PDA

View Full Version : Post-Acquired-Peyton-Mock

mandal24
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
So this draft will assume the following occur...
Rams trade 2nd pick overall to Redskins for Redskins 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st round picks (ouch)
Browns acquire Matt Flynn via FA
Dolphins acquire Peyton Manning via FA

Round 1 Mock plus 3 total round Dolphin picks-
Colts- Andrew Luck
Redskins- RG3
Vikings- Matt Kalil (top LT prospect in some years)
Browns- Justin Blackmon (Browns need infusion of offensive firepower)
Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne (Ronde Barber is 125 years old)
Rams- Riley Reiff (Protection of Bradford is #1 priority)
Jaguars- Quinton Coples (Need pass rushers in the worst way)

Dolphins- David DeCastro OG
Logic: DeCastro is a plug-in start from Day 1 and will be a pro bowler for years to come. He's Steve Hutchinson-esque. Nasty run-blocker and solid pass protector. With Manning's health in question, he'll be assured protection. Unfortunately there are no top tier tackles at this spot but I think Jerry and Murtha can fight for that spot. Plus, OGs, Nicks and Grubbs will get huuuge contracts. There are also other FA RT options- Jared Gaither (only 25 y/o) and Anthony Collins (only 26 y/o).
*I am curious to see what would happen with Trent Richardson still on board at this point. Might be nice to add him as with Bush, although great in 2011, there's always a risk for injury and Daniel Thomas nothing special last year. Plus we could acquire extra picks if someone were to fall in love with him. (Bengals perhaps? they have 2 first round picks)

Round 2- Coby Fleener TE
Logic: Not elite, but superb talent at the Tight End position. Has potential to take over starting TE position. Excellent red zone threat.

Round 3- Andre Branch/Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB
Logic: So I'm going to assume we will be playing more 4-3 and with that I think one of these guys have the potential to start Day 1 opposite Wake. When it comes to converting to a 3-4 edge rusher, these guys might take some time to develop.

wizkhalifa23
02-27-2012, 11:42 PM
please stop it with the guard at number 8 talk that would be beyond dumb when you have playmakers like d. poe, Ingram, nick perry, and or a playmaking reciever dont mind fleener but Mercilus won't last till the third round might even push the first

Kdawg954
02-27-2012, 11:43 PM
I can live with those first 2 picks but Mercilus is probably a first rounder. Bruce Irvin off the edge could be enticing in the 3rd round but he probably goes higher now.

Kdawg954
02-27-2012, 11:45 PM
please stop it with the guard at number 8 talk that would be beyond dumb when you have playmakers like d. poe, Ingram, nick perry, and or a playmaking reciever dont mind fleener but Mercilus won't last till the third round might even push the first

So when you have Decastro pulling, bulling over players in the run game springing Reggie for big yardage . . . you don't qualify that as a "playmaker"? This isn't Vernon Carey we are talking here . . . watching Decastro and Pouncey next year would be extremely exciting.

Canadi-Phin
02-27-2012, 11:52 PM
So when you have Decastro pulling, bulling over players in the run game springing Reggie for big yardage . . . you don't qualify that as a "playmaker"? This isn't Vernon Carey we are talking here . . . watching Decastro and Pouncey next year would be extremely exciting.

I do agree that Decastro would be the safest and maybe the best pick at 8 but a passrusher in our spot will be very enticing. I think most of them will be left and we are truly missing that piece. Hard to argue looking at Long-Decastro-Pouncey on one side of our line for the next 5 years. But if Coples falls, Or Upshaw to play across from Wake would be very nice

wizkhalifa23
02-28-2012, 12:08 AM
not sure if you ever watched this guy decastro he's not that great I'd take a bet that the best offensive linemen from this class won't be Decastro plus that would be a total of 4 first rounders spent on the Oline and people wonder why we suck lol look at some of the best lineman in the NFl guarantee you they were not picked in the top 10 you can find guards anywhere the reason other teams or so good is casue they address playmakers with their first round picks I love how we invest our whole franchise in the Oline when we don't have a QB worth a damn for them to protect

mandal24
02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
The only reason why I say we MUST draft an Olinemen is because in talks between Manning and the Fins FO, Manning will demand the Fins get OL help on the right side and rightfully so, one hit and this guy is done. So its either DeCastro or spending a $50 million on Nicks/Grubbs plus Coples is a fraud. I'd take Ingram but in the middle of the 1st. DeCastro is a sure fire pro bowler, one of the few in the 1st round.

