PDA

View Full Version : Draft Countdown round 2 3/6/12

jim1
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-2.php

ChambersWI
03-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm still no Weeden fan, but I do have to concede that leaving the first 2 rounds like that would be a nice haul.

Kdawg954
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
i'm gonna assume we thought Manning was too expensive and too much risk, Flynn wasn't good enough (Philbin), RGIII/Luck was too expensive in draft pick compensation and Tannehill was too big of a reach and/or not good enough (Sherman).

If that is the case, I like the pick and with Coples in round 1, yea that is a pretty good haul. Moore and Weeden to battle for the starting job, sure to dissappoint many but with 2 of the potential QB's being directly coached by coaches on this team last year and are very obtainable, if we pass on both I don't have any regrets. Passing on Peyton won't surprise me, the guy has 4 or 5 surgeries, he very well could be damaged goods . . . Weeden could be the best of whats left . . . he would be a first rounder if he was 5 years younger.

No pass rusher or QB in Free Agency? I wonder who we nabbed? Nicks? Grubbs? Mario Williams (that would be interesting with Wake/Williams/Coples . . I'm guessing Wake doesn't get resigned after this year)? VJax? Maybe take care of Langford and Big Paul? Would be interesting.

jim1
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
i'm gonna assume we thought Manning was too expensive and too much risk, Flynn wasn't good enough (Philbin), RGIII/Luck was too expensive in draft pick compensation and Tannehill was too big of a reach and/or not good enough (Sherman).

If that is the case, I like the pick and with Coples in round 1, yea that is a pretty good haul. Moore and Weeden to battle for the starting job, sure to dissappoint many but with 2 of the potential QB's being directly coached by coaches on this team last year and are very obtainable, if we pass on both I don't have any regrets. Passing on Peyton won't surprise me, the guy has 4 or 5 surgeries, he very well could be damaged goods . . . Weeden could be the best of whats left . . . he would be a first rounder if he was 5 years younger.

No pass rusher or QB in Free Agency? I wonder who we nabbed? Nicks? Grubbs? Mario Williams (that would be interesting with Wake/Williams/Coples . . I'm guessing Wake doesn't get resigned after this year)? VJax? Maybe take care of Langford and Big Paul? Would be interesting.

Personally, I would consider it a big mistake to draft Coples over DeCastro. I'd rather have Mel Ingram Kuechley or Courtney Upshaw instead of Coples. But I'd still prefer Decastro.

Kdawg954
03-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Personally, I would consider it a big mistake to draft Coples over DeCastro. I'd rather have Mel Ingram Kuechley or Courtney Upshaw instead of Coples. But I'd still prefer Decastro.

I'm higher on Coples than alot of people on here, not every day you get a chance to draft the best player on the field from the Senior Bowl, a guy who has ideal measurables and can play several positions, but you get that with Coples. I didn't watch nearly every UNC game but I saw enough of them and I don't think the "lack of motor" was evident as I have seen in some players with that label. I know the year before the guy was dominating and last year he got wayyy more attention and was sometimes double and triple teamed. I think he got frustrated by it but I still think he is the best DLine prospect in this draft and when you are picking in the top 8, you need to get the best player at a position of need.

I like Decastro too, but I'll take the high risk, high reward DE/pass rusher over the low risk/high reward OG in the top 10. That being said, I'm not mad if we go Coples, Decastro or Kuechly . . . though not a big fan of taking Ingram at #8.

jim1
03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I would rather take a mid to late round flyer on Donte Paige Moss if I were looking for great DE/OLB physical tools with intangible issues. Coples is the one guy I would really like us to steer clear of at #8.

hooshoops
03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
ehh...i think weedens stock took a hit at the combine and senior bowl...still may go early round 2 but i wouldn't be getting desperate to make sure it happens

of course if we do end up missing on manning and flynn and tannehill i guess that is the right play in round 2...i guess

MadDog 88
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Exactly. This has to be based on no Free Agent signings. I love Weeden and would be very happy with that choice.

outlawd2u
03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't like it, I don't like it one bit. Give me... Matt Flynn and Reggie Nelson in FA, Decastro and Fleener in rounds 1 and 2 and take any and everybody that can rush the passer in every round after that(exagerating). Seriously though I don't care for Coples but Weeden would be ok if we don't get a QB in FA.

insom187
03-07-2012, 12:34 AM
I feel this organization is ready to go all out for a new quarterback this offseason. Between FA and the #8 pick we'll have our QB. I still think we'll reach and take Tannehill and hope he hes someone to sit behind and learn from for a year or two.