trade up, paying a premium for newton. To each his own, but your missing the whole point...... the dolphins are looking for a QB and are ready to finally pay a premium if it means getting who they want.

allfinz
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM

vy is an illiterate hoodlum that should have been killed in his strip club tantrum. The dude is scum. Rg3 speaks like a newscaster with zero ebonics. Class act military upbringing. Not a hoodrat like vy, cam newt, culpepp and vick.

MiamiMuss
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I like Griffith alot BUT to dump basically your draft on a guy whos played a spread offense is scary.

If Miami does this you will see alot of cut/restructures to get guys from FA to fill our other needs.Pass rusher,FS,RT.

allfinz
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
i don't see any issue with drafting BPA 8th overall, making a play for flynn or manning (not the end of the world if we don't get either), try and get super mario and plug holes in the draft. this team isn't going to the superbowl next year with a rookie coach (harbaugh was lucky), and just continue to build a good young talent core. i don't understand this give up the farm for one player mentality.

HybridPHIN 23
02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
i don't see any issue with drafting BPA 8th overall, making a play for flynn or manning (not the end of the world if we don't get either), try and get super mario and plug holes in the draft. this team isn't going to the superbowl next year with a rookie coach (harbaugh was lucky), and just continue to build a good young talent core. i don't understand this give up the farm for one player mentality.

so how exactly was harbaugh lucky ? being a far better coach then the previous one had nothing to do with their rise to prominence ? is that really what your saying ? I mean the NFC is coming back into power, it's not like the title was up for grabs. If your reasoning for the dolphins not going deep next year is Philbin's inexperience as a HC, i think you could find some more plausible points of emphasis.

The Confessor
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
by far the laziest and most worthless statement one could make on this board.... it pretty much applies to any opinion and contributes little........ more of an insult than anything else. people who use this dont really have any solutions but to shoot down everyone else's. I dont think you know enough about RG3 to determine whether he's worth it or not, regardless of what you watched.... Truth is if you were running the team it would be a mess too, so lets all be glad the professionals are in charge. We all heard the same thing last year about Newton from the naysayers..... with your logic you'd rather have tyron smith or robert quinn than to trade up, paying a premium for newton. To each his own, but your missing the whole point...... the dolphins are looking for a QB and are ready to finally pay a premium if it means getting who they want.

Are you done?

I live in Dallas.

I saw almost every single game this kid played. What games I didn't see, I saw the stat lines, headlines and highlights ad naseum.

He's an absolute GREAT kid. Would love to meet this kid.

I think he has a chance of being a Pro QB. I think his chance is....good at being a Pro QB.

I AM seeing the entire point. For somebody to post that they would be willing to give up EVERYTHING for some kid they have never even seen play is ignorant that is spawned on by the media and those like yourself that like to think that what they media is selling is obviously working.

I've watched the over-hype machine time and again.

IF he were to fall to us, then sure, grab the kid.

To completely and totally mortgage EVERYTHING for a kid that has potential, but has never thrown against a real defense, has never stepped behind center, and has an awkward motion, is simply not a good idea.

Now then, all that being said, if we do trade this years 1st, 2nd and 4th, and next years 1st an 2nd, then I sure hope this kid ends up being the best QB EVER, because for that price, he would have to be for it to be worth it.

How's that for perspective????

EDIT: Actually, I have to ask YOU "HybridPHIN" 23, would you give up 2 1st, 2 2nds and a 4th for Peyton Manning?

LANGER72
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Are you done?

I live in Dallas.

I saw almost every single game this kid played. What games I didn't see, I saw the stat lines, headlines and highlights ad naseum.

He's an absolute GREAT kid. Would love to meet this kid.

I think he has a chance of being a Pro QB. I think his chance is....good at being a Pro QB.

I AM seeing the entire point. For somebody to post that they would be willing to give up EVERYTHING for some kid they have never even seen play is ignorant that is spawned on by the media and those like yourself that like to think that what they media is selling is obviously working.

I've watched the over-hype machine time and again.

IF he were to fall to us, then sure, grab the kid.

To completely and totally mortgage EVERYTHING for a kid that has potential, but has never thrown against a real defense, has never stepped behind center, and has an awkward motion, is simply not a good idea.

Now then, all that being said, if we do trade this years 1st, 2nd and 4th, and next years 1st an 2nd, then I sure hope this kid ends up being the best QB EVER, because for that price, he would have to be for it to be worth it.

How's that for perspective????

EDIT: Actually, I have to ask YOU "HybridPHIN" 23, would you give up 2 1st, 2 2nds and a 4th for Peyton Manning?

I agree about the price. No player is worth multiple 1st round draft picks + additional picks unless they are Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in their prime.
To spend that kind of treasure on a player in college... the pressure that it brings on the player...is unwise.
I think you let the draft unfold and you select a great player that falls to you, or you trade down.

electrolyte
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I agree about the price. No player is worth multiple 1st round draft picks + additional picks unless they are Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in their prime.
To spend that kind of treasure on a player in college... the pressure that it brings on the player...is unwise.
I think you let the draft unfold and you select a great player that falls to you, or you trade down.

The Giants traded the farm for Eli Manning.

Apparently to you, he's not worth it either. Eli's 2 Super Bowl's would make most Dolphins fans disagree with you.

The Confessor
02-25-2012, 10:46 PM
The Giants traded the farm for Eli Manning.

Apparently to you, he's not worth it either. Eli's 2 Super Bowl's would make most Dolphins fans disagree with you.

And, Apparently, you are not clear with the history!

Totally DIFFERENT situation!!!

If you want to bring Eli into this conversation, then you need to bring Andrew Luck and NOT RGIII into the conversation.
Then and only then do you have something we can logically discuss!

Sarnics13
02-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Agreed! I for one would take Griffin over ANYONE in this draft. I am not a fortune teller but I seriously see Griffin being able to adjust to the NFL quicker and better than anyone. Very smart, and incredible physical talent that cannot be matched by any other QB in this draft. There is not a single thing that Luck can do that he cannot at least match.

ChrisHanson
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM

The reason Young never panned out is because he's emotionally and mentally unstable. If not for his mental problems he'd be a really good QB. RG3 is better than Young in both the talent and brains department. There is no reason to think RG3 can't and won't become a great NFL QB. People willing to trade the draft for Luck but not for RG3 really confuse me.

ChrisHanson
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Agreed! I for one would take Griffin over ANYONE in this draft. I am not a fortune teller but I seriously see Griffin being able to adjust to the NFL quicker and better than anyone. Very smart, and incredible physical talent that cannot be matched by any other QB in this draft. There is not a single thing that Luck can do that he cannot at least match.

At this point Luck is more polished right now. However, I do think that RGIII will have as much success in the NFL as Luck does.

The Confessor
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
The reason Young never panned out is because he's emotionally and mentally unstable. If not for his mental problems he'd be a really good QB. RG3 is better than Young in both the talent and brains department. There is no reason to think RG3 can't and won't become a great NFL QB. People willing to trade the draft for Luck but not for RG3 really confuse me.

Well, I wouldn't trade the draft for either one :lol:.

Guess I come from old school where you actually have to line up 11 guys on each side...last year, we had about 8 per side. 1 more player aint gonna get it done......