PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill vs RG3 this year.....RG3 who?? Tannehill looked way better see for yourself

cleezy13
02-29-2012, 04:37 PM
With Tannehill having such little body of work ( A&Ms Leading reciever before he switched to qb) this kids upside has huge potential esp at 6'4 220 and is a great runner. He is smart, has great pocket presence, can absolutely sling it, throws good on the run, steps into all his throws even when hes under pressure, can make all the throws at the next level and more importantly he beat the heisman trophey winner RG3 convincingly who was none exsitant when under pressure!!!......Now I know RGs stats were better at the end of the year but RG was in an easy offense with tons of talent and Tannehill wasnt that far off and Ill say it again this kid was a reciever not a qb until he had to fill that roll and stepped right in!! Check out the game see for yourself. This kid is legit and we def should grab him in my oppinion!! RG3 is big hype yeah he ran a 4.3 and can sling it...Well so can mike vick and vick was electrifying and has a way better arm then RG3 dont get me wrong but he was also big hype as well....And last time I checked all that athletic ability and top 10 plays translated into 0 superbowl appearences and 0 division champs...Just saying!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HT57THwIZwg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
HT57THwIZwg

arammell
02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Man! Tannehill is a stud! I think this video just sold me on Peyton in FA and Tannehill at 8!!! That is if Washington doesn't take him at 6...

With Tannehill having such little body of work ( A&Ms Leading reciever before he switched to qb) this kids upside has huge potential esp at 6'4 220 and is a great runner. He is smart, has great pocket presence, can absolutely sling it, throws good on the run, steps into all his throws even when hes under pressure, can make all the throws at the next level and more importantly he beat the heisman trophey winner RG3 convincingly who was none exsitant when under pressure!!!......Now I know RGs stats were better at the end of the year but RG was in an easy offense with tons of talent and Tannehill wasnt that far off and Ill say it again this kid was a reciever not a qb until he had to fill that roll and stepped right in!! Check out the game see for yourself. This kid is legit and we def should grab him in my oppinion!! RG3 is big hype yeah he ran a 4.3 and can sling it...Well so can mike vick and vick was electrifying and has a way better arm then RG3 dont get me wrong but he was also big hype as well....And last time I checked all that athletic ability and top 10 plays translated into 0 superbowl appearences and 0 division champs...Just saying!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HT57THwIZwg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vaark
02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Had the smallest hands of all the QBs at the Combine.. measuring a 9 when the avg is 9.25 or 9.5. Could be a concern in rainy, snowy and cold weather, especially for such a big guy and considering that Drew Brees's handsize is a 10.25. (although Vick's is 8.5 and that doesn't seem to be a problem in Philly lately). Not saying it's a knock out punch or even close.... just something else to factor in.

HybridPHIN 23
02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
well, sherman knows best ! Was it him who switched him to QB ?

Morey161
02-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Not impressed.

Miamifinz
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
RG3 blows Tannenhill out of the water. Even if RG3 weren't athletic, he's still without a shadow of a doubt the #2 QB prospect in the draft. If we get Manning I wouldn't mind trading down and taking a stab at him if available.

foozool13
02-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Better than RG3?? R U SERIOUS? You need to give me whatever you are on.

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 05:44 PM

stop it please this is a dumb statement pretty much everything you described that tannehill does is what RG3 does only way better and what do you mean rg3 never had pressure he threw a game winning 40 yard td while gettting hit pretty sure everyone has seen that highlight and he already explained that his offense was not as easy as everyone thought which was later confirmed by NFL scouts after his interview and the comparison to vick is becasue he's black and fast him and vick have about the same arm strength but RG3 is way more accurate and way smarter than vick plus 3 inches taller he doesn't have all this hype just because his forty it's because he was BETTTER than adrew luck this year and won a heisman

wizkhalifa23
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Better than RG3?? R U SERIOUS? You need to give me whatever you are on.

yea it must be some good stuff lol

Valandui
02-29-2012, 06:28 PM
stop it please this is a dumb statement pretty much everything you described that tannehill does is what RG3 does only way better and what do you mean rg3 never had pressure he threw a game winning 40 yard td while gettting hit pretty sure everyone has seen that highlight and he already explained that his offense was not as easy as everyone thought which was later confirmed by NFL scouts after his interview and the comparison to vick is becasue he's black and fast him and vick have about the same arm strength but RG3 is way more accurate and way smarter than vick plus 3 inches taller he doesn't have all this hype just because his forty it's because he was BETTTER than adrew luck this year and won a heisman
Heisman means nothing. Would you rather have Tim Tebow or Matt Stafford?