mandal24
02-28-2012, 12:30 AM
not sure if you ever watched this guy decastro he's not that great I'd take a bet that the best offensive linemen from this class won't be Decastro plus that would be a total of 4 first rounders spent on the Oline and people wonder why we suck lol look at some of the best lineman in the NFl guarantee you they were not picked in the top 10 you can find guards anywhere the reason other teams or so good is casue they address playmakers with their first round picks I love how we invest our whole franchise in the Oline when we don't have a QB worth a damn for them to protect

Your word against every scout/draft analyst i've heard/read. Everyone of them say he is probably the safest, most sure-fire guy in this years draft.

Roman529
02-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Mike Mayock said the only sure thing first round O-lineman was Kalil.....every O-lineman after him has some issues, and I don' think any of them are close to a Steve Hutchinson. I think our first pick will be a Defensive player...either a D-lineman/pass rusher or a Linebacker who also can be used to pressure QB's. I think Courtney Upshaw had a pretty disappointing Combine and many people said he looked disinterested and lackadaisical today. I think Kuechly of Boston College really stepped up.....Melvin Ingram also had a nice Combine, so they could be the pick. If we go with Offense in the first round, I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a QB like Tannehill even if we sign P. Manning.

mandal24
02-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Mike Mayock said the only sure thing first round O-lineman was Kalil.....every O-lineman after him has some issues, and I don' think any of them are close to a Steve Hutchinson. I think our first pick will be a Defensive player...either a D-lineman/pass rusher or a Linebacker who also can be used to pressure QB's. I think Courtney Upshaw had a pretty disappointing Combine and many people said he looked disinterested and lackadaisical today. I think Kuechly of Boston College really stepped up.....Melvin Ingram also had a nice Combine, so they could be the pick. If we go with Offense in the first round, I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a QB like Tannehill even if we sign P. Manning.

I disagree. I believe if we get Manning, we will go "all in" and get all the offensive horsepower to help Manning out. Whether thats Reiff, DeCastro, Blackmon or even Richardson. Our defense was solid last year so even if they fall some next year, they'll still be good enough to be in the top 15 in the league

KDog13
02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Mercilus is going in the first round, bank on it

wizkhalifa23
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Your word against every scout/draft analyst i've heard/read. Everyone of them say he is probably the safest, most sure-fire guy in this years draft.

Yea all the same analyst that I'm sure thought that all the other guards selected in front of Jhari Evans were sure fire goin to be better than him when he was selected in the 4th round?? Nice you can find lineman damn near anywhere or maybe Carl Nicks all the guards in front of him were sure fire also which is why he wen't in the 5th round or josh sitton of the packers who was a fourth round pick this just proves my point that usually the best guards are drafted in the later rounds by the smart teams which is why they are successful and the dolphins continue to suck because there afraid to make a ballsy call and take a playmaker come on man

mandal24
02-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Yea all the same analyst that I'm sure thought that all the other guards selected in front of Jhari Evans were sure fire goin to be better than him when he was selected in the 4th round?? Nice you can find lineman damn near anywhere or maybe Carl Nicks all the guards in front of him were sure fire also which is why he wen't in the 5th round or josh sitton of the packers who was a fourth round pick this just proves my point that usually the best guards are drafted in the later rounds by the smart teams which is why they are successful and the dolphins continue to suck because there afraid to make a ballsy call and take a playmaker come on man

you just named like 2 or 3 guards in the last 2 or 3 years of a 7 round draft. that equates to about a 1 in about 70 chance of finding a guard in the draft, let alone the "late" part of the draft. why not go with the sure-fire guy. especially when its going to be used to protect peyton freaking manning. Or would you rather john jerry and nate garner battle it out for the rg spot. smh

