PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill would love to be a Dolphin

MetalKev
02-25-2012, 10:17 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/ryan-tannehill-says-hed-love-to-be-a-dolphin/

Danny
02-25-2012, 10:27 AM
I'd be ok with him if we move down and get an extra 2nd but taking him at 8 would be reaching imo.

Ozzy rules!!

MetalKev
02-25-2012, 10:31 AM
i do think he falls past seattle if they dont sign a FA

finfan54
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
lets put it this way....Tannehill is a better pick at 8 than Ted Ginn at 9. and Im talkin real time estimated profit. I thought Ted Ginn and those on here who were pushing him was a complete joke.

I would have no problem taking Tannehill at 8 provided they know the kind of QB they think he can become. Washington may pick him at 6 when the dust settles. Its not a reach unless the market ends up that way come April 26.

Noodleman
02-25-2012, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=finfan54;1064214044]lets put it this way....Tannehill is a better pick at 8 than Ted Ginn at 9. and Im talkin real time estimated profit. I thought Ted Ginn and those on here who were pushing him was a complete joke.

I would have no problem taking Tannehill at 8 provided they know the kind of QB they think he can become. Washington may pick him at 6 when the dust settles. Its not a reach unless the market en_____

Ted Ginn was an awful pick but you are crazy if you draft tannehill at 8. If someone wants to do that then trade down. We need a qb but reaching for one could set the franchise back for years if they are wrong. Tannehill is not worth the number 8 pick....period!

Vaark
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Ironic, I didn't want Ryan as the #1 pick but would have been comfortable taking him where we are now up to the mid-teens. Same scenario here except the comfort level would be mid teens - low 20s. Tanny advocates may well point to Jake Locker being picked by TN where he was as justification, despite an unimpressive season for an unimpressive team. But IMO it's not apples-2-apples as Locker had several years of impressive credibility built up beforehand unlike Tanny.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=finfan54;1064214044]lets put it this way....Tannehill is a better pick at 8 than Ted Ginn at 9. and Im talkin real time estimated profit. I thought Ted Ginn and those on here who were pushing him was a complete joke.

I would have no problem taking Tannehill at 8 provided they know the kind of QB they think he can become. Washington may pick him at 6 when the dust settles. Its not a reach unless the market en_____

Ted Ginn was an awful pick but you are crazy if you draft tannehill at 8. If someone wants to do that then trade down. We need a qb but reaching for one could set the franchise back for years if they are wrong. Tannehill is not worth the number 8 pick....period!

I would agree with you in any other light. The problem is we have a OC who was a HC in this league who coached this kid up at A&M from a friggin WR!!!!!!!! to beating Nebraska, Oklahoma, ect.

Its not where you are in your mind. Its where our coaching staff thinks the kid will be in another year and the value that could bring.

Right now in our situation I would not hesitate, provided the coaches, GM know that Tannehill can be the guy. Tannehill IMO is no Brady Quinn. If we cannot trade down, and he is our guy (which a lot still has to transpire), then they will take him at 8 cus they will compare to the value of say Coples or Upshaw and what it means to this team.

But in case your not paying attention. QB is the thing. Everything else is just the next thing.

Casas9425
02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
If we don't take him at 8 I'm sure the Browns will draft him at 22. If they like him they need to take him at 8.

finfan54
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
If we don't take him at 8 I'm sure the Browns will draft him at 22. If they like him they need to take him at 8.

well, that would then mean they didnt take rg3.

Seattle and Arizona will be looking at Tannehill. Bet your bottom azz dollar on that. Thats called. stock rising.

Phinatic8u
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Tannehill will be a Dolphin IF we sign Manning. No Manning, no Tannehill

RockyMtnPhinfan
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I think you bring him and he does NOT have to be starter on day one. Moore earned a chance to compete to start and you let Tannehill develop for how ever long you feel it takes for him to get "there". If we don't pick up Manning or Flynn we HAVE to draft a guy. IMO, with out a FA QB pick up we'eve got to draft a QB at 8.

MiamiMuss
02-25-2012, 11:51 AM
No to Tannehill.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I'd be ok with him if we move down and get an extra 2nd but taking him at 8 would be reaching imo.

