PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Cousins

Njphinsfan
02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Didn't see many games this year, but he looked pretty good today throwing at the combine. He seemed to impress a few people. I am curious to see if he moves up over Tannehill. I know Sherman has the goods on Tannehill but everything I read says he needs a lot of work. Does anyone know much more about Cousins? I know a few people seemed high on him a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen much about him recently.

Ryan1973
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
No thanks on Cousins. He reminds me of another Henne.

phinfan33
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
He's my darkhorse candidate at QB for us. I don't see it happening, but for me, i have it in the back of my mind.

Sunny Fish
02-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Watching Cousins, I saw him make a lot of bad decisions and throw picks. I remember thinking that if he is fooled that easily by college level defenses, he will never be successful in the NFL. Of course, who knows what superior coaching can do if he lands in the right situation. All in all though, I agree with the previous responder. His decision making thus far reminds me of Henne.

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I love Cousins. I think he can be special in time. He is my third QB. I got to see more of Tannehill before making him #3.

CedarPhin
02-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Dude would be a great pick.

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
High character guy too.

CedarPhin
02-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Most definitely. Has some leadership qualities too.

Dogbone34
02-26-2012, 02:54 PM
We need starters not career back ups.

CedarPhin
02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Who's to say he'll be a career backup?

Vaark
02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
If we're going second tier QBs, I'd prefer the one that gives off Brees type vibes and has been compared to him by some, Kellen Moore who's downsides are size and speed but upsides are accuracy, decision-making and intelligence, re Scout.com.. and obviously the winner mindset and clutch genes.

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I dont see much more than a backup in cousins. I dong knkw if he reminds me more of henne or drew stanton. Either way ill pass.

GreenMts
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Did not like his bowl performance this year. I could see him lookng good at the combine but game situation judgment may be an issue. I see him forcing the ball a lot unnecessarily. Vision of field not up to NFL requirements.

MP-Omnis
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
After Andy Dalton, I'm willing to give any of these QBs a shot given they have the goods upstairs.

IAFINFAN
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
We need starters not career back ups.

Less talented Chad Pennington.

phinfan33
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
If we do take Cousins in whatever rd we get him in, then between Coaches Philbin,Sherman,and Taylor(our assistant QB Coach), i'll feel good about how he'll be coached&developed.

DeathStar
02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
People love mediocre QBs on this site.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I love Cousins. I think he can be special in time. He is my third QB. I got to see more of Tannehill before making him #3.I think he would be a perfect complement if Miami ends up signing Peyton Manning. Cousins has a lot of great traits to work with and a Peyton like work ethic. He could sit and learn from one of the best.

footsteps_falco
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
he doesn't have any above average qualities from games i've seen. Some mobility/athleticism but doesn't threaten you more then a matt moore, average arm, half-decent zip, okay release, undersized, spotty decision making. They do say he's a great leader and pretty tough though. But why invest a pick in a guy who wont contribute until much further down the road, if ever. if you're looking to develop someone atleast roll a guy who's elite or special in some category. someone who's done something.

I look at tannehill and his athleticism, size, and ceiling, and his arm strength.

I look at Foles and his size, arm strength and ability to carry his team.

I look at Weeden and see a guy ready to start, a guy whos mature and very polished.

I look at Russel Wilson and see an underrated athlete who can improvise and make big plays.

I look at Brock Osweiler and I see a HUGE athlete with a huge boom-or-bust rate.

I look at Coleman and see a guy who only lacks some mechanics and footwork but could be starting quality.

I look at Case Keenum and i see one of the fastest releases in the draft, and mobility.

I look at Moore and I see the smarter pro read QB in this draft who can mentally overcome physical deficencies

I look at Kirk Cousins and I see slightly above average.

maybe cousins is the next brady, but more then likely he's just an NFL backup

insomnia411
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
The only way I want cousins is if we pick up Peyton and draft Cousins as a developmental guy in the 3rd or 4th. I dont love his upside, I think that weeden is a much better prospect.