PDA

View Full Version : Safe pick choice

Canadi-Phin
02-29-2012, 03:02 AM
If we stay at 8 which of these three would you rather take. Kuechley at MLB who has the look apparently of a 10 year starter, Decastro who has the look of a 10 year starter, or Richardson who has the look of a 8 year rb in the league. All three are solid players and the best I the draft at their positions but play a position that most believe you can get in later rounds that would be quality. So who do you take??

For me I think I would lean towards Decastro, having Long, him and Pouncey playing together to the next 8-10 years just seems ridiculous.

Zounds
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
For me I think I would lean towards Decastro, having Long, him and Pouncey playing together to the next 8-10 years just seems ridiculous.

While we do need to upgrade our RG and RT positions, I'd like to think Ireland is aware that we could have 3 lineman in thier 2nd contracts in 4-5 years, commanding $8 to $12 million a year each. Having $30 million a year tied up in your OL will be a cap killer. What team spends 25% of its cap on just the OL? When Pouncey or Decastro/Reiff reach their second contracts, it probably means we won't be able to keep Jake Long. The idea is to get some good OL guys like Long and Pouncey, and plug in some lower profile guys in between. I'll say no to any OL.

2413fanphins
02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Give me keuchely. That defensive anchor would be huge. Plenty of serviceable OL to be had in round two or three. Zeitler, osemele, sanders to name a few.

3rdandinches
02-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Ask Manning who he wants and call it a day.

tay0365
03-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Kuechley, if he is even half as instictive as Zach was, the Dolphins defense will rarely be out of position.

jim1
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd rather use Misi at ILB and take DeCastro.

X-Pacolypse
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Either Ingram or DeCastro.

Stefins
03-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I say take T Richardson as a safe pick.

DKphin
03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Give me keuchely. That defensive anchor would be huge. Plenty of serviceable OL to be had in round two or three. Zeitler, osemele, sanders to name a few.I like DeCastro, but you make a good point that there is a lot of OL in this draft. I would be all for Kuechly if we trade down. I think 8 is a little too rich. Not saying he is not a good player, but I think there will be better value at that spot.

2413fanphins
03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I like DeCastro, but you make a good point that there is a lot of OL in this draft. I would be all for Kuechly if we trade down. I think 8 is a little too rich. Not saying he is not a good player, but I think there will be better value at that spot.

I agree its a bit rich for keuchly, i think its high for decastro as well honestly, and ive mentioned numerous times of trading down if trich falls to us....so i guess my answer should have been richardson, so we can trade out of the pic. Hahaha

jlfin
03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree its a bit rich for keuchly, i think its high for decastro as well honestly, and ive mentioned numerous times of trading down if trich falls to us....so i guess my answer should have been richardson, so we can trade out of the pic. Hahaha

Not if he becomes a perennial pro bowler. MLB is the QB of your defense and vastly more valuable than any G.

allsilverdreams
03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I THINK HAVING DANSBY HERE ONLY HURTS OUR CHANCE AT keuchly.NO WAY HE BECOMES THE QB ON YHE D SIDE OF THE BALL WITH DANSBY HERE

Morey161
03-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Offensive line.

LANGER72
03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
1. Out the 3 players mentioned, Kuechly fills a need, replacing Misi. A great player, and safe, wise pick that will create salary cap options in the future.
2. TRich would be a great addition to alternate with Bush(contract year coming up) and replace DT(I think he sucks). The guy looks like an all-pro in the making IMHO. I would really love this pick @8. Short yardage and goal line, he would be money.
3. DeCastro is the safe pick, but was mentioned, the are plenty of good OG/OT to be had in the 2nd round. How much of the cap is prudent to invest in offensive linemen?

LANGER72
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I THINK HAVING DANSBY HERE ONLY HURTS OUR CHANCE AT keuchly.NO WAY HE BECOMES THE QB ON YHE D SIDE OF THE BALL WITH DANSBY HERE

The thinking is that down the road, Dansby will not be there. Maybe a trade? It creates flexibility to reduce the cap.

Elliott 1
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Some people just get too caught up in all the hoopla.

A look at film and and examination of, "body of work," would clearly show that Luke Kuechly is on another level completely. Barring injury, Kuechly is almost a shoe in for the Hall Of Fame, and he hasn't even played a snap. He really is that good.