PDA

View Full Version : Suspect in custody in Ohio high school shooting

Bumpus
02-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I say, chain the mother****er to the gym floor & let the entire school have a whack at his head.

CHARDON, Ohio - A gunman opened fire inside a high school's cafeteria at the start of the school day Monday, wounding five students, officials said. A suspect was in custody.

FBI agent Scott Wilson said there was one suspected shooter. He wouldn't discuss the extent of the students' injuries. The Geauga County Sheriff's Office told CBS News that the suspect turned himself in after being chased out of the school by a teacher.

FBI Special Agent Vicki Anderson said Monday the shooter was taken into custody near his car about half a mile away from the high school.

The sheriff's office identified the victims as four male students and one female student.

Earlier, Civil Deputy Erin Knife of the sheriff's office said the shooting was reported around 7:30 a.m. at the 1,100-student Chardon High School about 30 miles east of Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57385711/suspect-in-custody-in-ohio-high-school-shooting/

SpurzN703
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Civil Deputy Erin Knife. A totally badass last name

dreday
02-27-2012, 01:37 PM
good thing he couldn't shoot worth a damn..i did hear one of the kids died though...

Tunaphish429
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Kids shooting kids..For what?

dreday
02-27-2012, 01:53 PM
apparently bullying is big business....

Tunaphish429
02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
apparently bullying is big business....

But still? I do wonder why these shootings always happen in suburban settings..I went to school in the city of Syracuse ( Which has a bad reputaion btw) and nothing like this ever happend. Are there no guns in inner cities? We barley even had fights because of a no tolerence policy...Are kids just less motivated to do this kinda of stuff there?? Maybe less media coverage?

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I blame Marilyn Manson.

****s ****ed up though. Takes a special kind of psychotic lunatic to murder random people. I went to school with some straight up bangers and that kind of stuff just doesnt happen.

dreday
02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
But still? I do wonder why these shootings always happen in suburban settings..I went to school in the city of Syracuse ( Which has a bad reputaion btw) and nothing like this ever happend. Are there no guns in inner cities? We barley even had fights because of a no tolerence policy...Are kids just less motivated to do this kinda of stuff there?? Maybe less media coverage?

kids are more sensitive in suburbia?:idk:...maybe kids are more likely to submit to programming by the television than they are in other areas...

rob19
02-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Sad news.

Anyone surprised at the balls on this teacher though?

the suspect turned himself in after being chased out of the school by a teacher.

Tunaphish429
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
kids are more sensitive in suburbia?:idk:...maybe kids are more likely to submit to programming by the television than they are in other areas...

Idk but city schools around here get a bad rap...and it pisses me off since I went to one. My gf is a teacher and when she talks to other teachers they all say how they would never wanna teach in the city and could never make enough money to do so..bla bla bla...well to me it sounds like they are just racist... cause I went to city schools...and it was not that long ago..Granted kids mouthed off from time to time..didnt show up...didnt do their work but is that so bad?

Tunaphish429
02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Sad news.

Anyone surprised at the balls on this teacher though?

Kid must have run out of bullets.

DphinBillkiller
02-27-2012, 02:35 PM
It's a crazy world now days where kids aren't even safe at school.

dreday
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
home schooling is an option for people willing to make the sacrifice..or in a situation where both parents can run a business and stay at home...

Vaark
02-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I blame Marilyn Manson.

****s ****ed up though. Takes a special kind of psychotic lunatic to murder random people. I went to school with some straight up bangers and that kind of stuff just doesnt happen.

I know, your friends are more likely to "self-detonate" eh?

Vaark
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
home schooling is an option for people willing to make the sacrifice..or in a situation where both parents can run a business and stay at home...

Not a fan of secreting children away from the realities of the world growing up - including peer socialization skills, exposure to different ethnicities and belief systems and extra curricular sports and other activities. IMO, the tradeoff of a controlled home schooling environment often does a child with an inquisitive mind a disserverice and burdens him/her with a handicap.

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
I know, your friends are more likely to "self-detonate" eh?

Exactly. We keep the senseless violence limited to people who are different than us.

NY8123
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
This **** will happen and it will be tramatic no matter what but as long as humans walk the Earth **** like this will happen.

