PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Smith

chrispepper
03-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Was very impressed with him at the combine, and would definitley like it if we could pick him up at the top of the 2nd.. One thing that stood out was his great coverage skills, and with more and more teams utilising their tight ends (especially the pats), and the dolphins making a habit of being burned by the likes of hernandez and gronk, it would seem like a pretty good fit for Miami..

What do you guys think of him?

KingDolphin57
03-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I like Harrison Smith as well. Seems to be a versatile player probably can even play corner if you needed him too. Would have no problem selecting him in the 2nd. But will he be there though?

2413fanphins
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
I think he'll last to the second round when we pick.. problem than becomes he still probably not BPA on our board, and we have to than decide between smith, BPA, or perhaps even BPA that fills a need like a OL or TE should allen or fleener still be on the board.

I like smith more each time I watch him. it'd be a tough call.

PSU Cane
03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I like Harrison Smith, but in a deeper draft at S, he probably grades out at more of a 3rd round pick. But b/c this draft is so weak at S, you'd be forced to overvalue him. Is it worth it with how awful our play at S has been? I don't know....the 2nd round will have a lot of talent still on the board. I'd be more willing to do that if we traded down in Round 1 and picked up another 2.

2413fanphins
03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I like Harrison Smith, but in a deeper draft at S, he probably grades out at more of a 3rd round pick. But b/c this draft is so weak at S, you'd be forced to overvalue him. Is it worth it with how awful our play at S has been? I don't know....the 2nd round will have a lot of talent still on the board. I'd be more willing to do that if we traded down in Round 1 and picked up another 2.

I cant stop coming back to the scenario of acquiring an extra 2nd rounder....

phinfan33
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I like Harrison Smith, but in a deeper draft at S, he probably grades out at more of a 3rd round pick. But b/c this draft is so weak at S, you'd be forced to overvalue him. Is it worth it with how awful our play at S has been? I don't know....the 2nd round will have a lot of talent still on the board. I'd be more willing to do that if we traded down in Round 1 and picked up another 2.I'd rather we just stay at 8 and pick,then trade down in the 2nd and acquire an extra 3rd&4th or 3rd&5th, but that's just me. Then draft him with our lower 2nd rd pick, and use the extra picks on everything else that'll get addressed.

Roman529
03-03-2012, 04:45 PM
There are not too many great Safeties out there....I think Smith may go around the end of the first round, or early 2nd round. If we trade down and were able to pick up an additional second rounder I wouldn't mind using one on him.

2413fanphins
03-03-2012, 05:34 PM
much rather have an additional pick in the second than in the 3rd/4th round... Ideally, I think we should come out of this draft with a 1st rounder in the 18-23 range, and two second rounders.

for what atlanta gave up to get to the sixth spot last year, we should be able to accumulate 2-4 picks if somebody that late wanted to move to 8... that is why we need trich to fall. if we could get 4 picks in the first three rounds, it could really go a long ways.

TedSlimmJr
03-04-2012, 12:27 AM
He looked real good in the DB drills at the combine which sent me back to watch more of him. He performed with the skill of a cornerback in drills.

Suffice it to say that I went back to watch some tape of him, he tackled like a cornerback too. He also looked a lot stiffer on film than he did in the drills, particularly in the Stanford game.

He had a perfect angle on Stepfon Taylor and got juked completely out of his jock strap when Taylor cut back inside of him. He's not a sound tackler on film and slides off of ball carriers. He doesn't have much pop on contact at all.

Not in Mark Barron's class. Iloka is better than Smith in my opinion.

hooshoops
03-04-2012, 12:49 AM
i think mayocks off the mark when he says he could go round 1...i don't see it...but he showed off pretty damn good hips in that cod db drill...pretty damn smooth...i'm strugglin with a top 50 grade on this kid personally

but he does move pretty damn well for his size