PDA

View Full Version : Cincy Makes a Good Trade Partner

TrojanFin
02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
So I was looking at some mock drafts and the order of the teams picking. I don't think there is enough value for Miami to stay at the 8th pick. After looking looking at the Draft Value Chart... and seeing the needs of certain teams the most viable trade partner I see is the Cincy Bengals. They are in need of a young stud franchise RB and Trent Richardson would be available for the right value at the 8th spot.

Our 8th pick overall is valued at 1400 pts. which would be traded for Cincy's 17th (1st round- 950 pts), 53rd (2nd round- 370 pts) and 116th pick (4th round- 62 pts) valued at a total of 1382 pts. That's about as even a trade as you're going to find, plus Cincy has an additional 1st they can use to address other needs.

With the 17th pick in the first we could then take the BPA available, whether it be a WR, OT or defensive player. I would then use the 2 2nd RD picks to get the best QB and TE. I would use all subsequent picks to address any further OL concerns like OG or D issues based on BPA.

Just my thoughts... get more picks and get more value with the pick. :up:

DKphin
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Believe me, TR is not making it to the 8th spot.

Rhody Phins Fan
02-27-2012, 12:12 PM

I dont see why not. AP dropped to seven. It's certainly a possibility.

fakespike
02-28-2012, 05:22 AM
So I was looking at some mock drafts and the order of the teams picking. I don't think there is enough value for Miami to stay at the 8th pick. After looking looking at the Draft Value Chart... and seeing the needs of certain teams the most viable trade partner I see is the Cincy Bengals. They are in need of a young stud franchise RB and Trent Richardson would be available for the right value at the 8th spot.

Our 8th pick overall is valued at 1400 pts. which would be traded for Cincy's 17th (1st round- 950 pts), 53rd (2nd round- 370 pts) and 116th pick (4th round- 62 pts) valued at a total of 1382 pts. That's about as even a trade as you're going to find, plus Cincy has an additional 1st they can use to address other needs.

With the 17th pick in the first we could then take the BPA available, whether it be a WR, OT or defensive player. I would then use the 2 2nd RD picks to get the best QB and TE. I would use all subsequent picks to address any further OL concerns like OG or D issues based on BPA.

Just my thoughts... get more picks and get more value with the pick. :up:

Dude you stole my sig plan lol. Good idea I agree.

TrojanFin
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
@ dkphin

TR could drop because of his recent knee injury and so it will depend a lot on his Pro Day. Most teams in the top 7 though have bigger needs than RB.

@fakespike

Great minds think alike. :)

KDog13
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I've always liked to entertain a traded with them, I'd actually like both those first though.

Nick13
03-02-2012, 02:48 PM
This is a savvy idea. Miami NEEDS to stockpile picks, and this is a smart way to do it. I can't really see anyone being there at #8 who is going to be a franchise type player for Miami, so I think it makes sense to trade out and get more value somehwere else rather than reach on someone (TED GINN, ANYONE?!). In this scenario, we'd have a chance to address multiple needs, and depending on what happens in FA, it could prove to give us the picks we need to begin looking like a playoff team.

MiamiMuss
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM

I am interested to know who will grab him before 8?...Tampa Bay is the the most likely scenario.Other then them thats it.

edaniel1717
03-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Plus it doesnt have to be TR ....any team could their eye on someone and want to move up....lets see what happens

canesandphins1
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I would like a swap of #1 a 3 this year and try to pry a 1 next year

rev kev
03-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Trade down and grab Poe (let Solai walk)