cleezy13
02-29-2012, 06:52 PM

LOL your talking about one highlight where he just threw it up which is the only highlight he has I believe when actually under pressure. RG3 is a great COLLEGE qb esp in the spread where everything is easy as hell to process and it allows guys like him to put up big numbers also add in first round talent at reciever and you got a guy with big numbers and alot of hype, Baylor wasnt **** until his 4th year... Tannehill put his team on the map immediately once he got the opportunity in basically one year of work let alone if Tannehill was in RG3 System his numbers would have drastically improved shoot there numbers were somewhat close aside from picks which come with more experience and Tannehill didnt have the talent offensivly that RG3 did. Let alone Tannehill out preformed RG3 head to head in stats and got the W.... Also, alot of RG3s big plays were when he moved around a little in the pocket and chucked up a deep ball to his first round reciever off his back foot that wont fly in the NFL thats for sure and if Im not mistaking wasnt the knock on him that his deep ball throws werent all that great? As far as accuracy how hard is it to throw to a guy wide open in a 5wr set I could put up big numbers in that offense look at all the qbs that come from a spread offense all have huge numbers?? And they all stink in the NFL.... Like I said dont get me wrong hes a great player but id rather hed my bet on the guy who learned from sherman who has groomed good qbs then a guy who runs a spread offense and all they do is no huddle throw no huddle throw cause everyone is always open. Bottom line RG3 will never win a superbowl or even prob not even a div champ hes all flash that wont get you over the hump for a ring. Only time will tell.

cleezy13
02-29-2012, 06:53 PM

Exactly!!

ckparrothead
02-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Had the smallest hands of all the QBs at the Combine.. measuring a 9 when the avg is 9.25 or 9.5. Could be a concern in rainy, snowy and cold weather, especially for such a big guy and considering that Drew Brees's handsize is a 10.25. (although Vick's is 8.5 and that doesn't seem to be a problem in Philly lately). Not saying it's a knock out punch or even close.... just something else to factor in.

Forget knockout punch, I don't think it's even a factor. He fumbled 4 times in 2011, only lost 1 of them. For as many times as he touched the ball, that's really good.

TheWalrus
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Hand size means nothing. Dan Marino had small hands. Daunte Culpepper had tiny hands if I recall, which didn't stop him from throwing for like 4700 yards one year nor was it related to the fact that his brains were even tinier.

It's just one of those things that people measure and because they have... want to turn into something relevant. If they started measuring how far apart quarterbacks' eyes are people would instantly turn that into a "depth perception" metric and swear up and down it was predictive of something.

phinzfan21
02-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Both look very promising. I don't think there is anyway to forecast who will out do who in the pros right now. Both have huge upside. And Tannehill does blow my mind how well he did so quickly, and would have to think he only gets better. So will RG3 though. I don't think it's right to say either one blows the other guy away at this point.

SCall13
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
No doubt Tannehill has a gun and can make all the throws. But it's definitely hard to say who's going to be the better throw. It's impossible to be sure. We've all seen in many times. There have been plenty of first round busts - hell top 5 busts - and a lot of guys picked later, much later, that have had HoF careers. Watching tape on them, I think they will both do well at the next level. But there is no way to predict that someone is a sure fire franchise guy.

SebasMiamiFan
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
This guy is really raw. He has the potential to be really good in the NFL. Sitting behind Peyton Manning could do wonders for him.

Noodleman
02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
The OP is obviously trolling. Nobody in their right mind would rather have Tannehill instead of RG3. There is no comparison, RG3 is light years ahead of where Tannehill is. Tannehill someday may be better but there is no comparison. Good job troll!

Valandui
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
The OP is obviously trolling. Nobody in their right mind would rather have Tannehill instead of RG3. There is no comparison, RG3 is light years ahead of where Tannehill is. Tannehill someday may be better but there is no comparison. Good job troll!I would. I still stand by my assesment that Griffin is just as big of a project as Tannehill. Probably moreso, seeing as Tannehill played in a pro style offense run by our current OC.

