PDA

View Full Version : the 8th overall pick if we stay put

malzacher
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
There is no doubt that Miami can go in a number of directions in this draft. If Miami decideds to draft a pass rushher, I think Ingram is the choice over Coples. Or should be. There is no denying Coples talent level but i think Ingram is the prototypical De/Lb Miami Covets based on the defense we'll run. Miami is looking for a another high motor guy. Ingrams intangeles are unique in that he can drop into coverage and rush the passer. Ingram can play OLB and ILB in a 3-4 and also play Defensive End in a 4-3. His ability to read the offense quickly and react is second to none. Another perk is that Ingram has very sticky hands and can catch for a DE/Lb. He was on the Hands team in college on kickoffs. Something Coyle wants this defense to do, catch the ball and create turnovers.

mandal24
02-28-2012, 12:25 AM
I like Igram the most as far as the DE/OLBers go. He's a little shorter than the prototypical "Parcells" guy but I hope Ireland is done listening to that buffoon.

arammell
02-28-2012, 12:33 AM
I hope a playmaker falls that can immediately make an inpact. Blackmon or Richardson! Hopefully Peyton is a healthy Dolphin and we can address RT with the number 8

SanDiegoFinFan7
02-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Yea we need a RT to solidify the right side for peyton. Im thinkin Reily Reiff, guys a beast.

umpalu
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Coples is Vernon Gholston 2.0 IMO, but if we draft him I hope I am wrong.

DolFan530
02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I am a UGA grad and saw all I ever wanted to of Ingram and glad he is gone haha. He may be "small" but the guy is a beast he played hard and def is a high effort guy, he can play w/ or w/o his hand in the ground and has good ability in space though he is a great edge rusher. He plays with good leverage and is very quick with his foot movement and instincts.

If we stay put it all depends on our FA moves. Say we get like Avril or Reggie Nelson or both and move Jones over to SS I would def look for an offensive player in the draft to bulk up our O. But if we get either of the Qb's we are rumored to be attached to and a guard or outside skill player to go with that QB I would most certainly look Ingram or Kuechly in the 1st and a very D focused draft

datruth55
02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Coples is Vernon Gholston 2.0 IMO, but if we draft him I hope I am wrong.

I see Coples as a 4-3 DE only, he doesn't give us the versatility to switch fronts (3-4 or 4-3) that I think we want. I wish Upshaw would have run at the combine but I think the choice is between him and Melvin Ingram IMO. I haven't seen the workouts today but I'd like to get a good look at Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus and Olivier Vernon who I think are tweeners that could give us the versatility to switch fronts and still be effective.

72 silky
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I hope a playmaker falls that can immediately make an inpact. Blackmon or Richardson! Hopefully Peyton is a healthy Dolphin and we can address RT with the number 8I'm cunfused. Is it Blackmon/ Richardson or a RT

WaxOn WaxOff
02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Not a RT. That is the only move that I would think is completely stupid.
Richardson-great
Blackmon-OK
Couples or Ingram or Upshaw-Fine
Kuechley-so-so
Right OT- Stupid
(This is assuming we answer QB before the draft.)

Roman529
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
I think Melvin Ingram or Kuechly would be the best fit, if we don't trade down. Courtney Upshaw had a bad Combine according to Mike Mayock and seemed disinterested in the drills. Coples had a bad senior year and we dont need anymore lazy players. I don't think any Wide Receivers are worth taking at #8, and we have no shot at Blackmon. I also don't see us taking a RB like Richardson that early. Ingram is versatile and can rush the passer, tackle, make big hits.

2413fanphins
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Id be happy with ingram or keuchly. Claiborne slips, and im all ovef him. Offensively, id just soon not take reiff a 8. Ive seen every game, he is no #8prob pick fellas. Lots of guys will be there in rd 2pick that can help on the right side. I we go offense at 8th it can only be because i blackmon, or Richardson. Fell. Or we take our qb than. If its rich there, i look to trade out. Blackmon, i take him.

finfan54
02-28-2012, 06:37 PM
If Cordy Glenn is there at 41 take him.

Ingram
Glenn would be nice!

foozool13
02-28-2012, 08:35 PM
1. Melvin Ingram
2. Michael Brockers
3. BPA

Stay away from Devon Still at ALL costs.

MiamiDolphin618
02-28-2012, 09:10 PM
1. Melvin Ingram
2. Michael Brockers
3. BPA

Stay away from Devon Still at ALL costs.
Michael Brockers in the second would be a steal IMO. I like Ingram, but he wouldnt be my pick at 8. In a trade down though I would be down.

fgrocker
02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Richardson-great
Blackmon-OK
Kuechley-so-so
Right OT- Stupid

Madden draft!

baddraft07
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Coples is a beast and would be a huge asset to da team. Trust me on that.

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 02:08 AM
There is no doubt that Miami can go in a number of directions in this draft. If Miami decideds to draft a pass rushher, I think Ingram is the choice over Coples. Or should be. There is no denying Coples talent level but i think Ingram is the prototypical De/Lb Miami Covets based on the defense we'll run. Miami is looking for a another high motor guy. Ingrams intangeles are unique in that he can drop into coverage and rush the passer. Ingram can play OLB and ILB in a 3-4 and also play Defensive End in a 4-3. His ability to read the offense quickly and react is second to none. Another perk is that Ingram has very sticky hands and can catch for a DE/Lb. He was on the Hands team in college on kickoffs. Something Coyle wants this defense to do, catch the ball and create turnovers.

Ingram has the look of a Dwight Freeney clone he has a arsenal of pass rush moves which is rare for someone coming out of college with great athleticism to go along with it plus he is strong as an ox and had very good lateral movements for someone his size which indicates we could use him when we run a 4-3 or 3-4 I would love this guy with the pick MIAMI NEEDS PLAYMAKERS!! no more OL bust please

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Richardson-great
Blackmon-OK
Kuechley-so-so
Right OT- Stupid

Thank you, guard would be worse pick but im glad to see there are some sensible fans on this site just say no to OL in the first

Zounds
02-29-2012, 09:03 AM
At pick 8, I'm just hoping we avoid an Reiff and Coples. I'd be happy with Richardson, Kuechly, or Upshaw at 8, but I think we will try to trade down if Richardson falls to us. I'm hoping for a skill position player, but it appears we will have to trade back a bit to grab one and avoid the ridicule of reaching for a player.

2413fanphins
02-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Im leaning towards a claiborne, keuchley first round. Unless qb is in play. I think there will be a guard/right tackle to be had in the second. If fleener is around at at 41, id hope we land him. Leaving us with solidifying the right side side of the ol in the third, and i doubt my target od osemele will still be available. All the more reason to hope richardson falls to 8the and we find a trade partner, to gain an additional 2nd rounder maybe he more.. ideally with three picks in two rounds we could get three solid players if not starters.