PDA

View Full Version : Could the Dolphins be the key to a monster Draft Day Trade?

The Goat
03-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Tell me why this doesn't make sense. (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being sincere.)

I listen to Philly Sports Radio all day long...and there's a ton of smoke about the Eagles possibly being the "mystery team" trying to figure out a way to get a shot at RGIII.

The problem is...the scuttlebutt is that the Rams are probably going to want a top ten pick THIS YEAR in return, going after CB or WR help. The Eagles do not have that.

Enter the Dolphins.

If the Dolphins acquire either Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn in Free Agency, they may well be in a position to move down in the draft. The Eagles have Arizona's 2nd round pick in the 2012 draft, which they acquired for Kevin Kolb.

The draft pick value of the #15 and #52 overall picks in the 2012 draft is almost exactly the perfect match for the value of the #8 overall pick. The Dolphins move down 7 spots, can still acquire a quality pass rusher opposite Wake, and pick up an additional 2nd rounder.

This gives the Eagles the #8 pick, which they can add to THEIR original 2nd round pick...as well as next year's 1st and 2nd...which is fair value to move up to #2 overall in the 2012 draft.

Why doesn't this work?

Kdawg954
03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I think it makes alot of sense, seeing the talent gap from around 8 to 16 is relatively similar and could fill a solid need for the Fins, in addition to picking up a 2nd rounder.

datruth55
03-05-2012, 10:27 PM
So the Eagles give up their 1st and 2nd round pick to us and then 4 more picks to get to #2...fire that GM.

MRojas4
03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Eagles should of fired the GM after they gave a 32 yr old Vick $100M contract, apart from the dog fighting stuff, dude is not the "elite" Vick we once knew

The Goat
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
So the Eagles give up their 1st and 2nd round pick to us and then 4 more picks to get to #2...fire that GM.

No...you're suggesting RG3 would cost them 6 picks. It would cost them five, just three this year. And that is not tragic to move from the #15 spot to the #2 spot.

The Goat
03-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Eagles should of fired the GM after they gave a 32 yr old Vick $100M contract, apart from the dog fighting stuff, dude is not the "elite" Vick we once knew

They're not as stupid as most think. They can opt out of his contract after 2012.

foozool13
03-07-2012, 01:24 AM

Ya man, that't what I was thinking...couldn't have said it better!

SMadison29
03-07-2012, 09:12 AM

In this scenario they would essentially be trading two 1st & three 2nd rounders to move from #15 to #2. That's actually really cheap considering the suspected asking price is three 1st & additional prime picks.

I'd do it. At pick 15 pass rushers like Perry & possibly the falling Coples could be there as well as Floyd/Wright, Martin, DeCastro, Kuechly, & Barron. I don't see that drastic a value drop from 8 to 15. Then with pick 51, if we don't draft a RT in the first round, guys like Massie, Osemele, & Washington could be sitting there.