Kid from a small town (less than 1000 people) 15 miles from where I live killed a 4 year old kid buy beating him with rocks. ****ed up **** happens, it's human nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Smith_(murderer)

Vaark
02-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Exactly. We keep the senseless violence limited to people who are different than us.

you mean anybody without a burka, hajib or keffiyeh?

dreday
02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Not a fan of secreting children away from the realities of the world growing up - including peer socialization skills, exposure to different ethnicities and belief systems and extra curricular sports and other activities. IMO, the tradeoff of a controlled home schooling environment often does a child with an inquisitive mind a disserverice and burdens him/her with a handicap.

better option than being shot at school or succumbing to peer pressures,i.e joining a gang..but what do i know, i have no kids yet.and are the kids really "learning" anything these days?

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
better option than being shot at school or succumbing to peer pressures,i.e joining a gang..but what do i know, i have no kids yet.and are the kids really "learning" anything these days?

Really though? The odds of being shot in school are so minuscule they arent even worth considering. And if the parents have their own lives together and there is a proper family structure, the chances of your child getting involved in banging are slim to none. Almost all the kids I know that got into that lifestyle were basically raised by the streets from a young age.

As far as learning, a kid learns as much in school as they want to. Far too much blame is put on the teachers when in reality the problem is that the students dont care and the parents arent there to ensure that they care.

Im in full agreement with Vaark on the home school thing. Most kids I know that were home schooled ended up a little odd and sheltered. Its perfectly normal for kids to go to school, get in fights, see fights, hear about drugs, be around swearing, get picked on, ect. Its all a part of growing up. You just have to be there as a parent to help them through it. If you do your job as a parent and teach your kid how to respect authority, stay out of trouble and deal with problems, then 99% of the time they are gonna turn out OK.

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
you mean anybody without a burka, hajib or keffiyeh?

Basically. That and gays.

rob19
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM

I agree in principle, but I do think it is possible to home-school successfully without over-sheltering. Tim Tebow & Jason Taylor are good examples of that, though being on a public High-School football team probably helped both of them tremendously in that regard. These might be exceptions and not the rule though, idk, I personally don't know any home-school kids to make any first-hand assessments.

CedarPhin
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Gangs in schools are as big a threat as the Syrians. We just trump them up to scare people.

Homeschooled people are always a little, off. They just don't have any social interaction other than with their crazy parents and probably crazy relatives, hidden away, locked up from the things that go bump in the night.

Vaark
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree in principle, but I do think it is possible to home-school successfully without over-sheltering. Tim Tebow & Jason Taylor are good examples of that, though being on a public High-School football team probably helped both of them tremendously in that regard. These might be exceptions and not the rule though, idk, I personally don't know any home-school kids to make any first-hand assessments.

LOL WTF@our resident stoner??? A Mod??? Now I've seen everything :idk:

dreday
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Really though? The odds of being shot in school are so minuscule they arent even worth considering. And if the parents have their own lives together and there is a proper family structure, the chances of your child getting involved in banging are slim to none. Almost all the kids I know that got into that lifestyle were basically raised by the streets from a young age.

As far as learning, a kid learns as much in school as they want to. Far too much blame is put on the teachers when in reality the problem is that the students dont care and the parents arent there to ensure that they care.

Im in full agreement with Vaark on the home school thing. Most kids I know that were home schooled ended up a little odd and sheltered. Its perfectly normal for kids to go to school, get in fights, see fights, hear about drugs, be around swearing, get picked on, ect. Its all a part of growing up. You just have to be there as a parent to help them through it. If you do your job as a parent and teach your kid how to respect authority, stay out of trouble and deal with problems, then 99% of the time they are gonna turn out OK.

i get that,but in todays society the family structure isnt set up perfectly in most households.i think that is part of the problem.a two parent safe and secure household is more likely to turn out a productive,responsible adult..

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Gangs in schools are as big a threat as the Syrians. We just trump them up to scare people.

Homeschooled people are always a little, off. They just don't have any social interaction other than with their crazy parents and probably crazy relatives, hidden away, locked up from the things that go bump in the night.