PBay Fin Fan
02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
What I find worrisome is that our current OC did not start him for three years. So either Sherman was not impressed,or he is a poor judge of QB talent.

uga3406
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
RG3 blows Tannenhill out of the water. Even if RG3 weren't athletic, he's still without a shadow of a doubt the #2 QB prospect in the draft. If we get Manning I wouldn't mind trading down and taking a stab at him if available.

What he said!!!

theguy
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
LOL your talking about one highlight where he just threw it up which is the only highlight he has I believe when actually under pressure. RG3 is a great COLLEGE qb esp in the spread where everything is easy as hell to process and it allows guys like him to put up big numbers also add in first round talent at reciever and you got a guy with big numbers and alot of hype, Baylor wasnt **** until his 4th year... Tannehill put his team on the map immediately once he got the opportunity in basically one year of work let alone if Tannehill was in RG3 System his numbers would have drastically improved shoot there numbers were somewhat close aside from picks which come with more experience and Tannehill didnt have the talent offensivly that RG3 did. Let alone Tannehill out preformed RG3 head to head in stats and got the W.... Also, alot of RG3s big plays were when he moved around a little in the pocket and chucked up a deep ball to his first round reciever off his back foot that wont fly in the NFL thats for sure and if Im not mistaking wasnt the knock on him that his deep ball throws werent all that great? As far as accuracy how hard is it to throw to a guy wide open in a 5wr set I could put up big numbers in that offense look at all the qbs that come from a spread offense all have huge numbers?? And they all stink in the NFL.... Like I said dont get me wrong hes a great player but id rather hed my bet on the guy who learned from sherman who has groomed good qbs then a guy who runs a spread offense and all they do is no huddle throw no huddle throw cause everyone is always open. Bottom line RG3 will never win a superbowl or even prob not even a div champ hes all flash that wont get you over the hump for a ring. Only time will tell.

This entire wall of text is ridiculous.

1) Baylor was a terrible program before RG3. He was injured sophmore year and still took his bears to 2 bowl games. Pre AP polls had the bears unranked in 2011. RG3 got them to 13th. Pre AP polls had the Aggies ranked at 7th. Tannehill got them to unranked. All of a sudden RG3's situation is way better than Tannehill's? RG3 put his team on the map. Tannehill dropped his team off the map.

2) Tannehill would not have put up these numbers because almost no one in the history of the college game has. RG3's 2011 campaign is second all time in passer efficiency rating, second all time in yards/attempt, and a couple fractions of a percentage away from being top 10 in comp% all time.

3) There is little "knock" on RG3's deep ball. Most say it's the best in college 2011. If there's anything wrong with it, it is that he can float them sometimes. When your guy beats 1 on 1 coverage, you don't need to drive it into their chest. Make it a easy catch. It's not to say he can't drive the ball. He can and does that often.

4) Kendall Wright may be a possible 1st round talent, but he's 5'10" and runs one of the slowest 40's in the WR class this year. If he made anything "easy" for RG3, it was not due to physical gifts.

hooserdaddy
02-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I think there's 2 sides to the Tannehill argument. First being he has a huge ceiling since he's only played qb for 1 1/2 seasons but the other side of it being why did he not become the qb sooner? Did he just come out of nowhere and nobody expected him to be as good as he was or was it that they needed a good wr and felt they could manage with the existing qbs they had? I read somewhere that he actually went to all the qb meetings and practiced as a qb over the years but was a wr on game day.

I wonder if him being a walk on played into him not being a qb sooner?

Noodleman
02-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Tannehill could end up being great. Based on what they did in college....there is no comparison. RG3 was way better plain and simple. Does that mean the fins shouldnt draft tannehill? No! My point is that if I had an option for either I would take RG3 and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who knows anything about football to disagree with that! 32 NFL teams would take RG3, hell Sherman would probably take RG3.lol

hpythons
02-29-2012, 11:26 PM
For whatever it's worth, that is heck of a release Tanny brings! My God! Seing them both play makes me want a REAL QB more then anything else this Christmas.

Elle Clouds
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Taking Tanny at 8 would be a mistake. Dude has barely played any quarterback, locks onto his receivers, has a quick but raw delivery and seems to make bad decisions and you want to spend a top 10 pick on him. He'd be a good late round project, but no way do you spend a top 10 pick on a guy who couldn't start in college at his current position. I'd pass unless he is there in the 3rd or 4th round and we didn't have a qb yet.