DcRy82
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I love hearing the different scenarios that you guys come up with. They could all be great, but it will ultimately come down to what we do in FA. Guys, quit knocking each other's ideas because none of us know what free agency will bring. We may sign a pass rusher, or a guard, or a RT, or a safety, a QB, a vet WR... Or a combination of 2 or 3. So how about instead of knocking people's draft ideas, think about what we could do in FA to make that a good scenario. It all goes together, and nobody's scenario for the first 2 picks should be scrutinized until we know what FA brings.

finfan54
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM

dude....just give it up.

if we trade down decastro would be perfect pick up at that point. teams looking for pass rushers and that is our best chance to drop down IMO. Nothing wrong with decastro. Every scout in creation knows Decastro has all the skill and nastiness. All I had to see him in was the pull drill. He is a natural. square hips and smooth pancakitis. Just plug him in day one and never look back.

wizkhalifa23
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
you just named like 2 or 3 guards in the last 2 or 3 years of a 7 round draft. that equates to about a 1 in about 70 chance of finding a guard in the draft, let alone the "late" part of the draft. why not go with the sure-fire guy. especially when its going to be used to protect peyton freaking manning. Or would you rather john jerry and nate garner battle it out for the rg spot. smh

No what I did is name 3 of the TOP 5 guards in the league disagree? and I hope your not a betting man cause I would bet that I can find a guard in this draft in fact 100% I can find a guard lol and its not written in stone that were getting peyton manning maybe we wouldn't of had to worry about a guard if our office didn't flop on a bunch of guards in the draft already I mean look how much we have invested in our line in the past few years it's ridiculous and the fact that the line still sucks has to say something I mean jeasus lets just draft Olineman for the rest of our lifetime plus if you want to protect peyton wouldn't you prefer a tackle who's job is pass protecting as appose to running?? it's about value and OG at 8 is horrible value

wizkhalifa23
02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
dude....just give it up.

if we trade down decastro would be perfect pick up at that point. teams looking for pass rushers and that is our best chance to drop down IMO. Nothing wrong with decastro. Every scout in creation knows Decastro has all the skill and nastiness. All I had to see him in was the pull drill. He is a natural. square hips and smooth pancakitis. Just plug him in day one and never look back.

lol maybe if we trade to 20 or something lets take the superbowl champs for instance we passed up on JPP a few years ago DUMB!! and moved down to take a non playmaking 3-4 end thats real good that worked out real good you need pass rushers in the NFL to be successful and not just came wake which is what the giants proved by drafting at a postion they were already deep at the key is they drafted on value which is what the dolphins NEVER DO! hence we suck I mean come on and on Decastro a mean streak is the last thing I saw in this guy you clearly have never watched him play and just listen to all the scouts blow steam up everyone's *** why don't you people do some homework and make your own opinions as appose to riding the scouts coatail there are alot more enticing guards in this draft that we could get alot cheaper

finfan54
02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
lol maybe if we trade to 20 or something lets take the superbowl champs for instance we passed up on JPP a few years ago DUMB!! and moved down to take a non playmaking 3-4 end thats real good that worked out real good you need pass rushers in the NFL to be successful and not just came wake which is what the giants proved by drafting at a postion they were already deep at the key is they drafted on value which is what the dolphins NEVER DO! hence we suck I mean come on and on Decastro a mean streak is the last thing I saw in this guy you clearly have never watched him play and just listen to all the scouts blow steam up everyone's *** why don't you people do some homework and make your own opinions as appose to riding the scouts coatail there are alot more enticing guards in this draft that we could get alot cheaper

If the jets getg decastro, they just became a much better football team. and dont make me explain it to you.

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 01:55 AM
If the jets getg decastro, they just became a much better football team. and dont make me explain it to you.

no need to they have a later pick in which decastro would not be as bad a value as he is at 8 plus im fine with the jets takin him in fact I wish they would I love to see mark sanchez keep sucking behind a little better oline