PDA

View Full Version : Draft magazines are out

Roman529
03-06-2012, 03:19 AM
I was at Safeway today and spotted a Lindy's 2012 NFL Draft magazine and another that I think was called The NFL Draft Magazine? (I can't recall who publishes it?). Anyway, one magazine has us taking Iowa O-lineman Reilly Reiff`, and the other had us taking Penn State D-Lineman Devon Still. These early publications don't take into account free agency, cuts, etc., so they often are way off.

CedarPhin
03-06-2012, 03:45 AM
I think this board would **** a brick if we took the dude from State Penn.

SMadison29
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
All of those magazines are horrible because they come out premature. They need to wait for the combine to end first.

Thumper1016
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Its about raking in the cash, accuracy is not important to these magazines.

All of those magazines are horrible because they come out premature. They need to wait for the combine to end first.

foozool13
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
We better not take a frikin DT who tore his frikin ACL once already. Guess what he will come to the NFL, add some weight and then suck ass b/c he fake knee wont hold up. He better not be our first round pick.

For that matter we better not take ANY frikin player who has had a major injury in college. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF INJURY PRONE PLAYERS!

TheWalrus
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
The magazines are interesting because they at least do provide a pre-pro day picture of what people are thinking. That can be useful as hype builds and changes. Sure, the Mock Drafts in those things are useless, but pretty much all Mock Drafts are useless anyway. The only draft book that was ever necessary reading was the Joel Buschsbaum draft guide. He was the original and still the best draftnik. I used to enjoy the Sporting News draft magazine but now they post all their content online. Lindy's is and always has been a useless magazine in every facet.

SMadison29
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
The only draft book that was ever necessary reading was the Joel Buschsbaum draft guide. He was the original and still the best draftnik. I used to enjoy the Sporting News draft magazine but now they post all their content online. Lindy's is and always has been a useless magazine in every facet.

Buchsbaum was great, PFW's draft coverage has gone waaay down since his passing. I used to get TSN's draft guide before the internet blew up like it has. I agree with you wholeheartedly on all of Lindy's mags.