Valandui
03-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Taking Tanny at 8 would be a mistake. Dude has barely played any quarterback, locks onto his receivers, has a quick but raw delivery and seems to make bad decisions and you want to spend a top 10 pick on him. He'd be a good late round project, but no way do you spend a top 10 pick on a guy who couldn't start in college at his current position. I'd pass unless he is there in the 3rd or 4th round and we didn't have a qb yet.Yet Griffin is worth trading a whole draft for despite having a long delivery, no experience under center, locking onto recievers, and bailing out of the pocket at the slightest sign of pressure or the reciever that he was staring down is covered.

finintheburgh
03-01-2012, 01:07 AM
were comparing a wr who became a qb to a qb who a year ago was projected to be a wr in the nfl.

rg3 is a one year wonder and tanny is as raw as they come. both are a big risk.

Elle Clouds
03-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Yet Griffin is worth trading a whole draft for despite having a long delivery, no experience under center, locking onto recievers, and bailing out of the pocket at the slightest sign of pressure or the reciever that he was staring down is covered.
Again you are wrong. I would absolutely hate if we traded our draft for RG3. I want us to pick up Peyton and use our 7 draft picks on need positions. If RG3 can't come cheap that doesn't mean to settle for Tanny. Dude is garbage.

xXwarXx
03-01-2012, 04:22 AM
I love tannerhill as a project, do I think he's better than RG3 right now? Definitely not, but look at what he brings to the table, size, strength, speed, he was there number # 1 WR, shows he does what's best for the team, and is dedicated to the sport, everything about his character seems to be exactly what you want to hear.

And that release! Seriously, project qbs don't have a release like that ever! Right now in don't think he's good enough to be worth the 8th pick, but it also wouldn't be such a bad things to get a project qb like that as quick as possible.

He has everything you want in a QB, plus more, just needs the polish. And if we have manning as our starter, tannerhill at the 8th sounds great to me.

Lord Of Miami
03-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Hand size means nothing. Dan Marino had small hands. Daunte Culpepper had tiny hands if I recall, which didn't stop him from throwing for like 4700 yards one year nor was it related to the fact that his brains were even tinier.

It's just one of those things that people measure and because they have... want to turn into something relevant. If they started measuring how far apart quarterbacks' eyes are people would instantly turn that into a "depth perception" metric and swear up and down it was predictive of something.

Lol Marino didn't have small hands.

phinfanNY08
03-01-2012, 08:52 AM
I miss Gus Johnson working nfl games haha

Morey161
03-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Tannehill needs to sit for a couple years no matter what team he goes to.

PyroDOLFAN
03-01-2012, 10:03 AM
From what I saw, and from more than just that game, Griffin's deep ball is incredibly accurate. Much more so than Tannehill's, but tannehill has experience as a wide out before his 20 starts for A&M. I still think Griffin is the better quarterback and athelete, behind NFL talent he would shine brighter under the right coaches. But that doesn't mean I don't like our other option. Baylor's defense wasn't exactly stellar last year at all, Tanny's deep ball would have been picked off, way behind the receiver and not in stride, and his first on the video was better but also not as impressive.

Griffin: 28/40 for 430 yards with 3 td's and 1 int (garbage time and still gave his receiver a chance to catch it, a strong move somebody like BM can catch)

Tanny: 25/37 for 415 yards with 6 td's and 1 int (a horrible interception that he tried to force, 6 touchdowns against a poor defense BUT still impressive nonetheless)

twix2500
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I have kept an eye on Tannehill and Griffin since the season started. Tannehill is a project but not as much as you think. He will be ready as much as most QBs especially being under the same college coach. I am all in on acquiring him with the eighth pick for about a month now. one thing i will not do is draft an right tackle with the eighth pick.

Blake the great
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Didnt Dan Marino have relatively small hands? I heard that awhile back but couldnt find anything via google to what his exact hand measurment is.

the ball looks pretty big in his hand (no homosapien) n

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/danmarino_display_image-1.jpg?1288117944

Blake the great
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
especially compared to cam newton (9 7/8")

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/camnewtonpanthers-1.jpg

arammell
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I thought this was interesting to see the thought process of picking a QB

