PDA

View Full Version : Santorum: JFK makes me want to throw up

Locke
02-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Rick Santorum is high on religion. So high, in fact, that he wants religious institutions like the Catholic Church to have power in government, which would be totally unprecedented in the history of America. Santorum appeared on ABC on Sunday morning and told George Stephanopolis that church and state should not be separate and then proceeded to insult John F. Kennedy’s legacy of upholding the principle of religious tolerance and freedom.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/26/rick-santorum-insults-jfk-says-separation-of-church-and-state-makes-him-want-to-vomit/

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the man leading the polls for the Republican nomination. I hope this guy gets the nomination, for no other reason than to see how much of a landslide Obama would win by. I'm betting an entire blue electoral map except for Arizona, and a few of the bible-belt states...

tylerdolphin
02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/iN0Ah-1.gif

CedarPhin
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Rick Santorum wants to make me throw up and laugh at his angry leprechaun act incessently.

CedarPhin
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
If the GOP nominates that joker, might as well get the dirt ready to throw on.

studsatele
02-27-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/26/rick-santorum-insults-jfk-says-separation-of-church-and-state-makes-him-want-to-vomit/

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the man leading the polls for the Republican nomination. I hope this guy gets the nomination, for no other reason than to see how much of a landslide Obama would win by. I'm betting an entire blue electoral map except for Arizona, and a few of the bible-belt states...Wow! Possibly the most evil organization in history. Popes have to be on par with folks like Napoleon and Hitler for the sheer number of people who have died as a result of their orders. And he wants them to have a controling stake in our government.

LouPhinFan
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Santorum-Palin in 2012 I tell you!! Oh the sketches SNL could come up with about that ticket!!

WSE
02-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I thought his comments about education were worse, but either or this man is full of fails. If the Republicans want to nominate a religious nut, so be it

Dogbone34
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Santorum is done.

studsatele
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Santorum-Palin in 2012 I tell you!! Oh the sketches SNL could come up with about that ticket!!Ron Paul/Gary Johnson or Jesse Ventura 2012!

Valandui
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the man leading the polls for the Republican nomination. I hope this guy gets the nomination, for no other reason than to see how much of a landslide Obama would win by. I'm betting an entire blue electoral map except for Arizona, and a few of the bible-belt states...
So he thinks the first amendment is wrong and insults one of our greatest presidents? Great job. Good thing this guys not unelectable like Ron Paul.

LANGER72
02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Santorum had his Howard Dean moment... toast. Looks like it will be Rombama or Obama Bin Biden 2.0...Oy Vey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYhU6jfIR8&feature=related

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYhU6jfIR8&feature=related)

Locke
02-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Santorum had his Howard Dean moment... toast. Looks like it will be Rombama or Obama Bin Biden 2.0...Oy Vey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYhU6jfIR8&feature=related

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYhU6jfIR8&feature=related)

These muslim "jokes" are old, and were never funny. Time for people to let it go...

LANGER72
02-27-2012, 06:49 PM
These muslim "jokes" are old, and were never funny. Time for people to let it go...

Sorry to offend you. I will be more careful in the future.

Locke
02-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Sorry to offend you. I will be more careful in the future.

:lol:

Whatever you say boss. I'd just think a dude in his 40s would be past the middle school horse ****...

LANGER72
02-27-2012, 06:59 PM
:lol:

Whatever you say boss. I'd just think a dude in his 40s would be past the middle school horse ****...

I will keep this statement of yours in mind while reading abundance of random juvenile comments going forward.
Sheesh...more regulations...lol

GoonBoss
02-27-2012, 09:19 PM
The separation of church and state is not in the Constitution. That's a fact. It was a statement by Jefferson that leads to intent.

It's funny how the left will use Jefferson's quotes to advance agenda, then, will demonize him as a slave owner and scoundrel when his
well known stance on gun issues are brought up.

Can't have it both ways people.

It's clear what "Separation of Church and State" is. It's an abolishment of an establishment of a state religion. It's ****ing absolutely clear from any study of US history.

Full disclosure; I'm not a Christian.

Valandui
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
The separation of church and state is not in the Constitution. That's a fact. It was a statement by Jefferson that leads to intent.

It's funny how the left will use Jefferson's quotes to advance agenda, then, will demonize him as a slave owner and scoundrel when his

It's clear what "Separation of Church and State" is. It's an abolishment of an establishment of a state religion. It's ****ing absolutely clear from any study of US history.

You're right. I was referring to the fact that the first amendment, or at least the religion portion of it, was specifically set up to keep us from having a national church, which Santorum seems to want to do based of his statement.

