PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tek 7 round mock 2/29/12

jim1
02-29-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

I like Massie, but passing on Weeden would pis me off to no end- I'd take Fleener before Massie, too. Take RT Mosely in the 4th- that dude is very good at the LOS and more athletic than most think.

1. David DeCastro
2. Brandon Weeden
3. Joe Adams
4. Brandon Mosely

Zounds
02-29-2012, 10:19 AM
These guys cant be serious - Riley Reiff as an alternate #2 pick? Trent Richardson as a possible Jacksonville pick? Dre Kirkpatrick at #5 overall? Andre Branch at #12 overall, or possible at #10 to Buffalo? wth

TheBow305
02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. Although I would prefer Illoka in the 3rd, and Brian Quick in the 5th.

Roman529
02-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a feeling Sherman will draft Tannehill at QB with our 8th overall pick...especially if we sign P. Manning.....we are going to need a QB to groom for later on. I think Manning, Moore and Tannehill will be our QB's in 2012. Weeden is older than Flynn, but he seems very smart and mature, so I think another option would be going after Weeden in round two, and taking a guy like Ingram with our 8th pick.

LANGER72
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a feeling Sherman will draft Tannehill at QB with our 8th overall pick...especially if we sign P. Manning.....we are going to need a QB to groom for later on. I think Manning, Moore and Tannehill will be our QB's in 2012. Weeden is older than Flynn, but he seems very smart and mature, so I think another option would be going after Weeden in round two, and taking a guy like Ingram with our 8th pick.

Using a #8 pick for a guy (Tannehill) that will probably sit on the bench for the next 2-3 years doesn't seem so sexy.

Valandui
02-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Using a #8 pick for a guy (Tannehill) that will probably sit on the bench for the next 2-3 years doesn't seem so sexy.
It's hedging your bets against Manning being too hurt to play and planning for the future. Pretty smart move to me.

MiamiDolphin618
02-29-2012, 06:37 PM
It's hedging your bets against Manning being too hurt to play and planning for the future. Pretty smart move to me.
I can see both sides. It would be smart to plan ahead and Tannehill would be a great guy to develop. I can also see the other side where your getting Peyton, you have a small window of great opportunity so you should draft someone who is going to make an impact immediately and help Peyton win. Its a double edged sword

LANGER72
02-29-2012, 07:11 PM

If Clarbourne, Richardson, or Blackmon are there are #8, you take a back up QB?
I am not sold on Tannehill at #8. I think that is a tremendous reach for IMHO a 2nd tier QB.
I would rather take the BPA at #8, even an intriguing player like DT Poe, or OL for example that can help us now and then grab a 2nd tier QB project in rounds 2-3 for 2-3 years down the road.
Matt Moore is in the fold if Peyton Struggles or gets re injured.

Fin Thirteen
02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
The projections seem particularly erratic this year. I've seen mocks with Tannehill at 13 and also in the 4th round. Burfict in the second and the 5th. Dre Kirkpatrick top 10 and second round. Ledarius Green in the second and the fifth. Thats just a small sample. It's a very fluid situation with a lot of divided opinion. Seem to be relatively few elite picks and a lot of similarly talented guys in the middle range, only separated by personal preference. Much less pecking order at each position than previous years.

Hard to know if a team is reaching for or underestimating a player.