QUARTERBACK CHECKLIST

#1 ARM STRENGTH : The Redskins overlooked this in drafting Heath Shuler at #3 IN 1994, as did the Bears in taking Cade McNown at #12 in 1999. " Name the last great quarterback who didn't have a strong arm," says former Giants passer Phil Simms. " I can't." In this draft, Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt and Kellen Clemens of Oregon would please Simms.
#2 FOOTBALL IQ : "The most important thing we do in evaluating a quarterback," says Titans coach Jeff Fisher, "is putting him up in front of our staff, firing questions at him and seeing if he can break down defenses and analyze why he makes certain decisions." Teams like that Matt Leinart got a head start by studying the NFL game tape last fall while at USC.
#3 ACCURACY : Michael Vick of the Falcons, the #1 pick in 2001, remains vexed by what troubled him at Virginia Tech : a low completion percentage. Vick's rate is 54.1% , about five points BELOW the league average. That's two or three completions per game that stops drives.
#4 MOBILITY : Good Vision and nimble feet can make up for sheer speed. The Colts Peyton Manning , the first pick in the 1998 draft, can move in the pocket and avoid rushers well enough.
#5 LEADERSHIP : Tom Brady is a regular at the Patriots' off-season workout programs. It's not hard to get full attendance when this era's Joe Montana leads the way.
#6 TOUGHNESS : Packers GM Tom Wolf, whom traded for Brett Favre in 1992 and later drafted Matt Hasselbeck in the 6th round in 1998, figured out Favre when, 31 days after stomach surgery, Favre took the field and led his college team, Southern Mississippi, to victory.
#7 RESUME : Says Saints coach Sean Payton, " I want to see a winner, a competitor, a guy who plays great from behind, a guy who plays well in big games." Though Cutler was on a bad Vanderbilt team, coaches believe he raised the play of the Commodores significantly.
#8 MATURITY : In 1998 the Chargers (drafting 2nd) overlooked such red flags around Ryan Leaf as his skipping his interview with the Colts (who held the 1st pick) at the scouting combine.
#9 PEDIGREE : " I love a coach's or player's son," says Eagles coach Andy Reid. "Favre, Hasselbeck, Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, A.J. Feeley-- they've had the competitive part of the game pounded into them. They're going to know what it takes to win."
#10 HAND SIZE : No Kidding. Teams want a guy whose outstretched throwing hand measures at least 9 1/2 inches from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger. The Eagles knocked Daunte Culpepper off their draft list in 1999 in part because of his small hands.

wizkhalifa23
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM

that wasn't my point I said he has hype BECAUSE of the heisman not because his 40 also I used the fact that he won the heisman over luck which means he's as good if not better than luck

Valandui
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
that wasn't my point I said he has hype BECAUSE of the heisman not because his 40 also I used the fact that he won the heisman over luck which means he's as good if not better than luck
Again, Tebow won it over Stafford. Who would you rather have at QB?

DudeleBroski
03-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Again, Tebow won it over Stafford. Who would you rather have at QB? Tebow has been more successful in the nfl than stafford-he won a playoff game without the best wr in the game.

uga3406
03-01-2012, 07:15 PM

r u crazy, stafford, it's not even close...

uga3406
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Yet Griffin is worth trading a whole draft for despite having a long delivery, no experience under center, locking onto recievers, and bailing out of the pocket at the slightest sign of pressure or the reciever that he was staring down is covered.

Griffin is defintely worth trading up for. In the end, who out of these two will have a better prosperous career in the nfl-Griffin or Tannehill? i think Ross/Ireland and Philbin will regret not trying to move up to get Griffin.

WelcomeBack
03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Tebow has been more successful in the nfl than stafford-he won a playoff game without the best wr in the game.

Valandui
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Griffin is defintely worth trading up for. In the end, who out of these two will have a better prosperous career in the nfl-Griffin or Tannehill? i think Ross/Ireland and Philbin will regret not trying to move up to get Griffin.
I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree.

arammell
03-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Tebow has been more successful in the nfl than stafford-he won a playoff game without the best wr in the game.

Are you smoking crack? Stafford is a top 5 QB in the NFL! Tim Tebow and the Broncos barely squeaked into the playoffs and barely beat the steelers who were completely broken. You are a complete homer if you think Tebow is better then Matthew Stafford.

uga3406
03-02-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree.

That's ok. Just one person's opinion. No harm done.

insom187
03-02-2012, 01:32 AM
I like what I'm hearing and seeing with Tannehill but to me RG3 is farther along in his developement and they seem to be the same style QB.

