PDA

View Full Version : Reily Reiff Article

Pat-London
03-03-2012, 12:28 AM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/03/riley-reiff-to-dolphins-at-no-8-are-you-kidding.html

Not so much about what Armando is saying, but I just watched the tape on him [in the article] and was gobsmacked... his pass pro is poor.

- no kick step...
- leans back in his hips to get the kick step going... gets no width/depth at all, no slide step to keep his balance
- over reaches really badly to a wide rush
- not crisp in his footwork
- power step to the inside move is not good..
- plays very tall.. surprising for an Iowa OL.
- just don't see the athleticism for an OT in the pro's... no matter the side.

can see why some consider him a guard, but for me he's a Nate Garner type inside player.. wouldn't consider him whatsoever in the first.. or second for that matter.

Thoughts/arguments against, by all means... fire away.

Valandui
03-03-2012, 12:50 AM
The only OL worth taking that high is DeCastro.

2413fanphins
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Been campaigning against the reiff pick for awhile now... and i am a loyal hawk fan and iowan to boot.... hes no better a prospect than yanda imo

finfan54
03-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I listened to some of finsiders and they had on an announcer for Iowa football on he said that most all OL from Iowa are a bit behind in pass blocking when turning pro but they dont take long in fixing what needs fixing. In other words, Its the program. But the program produces good ones. I wouldnt put much into this.

Reiff wouldnt be ranked where he is as an OL if he werent good. He is nasty and a very sound guy who plays LT but will start at RT. Bottom line. If we dont draft Reiff I dont have a problem with that, but you better draft one soon after or the good ones gone. Cordy Glenn is guy I could love at 41 but dont think he will last that long.

Roman529
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't think this guy is worth the 8th overall pick....more like the 20th pick at best.

2413fanphins
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
exactly, I compared him to yanda, and I think yanda went 23.

I would think that there is no chance we'd go with a RT at 8 overal... more and more I am thinking it's a defensive guy, unless richardson or blackmon fall.

hooshoops
03-04-2012, 02:23 AM
yandas a pretty damn good pro...you could do a hell of a lot worse than marshall yanda i tell ya that

clownfish
03-04-2012, 05:49 AM
No way we go RT at #8. Even if we get Manning. DE all the way....Ingram.

miami234ever
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
If we go O-line, I would prefer Decastro. Not 100% sold on Reiff either...

finfan54
03-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Are people who are not sold on Reiff not sold becuase others are telling you they arent sold or are you looking at Reiff on video and being objective?

I hope people do not put stock in the combine. Because I read he did....and then I just laugh. running around in shorts does not tell you what kind of football player you are.