CedarPhin
02-28-2012, 04:39 AM

Jefferson is probably one of the greatest Americans to ever live. Dude was fluent in Arabic and read/knew the Koran. He had slaves, but back then, most everyone did.

He was absolutely brilliant.

CedarPhin
02-28-2012, 04:41 AM
I wonder how long he'd stick to his stance about religion having a role in the government if a Muslim were to come into office?

He keeps bringing the LULZ.

LANGER72
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
You're right. I was referring to the fact that the first amendment, or at least the religion portion of it, was specifically set up to keep us from having a national church, which Santorum seems to want to do based of his statement.

Anytime the candidates show favoritism towards their our brand of religion, that really turns off the voters.
People need to keep their faith in their home, and out of politics IMHO.
I am a christian, and I do not want to hear about it. We need brilliant, sensible, and reliable leadership, not another moral compass lead by the teachings of his or her's pastor or clergy.
That approach might have worked 40-50 years ago, but not anymore.

Jefferson was a great man, all of the founding fathers were exceptional. The separation clause is necessary and another example of Jefferson's brilliance.

NY8123
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
The separation of Church and State isn't a new concept, they executed Socrates because of the lack of it.

Faith is a private matter and the separation of church and state must be maintained if you want a non-bias atmosphere for every citizen of the US to obtain an education in.

The influence of religions will always be there anyway, the teachers, students and parents have a faith so it is inevitable that some of that faith spills over into the schools you just have to keep it as neutral as possible to avoid the issue of imposing a belief based idea verses a fact based idea like Mathematics or History. The closest you come in schools to religion is Philosophy which to me is the study of belief based ideas with the notion of understanding both sides of the belief.

Valandui
02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I think faith absolutely has a place in government. It influences the way people think and make decisions. However, to want to give an organized body such as the Catholic Church or the Mormon Church actual official power in the government is a complete travesty and goes against the very intent of the first amendment.

CedarPhin
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
The term "faith" is subjective. Faith in what? For most, it's the faith that they'll get some sort of kickback for voting one way or the other.

It doesn't influence anything anyone does in civic life, special interests do that for them.

CedarPhin
02-28-2012, 04:55 PM
You can't have one person's faith writing policy that will govern millions of people. It's unfair to subject anyone to that. That's how you wind up with the battles over gay marriage and abortion. Total cluster****.

For me, it has zero place. I don't want to live under some law someone writes because he/she feels compelled to do so by his religious beliefs.

You can have your beliefs on your time, but when it's our time, please keep them parked at the front gate.

CedarPhin
03-04-2012, 05:29 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/03/MN3Q1N9EV9.DTL

T (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/03/MN3Q1N9EV9.DTL)his guy is an idiot.

studsatele
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/03/MN3Q1N9EV9.DTL

T (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/03/MN3Q1N9EV9.DTL)his guy is an idiot.I couldnt care less about nullifying gay marriages. Its the whole catholic church possesing fedreal authority. That is a scary, scary thought.

Locke
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I know I keep saying it, but this guy keeps reinforcing it's truth: Santorum even being a plausible candidate for the Presidency is a testament to how far this country has fallen, and how out-of-touch with the founding fathers we are...

studsatele
03-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I know I keep saying it, but this guy keeps reinforcing it's truth: Santorum even being a plausible candidate for the Presidency is a testament to how far this country has fallen, and how out-of-touch with the founding fathers we are...Way i see it. I agree with Ron Paul, its a states rights issue. If i live in a state that allows gays to marry, i can move to another state that doesnt allow it. But if you let an institution as arrogant as the vatican, gain controlling power of our government. Everybody, gay or straight that isnt catholic is screwed. But thats my opinion.

CedarPhin
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Why demonize the Catholics?

Any religion with a bunch of influence/power in a country would be scary.

Valandui
03-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Why demonize the Catholics?

Any religion with a bunch of influence/power in a country would be scary.
They're an easy target because they're the the biggest, most organized, and most powerful one. The only really comparable one is the Mormon Church, but the Catholic Church (as an operational body, not necessarily the followers of the religion) has an extensive history of starting wars and brutally persecuting non-believers in the past. Not saying it's right, but it does make them an easy target.

CedarPhin
03-05-2012, 03:28 AM
The Pope's the most powerful dude in the world. Believe that.

Valandui
03-05-2012, 05:54 AM
The Pope's the most powerful dude in the world. Believe that.
I do.

Vaark
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
If there was a Short Bus for politicians, Sanitorium would be the aisle monitor.

CedarPhin
03-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Obummer's going to steamroll whomever the R's throw up against him in November.

studsatele
03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Obummer's going to steamroll whomever the R's throw up against him in November.Yes, because the ''GOP'' refuses to put Ron Paul on stage with Obama. Cant have the truth told to the people.