RichmondWeb
03-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Time for someone to point out the obvious (besides the fact that Tebow is not in the same galaxy as Stafford)... These two QB's are comparable; both have upside, are good athletes, leaders, intelligent, need more pro QB experience...etc. And either or both could bust. What cannot be compared is their value to the Dolphins. One is not worth 3 1st round draft picks plus 2 seconds plus whomever and whatever else it will cost to draft him, when the other can be acquired for just 1 first round pick. Giving away 4+ future blue chip players (minimum) for one prospect, who clearly has competition, would be an unforgivable risk (people should be fired and disgraced) no matter how it turns out.

Balance sheet using this year's draft:

1. Robert Griffen III

or

1. Ryan Tannehill
1. Quentin Coples
1. Trent Richardson
2. Stephen Hill
2. Colby Fleener
plus whatever else

No way Ditka-- Not gonna fly

RW

Fin Thirteen
03-02-2012, 06:18 AM
People are concerned that Tannehill wasn't good enough for Sherman to pick him before this past season. Doesn't it just click for players sometimes? Sherman had him at WR, where he was very productive, and clearly thought "my best option right now is to give this kid a chance at QB". Tannehill caught a break and he seized his opportunity. What some people see as a negative, I think is a tremendous indication of the kid's character.

Remember, Tannehill sat in on all QB sessions during the time he was a WR. He was learning during that time, even if he wasn't out there. Sherman obviously liked what see saw in the classroom and in whatever QB drills Tannehill participated in. He's a little further on in development than people think, he's clearly a quick learner, he clearly doesn't need a second invitation to grab an opportunity and he's clearly a leader. Can you imagine the rest of the roster's initial emotions when Sherman tells them the WR is going to be this season's QB? They were probably s****** themselves, probably had serious doubts about Tannehill. It didn't take him long to get them on his side. I like that. I think it shows GMs and coaches more about the guy than they would get from any of the many 4-year starters who had a team and a cushy system built around him.

Does that mean he'll be a guaranteed successful starting NFL QB? Hell no. But I do believe that the perceived knocks on him are actually evidence of traits that will help him in the pros. I've been supporting this guy all year as a solid draft pick. I'm not convinced he's worth #8, because I believe picks 1-10 should be on guys who start tomorrow. But with the new rookie scale, it's a smaller financial risk than it was.

If we swapped 8 and our second with the Bengals two picks, plus an extra pick, I'd take Tannehill and Glenn and run for the hills.

uga3406
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I like what I'm hearing and seeing with Tannehill but to me RG3 is farther along in his developement and they seem to be the same style QB.

The big difference between them is: RG 3 can start right away. Tannehill needs a year or two of learning and more seasoning.

WelcomeBack
03-02-2012, 03:24 PM
The big difference between them is: RG 3 can start right away. Tannehill needs a year or two of learning and more seasoning.

Definitely don't agree there.

uga3406
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Definitely don't agree there.

Tannehill is a good qb, but I could't see him coming in and startign asap. He would be better off sitting behind someone like Jake Locker for a year and learning the system and speed of the nfl.

WelcomeBack
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Tannehill is a good qb, but I could't see him coming in and startign asap. He would be better off sitting behind someone like Jake Locker for a year and learning the system and speed of the nfl.

I'm talking about the RG3 CAN start right away. He may be able to, I'm not sure if he should or if it would be completely successful.

uga3406
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm talking about the RG3 CAN start right away. He may be able to, I'm not sure if he should or if it would be completely successful.

I think if u trade all those picks for him, then u gotta start him. Throw him into the fire and see what happens. I thought the Panthers made a foolish move when they let Newton start, but look how he turned out.

Valandui
03-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm not saying that Tannehill doesn't need time to develop, but how is the guy who comes out of a more gimmicky than usual spread offense farther along developmentally than the one coming out of a pro style offense?

uga3406
03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm not saying that Tannehill doesn't need time to develop, but how is the guy who comes out of a more gimmicky than usual spread offense farther along developmentally than the one coming out of a pro style offense?

You make a great point. My argument is that RG 3, talent and shear athletism and talents will take over, no matter what system he is in. Don't get me wrong. I think Tannehill will be a fine nfl qb, I just don't think he is a better option then RG 3.

WelcomeBack
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I think if u trade all those picks for him, then u gotta start him. Throw him into the fire and see what happens. I thought the Panthers made a foolish move when they let Newton start, but look how he turned out.

Which furthers my thought process that nobody should trade so much for the guy. He's got questions to answer, and quite a few of them.