PDA

View Full Version : Mayock Presses Griffin on not Throwing

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/26/mayock-presses-griffin-on-not-throwing-at-scouting-combine/

1. Can Mike Mayock make a point and let alone? Obviously not.

2. IF Mayock is so put out by guys not working out in Indy, don't turn around and tell RGIII that he will be at his personal workout. Once the NFL stops going to campuses, then maybe the college kids WILL work out in Indy. Until then, elite prospects have the choice to do what they want.

3. On a side note, I cannot take him loving or putting up for every Notre Dame player that comes by. If Floyd was from another school, Mayock would have killed him for dropping passes today, having straight line speed, rounding cuts (which Michael Irvin criticized him for) and being a diva in college.

I am not impressed with Mayock this weekend.

Geforce
02-26-2012, 02:47 PM
2. IF Mayock is so put out by guys not working out in Indy, don't turn around and tell RGIII that he will be at his personal workout. Once the NFL stops going to campuses, then maybe the college kids WILL work out in Indy. Until then, elite prospects have the choice to do what they want.

As long as there are a limited number of college invited to the NFL Combine, the NFL has no choice but to go to the campuses if they want to evaluate all or as many draft eligible players as they can.

Maybe if the Combine schedule wasn't so hectic for many of them, more of the top prospects would workout at.

2413fanphins
02-26-2012, 03:21 PM
They should get kiper and mcshay in there on a rotational basis. At least it would break it up a bit. He is wearing me out to, frankly.

Geforce
02-26-2012, 03:23 PM
They should get kiper and mcshay in there on a rotational basis. At least it would break it up a bit. He is wearing me out to, frankly.
Do you think ESPN would let Kiper and McShay work for another network, even on a temporary basis, to talk about the draft?

datruth55
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Maybe if the kids aren't going to work out at the combine they shouldn't get invited.

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Maybe if the kids aren't going to work out at the combine they shouldn't get invited.

That is fine. The NFL would never do that for ratings purposes, but you are right that someone was left out that would attempt to workout.

datruth55
02-26-2012, 04:30 PM
That is fine. The NFL would never do that for ratings purposes, but you are right that someone was left out that would attempt to workout.

There were a lot of guys that should be at the combine that aren't there although that's because they invited 47 WRs unlike last year when there was only something like 23.