Thats honestly probably the biggest reason most home schooled kids are so strange...most parents who home school their kids do it to literally brainwash their kids and make sure they grow up thinking exactly how the parents think. Ive personally seen this.

dreday
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM

haha!!congrats rob!!!!

dreday
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Thats honestly probably the biggest reason most home schooled kids are so strange...most parents who home school their kids do it to literally brainwash their kids and make sure they grow up thinking exactly how the parents think. Ive personally seen this.

as if society doesnt brainwash them enough as it is :dmonster:

dreday
02-27-2012, 03:53 PM

well there it is...ive met some home schooled kids,(including jason taylor,),and these kids seem pretty intelligent and creative to me.is that the "odd" moniker that they are getting compared to todays kids?

Tunaphish429
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM

Haha, Wow...

Rob who did you smoke up?

NY8123
02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
i get that,but in todays society the family structure isnt set up perfectly in most households.i think that is part of the problem.a two parent safe and secure household is more likely to turn out a productive,responsible adult..

It doesn't even have to be a two parent household, all it has to be is TWO parents who are PARENTS! You are never going to stop them from making mistakes but you damn sure can be involved in their lives and teach them what is right and what it wrong. Too many parents pass the responsibility of being a parent off to other institutions (School, Day Care, etc...)

Trust me if the parents don't give a **** the kid isn't going to give a **** either.

NY8123
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Cheap source.

dreday
02-27-2012, 05:16 PM
It doesn't even have to be a two parent household, all it has to be is TWO parents who are PARENTS! You are never going to stop them from making mistakes but you damn sure can be involved in their lives and teach them what is right and what it wrong. Too many parents pass the responsibility of being a parent off to other institutions (School, Day Care, etc...)

Trust me if the parents don't give a **** the kid isn't going to give a **** either.

true..two people with common sense and with a level amount of reasoning can raise a productive person at home thats all im saying.it doesnt mean they cant be around people or be sheltered.however,i am seeing more manginas being raised these days and they seem to be raised by single mothers..of course thats a generalization based comment.

NY8123
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
true..two people with common sense and with a level amount of reasoning can raise a productive person at home thats all im saying.it doesnt mean they cant be around people or be sheltered.however,i am seeing more manginas being raised these days and they seem to be raised by single mothers..of course thats a generalization based comment.

No it's true dude, to many young guys aren't ****ing man enough to raise their kids. "Gotta go **** another hoe so I can show them how many notches are on my belt and a kid ****s that process all up". Mom is left raising a kid and chasing her support down through the courts, which ****s the guys like me who pay on time, every time.

Whole thing is a vicious cycle. I've been known to slam a few heads into a urinal wall or two because they knocked up a woman who was a friend and weren't going to take responsibility for the kid. Nothing says "listen here mother ****er" like a tile wall to the head!

If you don't want the responsibility buy a box of rubbers at the minimum.

dreday
02-27-2012, 05:45 PM
No it's true dude, to many young guys aren't ****ing man enough to raise their kids. "Gotta go **** another hoe so I can show them how many notches are on my belt and a kid ****s that process all up". Mom is left raising a kid and chasing her support down through the courts, which ****s the guys like me who pay on time, every time.

Whole thing is a vicious cycle. I've been known to slam a few heads into a urinal wall or two because they knocked up a woman who was a friend and weren't going to take responsibility for the kid. Nothing says "listen here mother ****er" like a tile wall to the head!

If you don't want the responsibility buy a box of rubbers at the minimum.

i agree,but its also on the woman as she has the final say whos shooting nut up into her..women need to choose better men or else less confusion.men need to do the same...

Filthy Fin
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
i agree,but its also on the woman as she has the final say whos shooting nut up into her..women need to choose better men or else less confusion.men need to do the same...

Not if you feed her a ruffie-colada! Giggity.

Bumpus
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Interesting discussion in here today.

Much of it I agree with wholeheartedly, some of it made me chuckle.

But sometimes the world just produces another mouthbreather who ain't right in the mellon. I think this is a case of one popping his head up this morning.

In a just world, some shoe company would pony up 1,100 pair of steeltoed boots for all of 'em to have a boot party on this mother****er.

NY8123
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Interesting discussion in here today.

Much of it I agree with wholeheartedly, some of it made me chuckle.

But sometimes the world just produces another mouthbreather who ain't right in the mellon. I think this is a case of one popping his head up this morning.

In a just world, some shoe company would pony up 1,100 pair of steeltoed boots for all of 'em to have a boot party on this mother****er.

Some people are just here to make sure the plants have enough CO2. The conversion of Oxygen to CO2 is the only thing they are good at.