PDA

View Full Version : RG3 meets with the Miami Dolphins

FinAtic8480
02-26-2012, 01:53 PM
RG3 was just interviewed on NFL Network and confirmed he has met with Dolphins, Redskins & Browns. RG3 also confirmed he has not spoken to the Rams & Seahawks.

Travis34
02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Let the speculation unfold

NYPhin24
02-26-2012, 01:58 PM
also found it interesting/weird the 49ers met with him, like he said maybe some inside info on Kendall Wright

MARSHALL~LAW
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
He also said he met with Jax, Buff, and Indy........ we're not special.

Geforce
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
He also said he met with Jax, Buff, and Indy........ we're not special.

I disagree. We're the MIAMI DOLPHINS dammit and we will always be special.

Vaark
02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Actually, I know MN is on record as not considering this, but if I were Spielman I'd meet with RG3 also at the least to create the illusion of interest to drive the cost up, but more pragmatically, to assess whether, if RG3 makes it them, it's worth it to draft him and then flip Ponder for a late 1st. :idk:

KingDolphin57
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Just like I thought , He interviewed with Minn also . Knew they would get wise .

SebasMiamiFan
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Hopefully Ireland didn't ask if his mom was a prostitute. Sorry I couldn't resist. :chuckle:

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 02:34 PM
We will never trade for this dude.

elite14eva
02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
We will never trade for this dude.this...too much to give up i just don't see it.

Roman529
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
It would probably cost us our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this year to move up six places to #2....so you have to ask whether it would be worthwhile to do this.....or give up our first three picks this year and a #1 next year? If we cant sign Manning or Flynn, I think we would have to look at giving up these picks to get RG3.

dreday
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
whew! thats alot to give up,but if philbin thinks hes the guy then so be it.

Krush
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
This Kid is worth it, that's why we never accomplish anything because you don't want to trade to get him, so if QB is the posistion that is keeping us back why not roll thee dice, draft pick are just draft picks i don't nor you know how they're going to pan out. COME ON TO MIAMI RGIII!!!!!!.

BARF
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
i just hope ireland didn't call his mom a ho

dreday
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
i just hope ireland didn't call his mom a ho

quite sure even he knows better...i think everyone knows she and his dad are army vets.

Emanauguste
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't see the big deal on y we shouldn't trade for him... He's going to be great... In all honesty how many first rounders do we have on our team still out of the last ten years go and get the kid

dlockz
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Update : Irleand asked if his mother was a whore and wasx quite dissapointed she was not, RG3 did offer that he had a lose cousin but Ireland was still quite dissapointed since he only can get it up if he pays for sex lol

Geforce
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Update : Irleand asked if his mother was a whore and wasx quite dissapointed she was not, RG3 did offer that he had a lose cousin but Ireland was still quite dissapointed since he only can get it up if he pays for sex lol
You should get demoted for saying something like this.

Ireland probably already knows that Griffin's mother was an Army sergeant.

Roman529
02-26-2012, 03:51 PM
This Kid is worth it, that's why we never accomplish anything because you don't want to trade to get him, so if QB is the posistion that is keeping us back why not roll thee dice, draft pick are just draft picks i don't nor you know how they're going to pan out. COME ON TO MIAMI RGIII!!!!!!.

I agree. We have played it too safe and gone after average QB's every year since Marino retired. When you add up all the lost second rounders we have taken on QB's, and look at the other high quality guys we could have added to the team, I think we have to roll the dice. We can fill in the other needs we have through free agency or trades.

dlockz
02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Geforce;1064214921]You should get demoted for saying something like this.

Ireland probably already knows that Griffin's mother was an Army sergeant

So I shoulkd get demoted for making a joke about our GM that doesnt know better than to ask if a guys mom is a prostitute. Your right my offense was much worse lol and maybe he doesnt know since he did ask Bryant the question and he should have known that also. maybe he should ask the question to test his reaction to the question lol

Geforce
02-26-2012, 04:17 PM
So I shoulkd get demoted for making a joke about our GM that doesnt know better than to ask if a guys mom is a prostitute. Your right my offense was much worse lol and maybe he doesnt know since he did ask Bryant the question and he should have known that also. maybe he should ask the question to test his reaction to the question lol
You should be demoted for making that tired joke about our GM.

SebasMiamiFan
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Who cares? Lighten up people.

dlockz
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
You should be demoted for making that tired joke about our GM.

Well if they dont demote him for asking idiotic and improper questions ithink im quite safe esp with my years of serving our country in wartime lol

ROADRUNNER
02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
He's not for us.............too much to give up.

Valandui
02-26-2012, 06:08 PM
This isn't news. They meet with everyone.

CalDolFan10x14
02-26-2012, 06:17 PM
People are still using that joke? :bobdole:

footsteps_falco
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
lovin weeden

J Tes
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Well if they dont demote him for asking idiotic and improper questions ithink im quite safe esp with my years of serving our country in wartime lol
You make it sound as if he just walked up to Bryant and asked him if his Mom was a prostitute. He first asked what his Dad did for a living and Bryant said his dad was a pimp. Ireland then asked what his Mom did for a living and Bryant said she worked for his Dad. Thats when Ireland asked the prostitute question. Did it need to be asked? No, but it wasn't as if he just decided to ask that question

Vertical Limit
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
On the topic of Ireland and prostitutes, would he still be employed by any other team in the NFL knowing he asked that? My guess is no.

dlockz
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
You make it sound as if he just walked up to Bryant and asked him if his Mom was a prostitute. He first asked what his Dad did for a living and Bryant said his dad was a pimp. Ireland then asked what his Mom did for a living and Bryant said she worked for his Dad. Thats when Ireland asked the prostitute question. Did it need to be asked? No, but it wasn't as if he just decided to ask that question

We really have no clue how the question came up but it should have been steered away from but its over and done . We have Irelands claim thats how it came up but Bryant never said thats how it came up and neither guy has any credibility with me because i dont know either one of them

J Tes
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
We really have no clue how the question came up but it should have been steered away from but its over and done . We have Irelands claim thats how it came up but Bryant never said thats how it came up and neither guy has any credibility with me because i dont know either one of them

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/04/30/dez.bryant.jeff.ireland/index.html

Two sources familiar with the situation contend that Ireland's question was nothing more than the logical follow-up to comments Bryant had made about his family. According to the sources, Ireland began the meeting by asking Bryant, 21, about his upbringing and his relationship with his siblings. Then he asked what Bryant's father did for a living when Bryant was growing up. The following exchange allegedly ensued:

"My dad was a pimp."

"What did your mom do [for a living]?"

"She worked for my dad."

"Your mom was a prostitute?"

"No, she wasn't a prostitute."

cdz12250
02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
He will never live it down. Never. Not ever. People will even stop mentioning it, but it will be in the back of the minds of many who meet him or even just look at him, for as long as he lives.

NYPhinzFan
02-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Bryant walked into that, Ireland was simply doing his due diligence. They invest alotta money in these guys and you want to know who you're investing in. Should he have asked the question the way he did? No. He could've been more diplomatic like: "so what exactly does she do for your dad?"; but he didn't. That was his mistake, and as human beings, we're allowed those from time to time.

The fact that people still joke about it makes me laugh at how cheesy and corny they sound making the joke than laughing at the joke itself. But then again, I never saw the humor in it to begin with. The media blew this way outta proportion.

fatkirstyalley
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
There is no way we give up everything to get this guy. This price will be far too steep.

ticophin
02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
How many years, sincerily, how many years of this are we going to endure?? We need a QB, best one available...There will allways be holes everywhere, fill them up via FA and late picks, we need a potential star QB, NOW!