PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hill

MarSly
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Worthy of a look with his size of 6'4" and a forty of 4.3 and great hands.

Twitches Brew
02-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I prefer Streeter. Similar height and 40 time, but played in a real offense and proved himself more in college.

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Im intrigued by both. Similar speed. I think hill had limited chances at school. Streeter is a bit raw too though, and although he played in a legit offense, he still needs work imo. Love his size, talk about a redzone target. Both will probably improve their stock a lil, so who knows if the value will be there for when they are available.

MiamiMuss
02-26-2012, 02:43 PM
The best thing about both of these guys is they can hit the homerun...something Miami has been missing since the Marks brothers days.

Both faired well at Indy i am more intrigued by Hill this guy is a half step below Megatron...Hills number are very impressive.

WaxOn WaxOff
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I prefer Streeter. Similar height and 40 time, but played in a real offense and proved himself more in college.

Tommy Streeter avg yd/catch 17.6
Stephen Hill avg yd/catch 29.3

Also look at who GT had throwing the ball. I'd take Hill.

Clipse
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Tommy Streeter avg yd/catch 17.6
Stephen Hill avg yd/catch 29.3

Also look at who GT had throwing the ball. I'd take Hill.

That means literally nothing whatsoever. GT doesn't throw the ball. When they do, it's usually a bomb down the field to Stephen Hill, who's open because nobody is expecting the throw. He's pretty much the same exact WR as Demaryius Thomas. I liked Thomas, and I like Hill as well. You can't teach the physical gifts they have. But there's no comparison between them and Streeter aside from Physical traits because of the offense they played in. Who knows whether or not Hill will ever be able to consistently get open without the help of a gimmick offense.

WaxOn WaxOff
02-26-2012, 03:11 PM
That means literally nothing whatsoever. GT doesn't throw the ball. When they do, it's usually a bomb down the field to Stephen Hill, who's open because nobody is expecting the throw. He's pretty much the same exact WR as Demaryius Thomas.

It means a little more than "nothing whatsoever". It shows he is a great deep threat. Hill caught for more yards than Streeter with about half the number of receptions. And he did this with a crap QB throwing to him. As for being the same as D. Thomas, that is fine with me. D. Thomas is pretty darn good. Put this guy on the other side and the Safety will have to respect the deep throw. Sounds like what or "O" needs.

chrisbaucom
02-26-2012, 03:18 PM
It means a little more than "nothing whatsoever". It shows he is a great deep threat. Hill caught for more yards than Streeter with about half the number of receptions. And he did this with a crap QB throwing to him. As for being the same as D. Thomas, that is fine with me. D. Thomas is pretty darn good. Put this guy on the other side and the Safety will have to respect the deep throw. Sounds like what or "O" needs.

He only had 9 more yards. And if you watched GT games, you would know that he was wide open because of the deception used by that offense. He is far more raw than tommy streeter, and his hands aren't as good. And just for the record, Streeter didn't exactly have Dan Marino throwing him the ball last year either.

Clipse
02-26-2012, 04:48 PM

No it doesn't. It proves that he knows how to run one route, and can catch mostly open passes.

sinPHIN
02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
i would rather have floyd. hill is good but i wouldnt take him untill the third. just me. dont get wrapped up in a 40 time. look at kendal wright, he ran a 4.6 but we all know he is a burner.

TedSlimmJr
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Tommy Streeter hasn't proven himself in college more than Stephen Hill has. Streeter has done absolutely nothing at Miami until this year other than catch one long TD pass against Notre Dame in a bowl game.

Stephen Hill has been GT's leading receiver 2 years in a row since Bey-Bey Thomas left.

Streeter isn't any more polished in his route running than Hill is either. All Streeter runs is vertical streaks just like Hill, except Hill is a more physical player and better blocker. You have to be in order to go into the middle of the field and root out linebackers in Paul Johnson's double-wing offense.

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 05:23 PM
They are both projects and not worth consideration until thd middle rounds imo. We wont be asking our wrs to block much if we adopt a greenbay style. Offense imo. So i dont necessarily need a guy whos better at blocking in the middle of thd field than routs running and catching balls, which both need reps at imo.

