PDA

View Full Version : #StopKONY2012

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Great Video to watch, I highly recommend you watch the whole video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Here is the website

http://kony2012.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com
(http://kony2012.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/)

Please spread the word!!! Its time to save some lives people!

JCane
03-09-2012, 05:14 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/clickonuganda-1.jpg

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-09-2012, 05:26 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/03/clickonuganda-1.jpg

Is that sarcasm saying Uganda is a no name country that no one knows about? If so then that is obviously a issue that they don't talk about issues in other countries enough. Obviously some people don't care about other countries and kids in other countries but I do. I can see why other countries hate Americans, all Americans care about is themselves.

JCane
03-09-2012, 05:35 AM
I'm just sayin', two days ago no one knew anything about Uganda and couldn't find it on a map. Most probably still can't. But then, we all go watch a little YouTube video and all of a sudden we care about kids in Uganda.

Then, we have some concerns regarding the Invisible Children non-profit organization and where the charity money is actually going. To me, there's just too many questions around all of this for to really care.

We have problems here—in America. Fix those.

At the end of the day, all I do care about is myself. It's all I have time and money to care about. ****ty situation for those kids to be in, but at the end of the day I'm thankful it isn't me and I'm just gonna worry about what's for dinner tomorrow night.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-09-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm just sayin', two days ago no one knew anything about Uganda and couldn't find it on a map. Most probably still can't. But then, we all go watch a little YouTube video and all of a sudden we care about kids in Uganda.

Then, we have some concerns regarding the Invisible Children non-profit organization and where the charity money is actually going. To me, there's just too many questions around all of this for to really care.

have problems here—in America. Fix those.

At the end of the day, all I do care about is myself. It's all I have time and money to care about. ****ty situation for those kids to be in, but at the end of the day I'm thankful it isn't me and I'm just gonna worry about what's for dinner tomorrow night. I agree that no one knew about Uganda and the kids but isn't that why they made the video? They made the video to inform people about a problem that people didn't know about and how everyone can help out.

rob19
03-09-2012, 07:39 AM
I've read the Kony criticisms, and I, as much as anybody, appreciate a healthy dose of skepticism, but their kinda weak. First, no one is accusing the organization of charity fraud, they only said that "in their opinion" the percentage of the money going to 'direct action' vs. the percentage going to staff, materials, and film production was "not ideal" in their opinion. I also read some claims that 'they tried to make it more about the film maker & his son rather than the issue; I think that's nitpicking and a personal taste, & is throwing salt where it doesn't really need to be thrown, the film's obviously caused a lot of stirring so it must've done something right. I also read a claim that they may have slightly exaggerated on the number of possible child soldiers, as if the difference between 32,000 child soldiers and 28,000 child soldiers matters.

This is a real problem, whether or not we should be involved is another matter, but the attempts to disparage the virtue behind the cause are weak I think, and seem to be the hipster thing to do right now.

dreday
03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
smh at p.diddy or kim kardashian having ANYTHING to do with this.

Clipse
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I've read the Kony criticisms, and I, as much as anybody, appreciate a healthy dose of skepticism, but their kinda weak. First, no one is accusing the organization of charity fraud, they only said that "in their opinion" the percentage of the money going to 'direct action' vs. the percentage going to staff, materials, and film production was "not ideal" in their opinion. I also read some claims that 'they tried to make it more about the film maker & his son rather than the issue; I think that's nitpicking and a personal taste, & is throwing salt where it doesn't really need to be thrown, the film's obviously caused a lot of stirring so it must've done something right. I also read a claim that they may have slightly exaggerated on the number of possible child soldiers, as if the difference between 32,000 child soldiers and 28,000 child soldiers matters.

This is a real problem, whether or not we should be involved is another matter, but the attempts to disparage the virtue behind the cause are weak I think, and seem to be the hipster thing to do right now.

They can take up arms and go get Kony themselves if they feel so strongly about it. Or take all that money they're getting and hire a private military company. America has no business getting involved.

CedarPhin
03-09-2012, 03:11 PM
More oversensationalism. I'll bet last week he didn't even know what a Uganda is/was.

dreday
03-09-2012, 03:58 PM
i heard they discovered oil in uganda..

CedarPhin
03-09-2012, 04:52 PM
There's oil along that whole area. A ton of it. Hence our sudden "outrage".

CedarPhin
03-09-2012, 04:53 PM
If we just left Africa alone, they'd be pretty prosperous eventually.

PhinzN703
03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
I'll be honest, I don't know where the hell Uganda is on that map. Why would I? How is money going to help in this situation? Take down this Kony character and the other army guys and then change would/should happen.

rob19
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
They can take up arms and go get Kony themselves if they feel so strongly about it. Or take all that money they're getting and hire a private military company. America has no business getting involved.

That wasn't my point. I didn't say they should be.

Besides, "getting involved", doesn't mean we're going to war with Uganda or anything, we'd just be cooperating with their Government to kill a rebel hiding in the jungle.

rob19
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
There's oil along that whole area. A ton of it. Hence our sudden "outrage".

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Again, we're not going to war with the Ugandan Government. We'd be cooperating with them, this isn't an Afghanistan situation.

Whether or not, and to what extent we should be involved is one thing, but the attempts to throw mud on the virtue of the effort isn't warrented imo.

rob19
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Look, there's a lot of problems in the world. There's a huge underground sex trafficking situation in Thailand right now with young girls, shouldn't we stop that too? I don't know that America has the resources to clean up the entire world, given our own political instability, I GET THAT. But I do not get people acting like this isn't a real thing or problem. It's like their trying to assuage their own guilt by making light of the situation rather than acknowledge that this is a terrible thing that's happening right now and unfortunately we may not be able to stop it. Instead people try finding any little thing to try and character assassinate the virtue of the effort. If anyone feels we shouldn't get involved, I understand, but don't try to justify your own uninvolvement by belittling the significance of the situation.

Filthy Fin
03-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Mail me up some bitches!

jared81
03-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Is that sarcasm saying Uganda is a no name country that no one knows about? If so then that is obviously a issue that they don't talk about issues in other countries enough. Obviously some people don't care about other countries and kids in other countries but I do. I can see why other countries hate Americans, all Americans care about is themselves.

when people make comments like thiw it shows a couple of things: a) they have never opened up a history pertaining to the last 100 years, b) they have never been outside of this country to see what the rest of the world is really like.

I hate to beat the "american drum", but you sound so ignorant with those comments. why dont you tell my mother whose dad (my grandfather) is still missing in north korea because he "only cares about himself". or tell the person in afghanistan right now that he "only cares about himself". regardless of whether i agree with americas foreign endevors, our country has been the most generous in regards to helping poor countries and people throughout the world. i would like to see how much money you give every year to help the poor, probably not enough.

we cant save everyone, maybe you should look at the fact that an entire continent of people are so ****ing stupid that they would rather kill and rape themselves instead of trying to create a civilized society. f