PDA

View Full Version : Rg3

phinfanNY08
02-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Just ran a scorching 4.38 40 yard dash. I wish he would just throw today to solidify him as the number 2 pick. But his scrambling abilities will make him a great threat in west coast offense

LANGER72
02-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Just ran a scorching 4.38 40 yard dash. I wish he would just throw today to solidify him as the number 2 pick. But his scrambling abilities will make him a great threat in west coast offense

Most of the QB's, including Luck and RGIII are not throwing at the combine.
There needs to be some changes to the rules. The combine should be the official measuring stick.
These pro days at their schools or whatever are really lame. It is like they are hiding their flaws.
I want to see all the players competing against each other.

LANGER72
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Very impressive.
The problem is that he cannot run the ball in the pro's regularly if he wants to have a long career.
That speed is not necessary to play QB IMHO.

DolfanMan4Life
02-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I understand why they don't want to throw I wouldn't either!! This is their life on the line. Would u want to throw to some wr's u don't knw or have a feel for. Timing could be way off and then u look like an idiot. Then speculation starts from everyone that your throwing motion is bad, your drop steps are wrong, you can't make adjustments, etc.. There is absoltly no benefit for a top two or three qb prospect to throw at the combine when every scout in the world will be at ur pro day where they have there wr's and are comfortable. I know someone will respond to this and say "well when u get to the nfl they are Going to have different wr's anyways and goin to have to learn new timing??" ...understood but not during there audition to make millions and thy will have time to learn during the offseason and training camps there new team. I definitely support not throwing at the combine no benefit at all!

uga3406
02-26-2012, 12:20 PM
He is going to be better then Luck imo

JCane
02-26-2012, 12:23 PM
40 time doesn't concern me.

JerryD
02-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Very impressive.
The problem is that he cannot run the ball in the pro's regularly if he wants to have a long career.
That speed is not necessary to play QB IMHO.

IMHO speed is huge to play QB (outside the run) ... totally changes the Defensive Game Plan (that's why they're making a big deal of his speed) ....

Huge 1: Gives QB escapability for the scramble ... can prolong plays, makes long/big plays as receivers get open, & wears out the Defense making them alot less effective in the 2nd half.

Huge 2: If the QB is that fast & elusive ... the Defense has to put someone to shadow the QB, leaving them with 10 on Defense ... and the other 10 peaking back & breaking off at any hint of a scramble/run!!

AZStryker
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
IMHO speed is huge to play QB (outside the run) ... totally changes the Defensive Game Plan (that's why they're making a big deal of his speed) ....

Huge 1: Gives QB escapability for the scramble ... can prolong plays, makes long/big plays as receivers get open, & wears out the Defense making them alot less effective in the 2nd half.

Huge 2: If the QB is that fast & elusive ... the Defense has to put someone to shadow the QB, leaving them with 10 on Defense ... and the other 10 peaking back & breaking off at any hint of a scramble/run!!

Yet all that translates into ZERO Super Bowl championships.

finintheburgh
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM

im not sure what wco your talking about, but rg3 hasnt showed any thing to suggest that he can play in wco.
the wco is a timing offence, when has rg3 taken 3, 5, or 7 foot drops and delivered the ball on time in a tight window.
the wco isnt an offense where stay in the shotgun, run around and throw it deep to wide open guys who have no one close to them.

the simple fact is rg3 doesnt fit with the wco were going to be running. rg3 shouldnt even be on the list of players we want for that simple reason

dlockz
02-26-2012, 12:46 PM
who cares if he throws or not. i think its messed up that people would judge a player more on some throws at a combine than what he has done in actual games. i mean seriously you can tell more about him being an nfl qb with some throws with nothing going on over what he does under fire. incredibly stupid

JerryD
02-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Not sure how that is related ... but its true ... nothing in football translates directly to Super Bowl championships ... Marino will tell you that.

Vaark
02-26-2012, 01:40 PM
If Barkley had come out, my guess is we'd definitely been throwing everything including the kitchen sink into the pile to move up to #2 but still would be bested by Cleveland. However, what would be interesting would be the cost to move up to induce Rich Spielman to deal the 3rd pick to us instead of Washington or Seattle for RG3.

dreday
02-26-2012, 04:23 PM
RGIII, cam, lucks 40's spliced together..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/2elv4ll-1.gif

JerryD
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM
RGIII, cam, lucks 40's spliced together..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/02/2elv4ll-1.gif

That's great!! Dude's got some hi-end giddy-up!! Beep!! Beep!! ... got those Roadrunner/Ostrich legs!! lol

AllFinsAllDay
02-27-2012, 06:01 AM
i wonder what would happen if we Griffin did fall to us and what the reaction would be? lulz

ChrisHanson
02-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Except for Steve Young's, Aaron Rodgers', Roger Staubach's, John Elway's, Ken Stabler's (to name a few) Super Bowl titles.

Flip Tanneflop
02-27-2012, 11:16 AM
That's great!! Dude's got some hi-end giddy-up!! Beep!! Beep!! ... got those Roadrunner/Ostrich legs!! lol

Can he run routes and catch? If so I could understand why its a big deal that he runs fast in the open field.

umpalu
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I am confused. Am I in the draft forum?

AZStryker
02-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Except for Steve Young's, Aaron Rodgers', Roger Staubach's, John Elway's, Ken Stabler's (to name a few) Super Bowl titles.

Do you actually think there are any similarities between their style of play and RG3's??? Plus I bet they had less than 50 total combined rushing yards in their Super Bowl victories.