TedSlimmJr
02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?314300-Tommy-Streeter

WaxOn WaxOff
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
They are both projects and not worth consideration until thd middle rounds imo. We wont be asking our wrs to block much if we adopt a greenbay style. Offense imo. So i dont necessarily need a guy whos better at blocking in the middle of thd field than routs running and catching balls, which both need reps at imo.

Hill won't make it out of round 2.

Fin_Frenzy_84
02-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I would take him late second if he is there. We would have to trade down and get another second.

TedSlimmJr
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Hill is an excellent "freak" athlete to take on as a developmental WR with legitimate #1 potential down the road if he learns how to run routes and read coverages. I remember Saban recruiting him hard in the summer of '08. Hill was just a no-name UCF commitment at the time.

There's no telling what type of prospect he'd be right now if he had came to Bama. He destroyed the gauntlet drill at the combine. Very strong hands and I really like the way he catches the ball out away from his frame and never lets it get into his body.

He's as promising as any WR in this draft when you get right down to it. He just doesn't have the polish to go ahead of a couple of the receivers who are further along in their development. He might wind up better than any of 'em 3-5 years from now.

ckparrothead
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I hate to put a guy that didn't run routes in the 1st-2nd round area but the simple fact of the matter is when you look at his core skills, that's what you see. It's hard to cover 6'4' and 215 lbs that runs a 4.36 official, 4.30 unofficial, and has all that explosion, then can go out there in receiver drills and show off strong hands and ability to track the ball in the air. With those kinds of core skills, I think you can teach him the routes. The triple option offense isn't the only reason he averaged 29 yards per catch as the team's leading receiver. I did a lot of work on Bey-Bey figuring out if he translates to the pros based on what he showed in that offense in college, and I believed he did. I believe he's showing that now. Bey-Bey's success late in the 2011 season and playoffs is probably helping Hill some...but maybe for good reason.

I don't see that kind of quality in Tommy Streeter's core skills or games.

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 02:15 AM

reason is because GT ran a run oriented offense plus they had a bad QB plus the word on streeter is that he doesn't have good work ethic and takes plays off plus disappears in games Hill impressed me with the combine and also in interviews with ESPN this guy seems like he has his head on straight and has the looks of a Randy Moss he won't get out of the first you can take that one to the bank

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Tommy Streeter hasn't proven himself in college more than Stephen Hill has. Streeter has done absolutely nothing at Miami until this year other than catch one long TD pass against Notre Dame in a bowl game.

Stephen Hill has been GT's leading receiver 2 years in a row since Bey-Bey Thomas left.

Streeter isn't any more polished in his route running than Hill is either. All Streeter runs is vertical streaks just like Hill, except Hill is a more physical player and better blocker. You have to be in order to go into the middle of the field and root out linebackers in Paul Johnson's double-wing offense.

agreed

2413fanphins
02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
So with all the holes we have, to take a wr in round one or two, seems like a bad idea. Taking streeter in thd fourth would be ideal value i would think. Id think we fill OL at some point in the first three rounds?! What do you guys think? A hill marshall combo would be sick though. But im thinking a guy like keuchly in 1, than a rt/rg prospect. This is why i hope richardson falls to 8, even if we only accumulate an extra second, it goes with a long ways and for filling three needs. I like our options with 3 picks inthe top 60-65 players

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 11:49 AM
So with all the holes we have, to take a wr in round one or two, seems like a bad idea. Taking streeter in thd fourth would be ideal value i would think. Id think we fill OL at some point in the first three rounds?! What do you guys think? A hill marshall combo would be sick though. But im thinking a guy like keuchly in 1, than a rt/rg prospect. This is why i hope richardson falls to 8, even if we only accumulate an extra second, it goes with a long ways and for filling three needs. I like our options with 3 picks inthe top 60-65 players

so you dont think WR is a hole on this team?? lol wow

datruth55
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
It's not a gaping hole like RT or pass rusher...it could use an upgrade at the #2 spot (sorry 35 receptions, 549 yards and 1 TD is not good enough) but it's not a dire situation. The beauty of it is there will be talent at the top of the 3rd at WR. Since this draft is pretty deep on the O-line and D-line I expect most of them to go off the board in the 2nd round. Blackmon, Floyd and Wright will probably be gone in the 1st. Sanu, Jeffery, Givens, Adams, Randle, Broyles and possibly Stephen Hill could potentially all be gone in the 2nd. That would leave Brian Quick, Nick Toon, Juron Criner, Devier Posey, Marquis Maze, B.J. Cunningham, Travis Benjamin, Tommy Streeter, Dwight Jones, Jarius White, T.Y. Hilton and a bunch of other guys to choose from...not saying I like all these guys or that any of them are a good fit, just saying there will be talent and some of the guys I think might go in the 2nd could slip to the 3rd like Stephen Hill, Randle and Adams.