Ozzy rules!!I think if they take him it will have to be at #8. Another team people keep forgetting about is Buffalo and the Bills need a quarterback as well. Might be a bit of a reach at #8, but if the team likes him I believe that's where they will take him.

Ryan1973
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I think if they take him it will have to be at #8. Another team people keep forgetting about is Buffalo and the Bills need a quarterback as well. Might be a bit of a reach at #8, but if the team likes him I believe that's where they will take him.

The Bills just resigned Fitzpatrick to a huge contract during this past season, I doubt they will be looking for another QB so soon. I would think they give him another year or two before looking for a new QB.

J. David Wannyheimer
02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
One thing that occurred to me is that if we pass on Tannehill at #8, that might be a red flag to some teams in the same way that people are saying it will be a red flag if we don't go after Flynn aggressively. So it's possible that the guy could fall to us in round 2 if we pass on him in the first.

EmperorPhin
02-25-2012, 02:22 PM
A Miami Dolphin or the animal?

J. David Wannyheimer
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
The Bills just resigned Fitzpatrick to a huge contract during this past season, I doubt they will be looking for another QB so soon. I would think they give him another year or two before looking for a new QB. I've read that Fitzpatrick's contract is structured in such a way that they can jettison him without too much problem.

tay0365
02-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Tannehill will be a Dolphin IF we sign Manning. No Manning, no Tannehill

I agree with this somewhat. If we take Flynn, there is no way we go QB w/ the 1st two picks, but if we lose out on Flynn, and for whatever reason don't get Manning, I think Miami will want to get Tannehill to be the backup and hopefully eventually the starter.

broccoli rob
02-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Tannehill coming off a little retarded in the press conference. Calling coach Sherman "Herman"

Clipse
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think reaching exists with quarterbacks. If you're confident in Tannehill's ability to become a franchise QB, you take him.

Thumper1016
02-25-2012, 03:48 PM
You might want to rephrase this statement, someone could take offense to that term IMO.

Tannehill coming off a little retarded in the press conference. Calling coach Sherman "Herman"

DudeleBroski
02-25-2012, 04:01 PM
We have to get a quarterback this year..not only because we just suck at the position, but chances are we arent going to have a top 10 pick again for a while.Dont worry about trading down to get perfect value. Just grow a pair and pick him.

Bonedoc7777
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
they all say the want to be on a team, they want the cash

footsteps_falco
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
You have to overpay for QB today. Landing a value one is just too rare. I understand the logic in wanting to gamble less. Hows that worked for us ? Hows that workes for everyone not the pats or cowboys? You have to actually gamble. Get it? Better like um though

jason_taylor
02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
I think you bring him and he does NOT have to be starter on day one. Moore earned a chance to compete to start and you let Tannehill develop for how ever long you feel it takes for him to get "there". If we don't pick up Manning or Flynn we HAVE to draft a guy. IMO, with out a FA QB pick up we'eve got to draft a QB at 8.

imo no matter what,,,, we have to get either Manning or Flynn at all costs that is if Manning becomes a FA or if not and philbin thinks Flynn is the answer we have got to get one or the other . thats our main priorty.

ojmcduffy
02-26-2012, 10:16 AM
If we follow our useal corse of action in the draft we will draft 2 qbs.

uga3406
02-26-2012, 12:30 PM
You have to overpay for QB today. Landing a value one is just too rare. I understand the logic in wanting to gamble less. Hows that worked for us ? Hows that workes for everyone not the pats or cowboys? You have to actually gamble. Get it? Better like um though

u mean like the cardinals did with kolb? no thanks. I rather just draft one and start from scratch.

ChambersWI
02-26-2012, 05:14 PM
there is a lot to love about Tannehill. He's already spent his entire college career in Sherman's offense, and he has great physical and mental qualities.

Now the question becomes who all is available at 8 along with Tannehill.

PALMA
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
As long as Philbin and Sherman are making the call we are in great shape. If they're confident in Tannehill, take him at #8 and ditch the concept of "value." Like moving back to 20's somehow makes sense? Trust your judgement and defend your convictions.

We do NOT want Jeff Ireland's grubby little hands over any decision regarding Qb. Ireland has proven his lack of testicular fortitude and buffoonery to the position several times over.