PDA

View Full Version : What the redskins and browns may offer

finfromthenorth
02-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Just read on theredzone.org that the Browns may offer the 4th and the 22nd for the number 2 pick and the skins are apparently going to offer their 1,2,3 this year and maybe their 1st next year.
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24116/Report--Redskins-ready-to-offer-Kings-Ransom-for-RGIII/Default.aspx

Hayden Fox
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I think for Miami it would be 1, 2 and 3 this year and a #1 in 2013.

Too much for me. I like RGIII, but he is far from a "no brainer".

Pass.

elite14eva
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
were not getting either qb folks.

jason_taylor
02-26-2012, 02:54 PM
were not getting either qb folks.

dont want them 4 that price.....

CedarPhin
02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Wayyyy too much to give up for an unknown quality.

J Tes
02-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I think for Miami it would be 1, 2 and 3 this year and a #1 in 2013.

Too much for me. I like RGIII, but he is far from a "no brainer".

Pass.
It would be more than that. Thats what the Skins are reportedly going to offer and Miami's picks are lower

IHearJimi
02-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Just playing devil's advocate, but let's say he is the real deal. 2 years down te road, we'll be laughing at how awesome our QB is. Using everybody's rational, no one would trade Odrick, Misi, and Edds for rg3. I find that hard to believe. Even with those picks, they're not locks. Its time for us to be bold!

oasis
02-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I can't imagine Miami going for it. It's too much to give up in a draft that could be critical for us. If we land Manning or Flynn, this draft could add some players that could immediately contribute, whether that's solidifying the O-line, adding a good TE, or adding a [probably raw, but still] pash-rushing threat opposite Cam Wake. Those are huge, huge, additions if Ireland is able to get them in this draft, and I wouldn't want to give up the chance at those three things when we could get a good QB in FA.

Penntastic
02-26-2012, 03:32 PM
probably 1,2 & 3 this year and 1 & 2 next year and a 3rd in 2014. Wow!! thats way to much....love to have RG3 but I have to pass.

DefensiveEnd76
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
To get a franchise QB you have to give up a lot. THat's the way it goes.

datruth55
02-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Just read on theredzone.org that the Browns may offer the 4th and the 22nd for the number 2 pick and the skins are apparently going to offer their 1,2,3 this year and maybe their 1st next year.
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24116/Report--Redskins-ready-to-offer-Kings-Ransom-for-RGIII/Default.aspx
And if the Rams are targeting Blackmon it would make sense to trade with Cleveland because if they trade with the Redskins then Cleveland at #4 is in position to take Blackmon in front of them.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Well, I do believe the final price is going to be outrageous. With the low cap figure RGIII will get with the new collective bargaining agreement, I feel teams can give up more and have money over the next few years for free agency. Looks like Flynn or Manning for Miami.

dcm
02-26-2012, 03:46 PM

I don't think Tom Brady...Aaron Rodgers....Drew Brees.....Peyton Manning.....cost their teams anything but picking at their draft position and some free agency money. None of these qbs cost their teams a buttload of high picks!

silverfin
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I'd rather roll with Moore than give that much up

sinPHIN
02-26-2012, 05:13 PM
man that is just way too much. sucks

finfan54
02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
RG3 is the least risky as far as once you get him.

Uknown quantity? you could say that about anyone.
If I am Ross, and I am in love with RG3. I simply ask the Rams what is it that we need to give you to get that #2. If it ends up being 3 #1's straight up I do it.

People. RG3 is going to tear it up. bank on it. Dude is smart, driven, fast (4.38 is ungodly for a QB), and high character. People. get a clue. This only comes around once in a decade. im tired of waiting. You pay to get the guy you know is going to drive defensive coordinators insane for the next 15 years.

finfan54
02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd rather roll with Moore than give that much up

yeah, giving up the value of Odrick and say pouncey. thats it. you can get guys via free agency and in other rounds. It seems alot, but if you really think about it, its not. We wont be picking this high again if we get RG3.

foozool13
02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I would rather roll the dice on Manning or Flynn. No brainier to me. No draft picks, just $ and we have enough cap room for it.

normaniii
02-26-2012, 05:54 PM
I would give whatever we need to. On average you only get 2/3 players per draft. I would give up that other one/two player for a franchise QB, 100%.

maralieus
02-26-2012, 06:34 PM
yeah that price is insane. If they do that I will cry. The only player I would give up that much for is Aaron Rodgers.

Bonedoc7777
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
could give that up for barkley next year no matter where they finish

allsilverdreams
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I would give tht up for Rodgers or brees but not an unknown

undefeated72
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Its a very simple equation. If you are Ross and you believe he is the real deal; a future All Pro or "franchise qb" then you make the Rams "an offer they can't refuse." If not you look elsewhere. That simple. Glad its Ross' problem. We get to speculate and debate which is more fun.

Djavelin
02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Not for that many picks, no thanks. We would be better off staying at 8.

Danny
02-26-2012, 08:50 PM
I rather us get Manning or Flynn and use the picks to load up elsewhere....too many holes to come out of this draft with only one player, if he even turns out to be a good QB which none of us know at this point.

Ozzy rules!!

NY8123
02-26-2012, 09:13 PM
The good thing about the rookie wage scale is that it has made it possible to miss in the top5 and not mortgage the farm for the picks like in years prior. The bad news about the new rookie wage scale is the fact that the lower contracts now makes the pick trade more viable to more teams.

Trading what basically is a whole draft is not practical for RGIII. Sorry it isn't worth it to me.

finfan54
02-26-2012, 10:14 PM
i cannot believe how blind people are.

when someone has so much talent, the question ussually becomes, how smart are they? Can they handle information? Can they read a defense on the fly and adjust? Do they have the character to work hard every day at being the best?

These are the types of questions they wonder about when they know someone has the talent. This kis has it all. Smarts, character, pride. He is no more a risk than Luck is. Seriously. RG3 is no risk. Ive seen the Rick Mirer's of this world. Michael Vick had way more risk than this guy ever will. i mean ever. Its a no brainer. And anyone who suggests he is, then you just have no clue what you are talking about.

Miamifin23
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Agree totally with what the guy said earlier about odrick misi etc... Just because you have those picks doesn't mean those guys are going to turn out. Odrick good pick at the end of the 1st rd... Misi... Uuuhhh so so.... A franchise qb trumps all and is an absolute must for this team. If Flynn isn't a fin then it has to tell you something especially with philbin as the coach. RgIII for those 4 picks is ok with me

JJW1339
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
That's not always the case, sometimes you get lucky, like Miami with Marino, NE with Brady, GB with Rogers, just to list a few. All drafted because those teams had good scout personnel.

MARSHALL~LAW
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
RG3 should be the 3rd option. Only give up the farm if you strike out on getting Manning. Somehow, I don't see us striking out on him with as much as you hear about our want for a franchise QB. Get Manning if healthy, keep our picks and load up at other positions, and sell the farm next year for Barkley, when it doesn't matter as much, because most of our holes will be filled this year.

KingDolphin57
02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
You have to pursue Manning first. You don't land him. Trade the picks for RG3. No question about it.