DolfanGator
02-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Where did Calvin Johnson go to school? What offense did they run?

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
It's not a gaping hole like RT or pass rusher...it could use an upgrade at the #2 spot (sorry 35 receptions, 549 yards and 1 TD is not good enough) but it's not a dire situation. The beauty of it is there will be talent at the top of the 3rd at WR. Since this draft is pretty deep on the O-line and D-line I expect most of them to go off the board in the 2nd round. Blackmon, Floyd and Wright will probably be gone in the 1st. Sanu, Jeffery, Givens, Adams, Randle, Broyles and possibly Stephen Hill could potentially all be gone in the 2nd. That would leave Brian Quick, Nick Toon, Juron Criner, Devier Posey, Marquis Maze, B.J. Cunningham, Travis Benjamin, Tommy Streeter, Dwight Jones, Jarius White, T.Y. Hilton and a bunch of other guys to choose from...not saying I like all these guys or that any of them are a good fit, just saying there will be talent and some of the guys I think might go in the 2nd could slip to the 3rd like Stephen Hill, Randle and Adams.

I agree its not as big a dire need as other positions but whatever qb we get we have to surround him with some weapons Stephen Hill will be a first rounder and after the 2nd round it is deep but the talent drops off immensely IMO

2413fanphins
02-29-2012, 04:11 PM

Not sure why you got the giggles. I never said wr wasnt a hole. Its a hole, and its fourth on my priority list. Plenty of talent to choose from in the middle of rounds. Much rather a cb or edge rusher in round one than hill, unless we trade quite a ways back in the first. There is a db and de/olb that they fills a need and might be even be bpa at the time if we have to stay at 8.

2413fanphins
02-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Well if we are already calling hill, megatron 2, by all means draft him at 8.

DolfanGator
02-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Well if we are already calling hill, megatron 2, by all means draft him at 8.

By no means. Just wanted to remind those that use the GT offense arguement that the 1 reciever the offense requires is one of freakish size and uncoverability (just made that up) 1-on-1. Whether or not that is the case with Hill remains to be seen.

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Not sure why you got the giggles. I never said wr wasnt a hole. Its a hole, and its fourth on my priority list. Plenty of talent to choose from in the middle of rounds. Much rather a cb or edge rusher in round one than hill, unless we trade quite a ways back in the first. There is a db and de/olb that they fills a need and might be even be bpa at the time if we have to stay at 8.

I agree with you with a edge rusher in the first IMO this draft is deep with WR with potential but once your outta of the second round I see a big dropoff in talent not saying there want be a sleeper later in the draft cause there always is but when you got guys like Hill, Randle, Givens, Jefferey, after those guys I see a big dropoff after that any of the aforementioned would be a great compliment to the beast from day one where as some of these other guys would take a while to develop or maybe never develop at all.

TedSlimmJr
02-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Calvin Johnson didn't play for Paul Johnson or in his double-wing offense. He played in Patrick Nix's offense along with Tashard Choice when Chan Gailey was head coach. They threw it a lot more back then than they do in Paul Johnson's offense that Hill and Demaryius Thomas played in. Completely different systems.

The main problem Calvin had at GT was that his quarterback was Reggie Ball.

TedSlimmJr
02-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Demaryius Thomas was the first receiver to come off the board and was drafted ahead of Dez Bryant, who slid because of his off-field and character concerns.

Michael Floyd has some repeated alcohol related off-field issues of his own. It's possible that a team could take Hill over Floyd if they like him enough.

Randy Moss made the Hall of Fame by running nothing but vertical routes and outjumping DB's at 6'4", 215 pounds and running 4.3. He never went across the middle.

Hill is a good, intelligent kid and any team that interviews him is going to come away loving him. If they feel like he can come in and learn the system, I wouldn't anticipate him being on the board long.

datruth55
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Where did Calvin Johnson go to school? What offense did they run?
Georgia Tech and he was there under Chan Gailey so it was mostly the spread offense...but he had the worst QB in college football in Reggie Ball.

Edit: Oops, just saw Slimm answered the question.

datruth55
03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Demaryius Thomas was the first receiver to come off the board and was drafted ahead of Dez Bryant, who slid because of his off-field and character concerns.

Michael Floyd has some repeated alcohol related off-field issues of his own. It's possible that a team could take Hill over Floyd if they like him enough.

Randy Moss made the Hall of Fame by running nothing but vertical routes and outjumping DB's at 6'4", 215 pounds and running 4.3. He never went across the middle.

Hill is a good, intelligent kid and any team that interviews him is going to come away loving him. If they feel like he can come in and learn the system, I wouldn't anticipate him being on the board long.
True about Hill Slimm but I think it may come down to his pro day. If he runs decent routes his stock will go up even further but if he looks really raw then I think he won't be taken earlier than the 2nd round.

edaniel1717
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Breaking News.. Stephen Hill has terrible hands.. BTW

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Hill is now going first round in some mock drafts. I am sold on him. He will be a good player in the NFL

PSU Cane
03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd take Hill in a heartbeat over Streeter. Both guys are still raw....very raw. Hill played in a very simple pass game without much of a route tree or complex passing game. Streeter played in a more pro-style set, but he didn't run a full route tree himself. When i watched both guys run the routes at the combine, i actually felt Hill ran them better. He was smoother in/out of cuts and had nice body control. I also think Hill showed much better hands....which has always been the concern with Streeter up until this year when he did improve. But Streeter dropped several passes as during drills.

Oh...and not to mention that Hill ran a better 40 time (0.04 seconds), better 3-cone drill (by 0.2 seconds), better broad jump (by 8 inches), and better vertical (6.5 inches).

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-02-2012, 01:29 AM
I'd take Hill in a heartbeat over Streeter. Both guys are still raw....very raw. Hill played in a very simple pass game without much of a route tree or complex passing game. Streeter played in a more pro-style set, but he didn't run a full route tree himself. When i watched both guys run the routes at the combine, i actually felt Hill ran them better. He was smoother in/out of cuts and had nice body control. I also think Hill showed much better hands....which has always been the concern with Streeter up until this year when he did improve. But Streeter dropped several passes as during drills.

Oh...and not to mention that Hill ran a better 40 time (0.04 seconds), better 3-cone drill (by 0.2 seconds), better broad jump (by 8 inches), and better vertical (6.5 inches).

You can also add that Hill was making some very good catches in the combine. I really didnt see Streeter in the drills.

ckparrothead
03-02-2012, 02:13 AM
You can also add that Hill was making some very good catches in the combine. I really didnt see Streeter in the drills.

Hill had an excellent, excellent Combine. No question about it. Knocked it out of the park. No matter what you're talking about, he did it well. He ran fast, jumped high and far, his hands were among the very best in the gauntlet drill and he kept his speed up during that drill (was about two tenths faster than group average), didn't weave during gauntlet, had a highlight reel catch on a vertical, adjusted well on other deep throws, and had probably the sharpest cut I saw from any of the players in his group on the out pattern.

Only thing he could have done better was run a better shuttle drill but it's typical for one Combine measure to be sort of an outlier even among the very best Combine showings.

datruth55
03-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Streeter didn't look very good in drills to me. Dropped a few balls, rounded off his cuts in routes, wasn't consistent with his routes either. He looked like the project that he is. Had he stayed in school one more year and worked on all that he would have been a first round pick next year with his 40 time, vertical and broad jump.

hooshoops
03-04-2012, 02:18 AM
streeter sucks...hills probably going top 50 off that combine workout heck maybe late round 1 but i wouldn't take him that high...too raw for my taste that high and i definitely wouldn't be taking him over a michael floyd

i tell ya one thing though that kid hill exploded out of his cuts at the combine...down the road he could be special

Morey161
03-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Much rather have Streeter because he would go later in the draft. Don't personally think either one will be that good. Hill has horrible hands, never learned how to run routes, doesn't know what it's like to have more than one person cover him at a time because he played in that **** offense.