PDA

View Full Version : ckparrothead's full 2 round mock draft!!

thejetssuck
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Personally, I'd be very happy with that draft! Great Job CK!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1094178-2012-nfl-mock-draft-how-will-the-first-and-second-rounds-play-out

TedSlimmJr
03-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't mind the Brandon Weeden pick there, I think it's a good spot for him. However, I'd go with Cox, Kuechly, or DeCastro at #8 before I'd pick Coples.

I'm fairly certain I can get just as good a DE as Coples and a virtual clone of him later when I snatch Malik Jackson off the board. Coples doesn't stand out enough at his own position in this class to me.

I think Cox, Kuechly, and DeCastro are three guys who present the most significant gap in terms of both talent and tape at their respective positions than what you're going to be choosing from at a later point, as opposed to Coples.

Although I do like Coples, I just don't see me kicking myself in the a** down the road for passing him up as much I would if I passed on the other 3.

MiamiMuss
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Please no disrespect to any1 but Coples at 8 would be a major dissappointment.If we are to pass on Kuechly for Coples ill be Mad as a Hornet.

MiamiMuss
03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Also to see Fleener at 11 would be a shock of shocks to me.Hes good and theres no doubt KC needs a TE but wow thats early.

thejetssuck
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't mind the Brandon Weeden pick there, I think it's a good spot for him. However, I'd go with Cox, Kuechly, or DeCastro at #8 before I'd pick Coples.

I'm fairly certain I can get just as good a DE as Coples and a virtual clone of him later when I snatch Malik Jackson off the board. Coples doesn't stand out enough at his own position in this class to me.

I think Cox, Kuechly, and DeCastro are three guys who present the most significant gap in terms of both talent and tape at their respective positions than what you're going to be choosing from at a later point, as opposed to Coples.

Although I do like Coples, I just don't see me kicking myself in the a** down the road for passing him up as much I would if I passed on the other 3.

Yeah, I too would prefer Luke or David over Quinton. Especially since I think we can snag a pretty good pass rusher in FA for fairly cheap. I'm hoping that is the route we take. However, I will also be pretty shocked if Weeden falls all the way to 42. Would be THRILLED though if we got him there.

PSU Cane
03-09-2012, 06:32 PM

I couldn't agree more. I would definitely take DeCastro, Cox or Kuechly over Coples at #8. I think we can get all 3 by trading back a few spots...but since i don't see that happening, i'm comfortable with them at #8. If we want to go RT, i'm also comfortable with Jonathan Martin there as well. My darkhorse at that spot is Michael Floyd. If the kid really has matured and interviews well, i think it might be smart to start looking at a young stud WR to take over for Marshall. You just never know what the guy will do and his contract could hamstring us in the future. Floyd is off the table though if we get Wayne.....just not enough slots.

thejetssuck
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Please no disrespect to any1 but Coples at 8 would be a major dissappointment.If we are to pass on Kuechly for Coples ill be Mad as a Hornet.

I'd be disappointed if we passed on Kuechly( who is my fav) for Coples. But I certainly wouldn't be "Drafting Ted Ginn at #9" disappointed.

MiamiMuss
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd be disappointed if we passed on Kuechly( who is my fav) for Coples. But I certainly wouldn't be "Drafting Ted Ginn at #9" disappointed.

The funny thing is that Coples like Ginn is just about as overated as it gets.Ginn is very fast but lacks in just about every other skill u need to be a WR in the NFL as does Coples at DE.

DKphin
03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I have to agree with TedSlimmJr, I would really be hesitant to pick Couples up at #8. I do not like his attitude and we need someone more explosive opposite Wake. While I like Weeden as a player, if we bring in Peyton and Manning does not get hurt, he will be 32 before he takes his first snap in the NFL. JMHO, but that seems like a wasted 2nd rd pick if that happens. I would rather take an OL in the second and pick up Cousins in the 3rd or wait till the 5th and pick up Harnish.

Conuficus
03-09-2012, 09:44 PM
CK likes him some Coples, almost in a similar way to Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech a few years back.

Personally I prefer Perry which if anyone managed to read last week's Draft Winds will certainly know. If we're speaking of pass rushers, he to me is the guy to get. He's better against the run than he gets credit for, especially at the POA. However, he can be fooled with misdirection and doesn't always maintain his force responsibility. However, his burst, ability to bend and hand use make me think he will likely do well at the next level.

Is he worthy of the 8th overall, I don't think so, but if we trade back into the teens, then he'd be my guy.

hooshoops
03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
The funny thing is that Coples like Ginn is just about as overated as it gets.Ginn is very fast but lacks in just about every other skill u need to be a WR in the NFL as does Coples at DE.

that's not even close to the same thing...

newlownorder
03-10-2012, 12:31 AM
I think if you go coples, decastro, kuechly or richardson you cant really complain.

MiamiMuss
03-10-2012, 12:44 AM
that's not even close to the same thing...

Ok so maybe i stretched it some.

2413fanphins
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
it's decastro or keuchly for me. more keuchly to be honest.

I can see decastro being the pick if manning lands here, than I like either perry or kendricks...

if it's keuchly at 8, I'd look to do something like fleener, allen or zietler, silatolu...

anybody read those comments under the mock draft... they are quite the read!!

SF Dolphin Fan
03-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Interesting draft. I thought Coby Fleener would work his way into the later part of the first round, but 11 seems very high. As to Quinton Coples he looks great on tape and can dominate at times. I think Miami would have to answer the question about the underachieving label, though. Jeff Ireland has gone for the hard-working guys early in the draft and has had success doing that. Personally, I think if the Dolphins go defensive line (a big possibility if Lankford and Solai sign elsewhere) that Fletcher Cox is their guy.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I think if you go coples, decastro, kuechly or richardson you cant really complain.I like your mock draft.

j-off-her-doll
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I definitely wouldn't be mad at Coples as our pick. He's one of the names that makes sense to me. I don't know that he'll ever be more than an 8 or 9 sack guy, but I think his production will probably outweigh his stats. I really like him opposite Wake. Coples uses his strength and hands to - at worst - collapse the pocket. Giving the QB less room to escape is huge with Wake bearing down from the other side - and with a players like Odrick and Starks bringing heat up the middle. When I think about how that line would work together, Coples' skill set is very enticing.

utahphinsfan
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Also to see Fleener at 11 would be a shock of shocks to me.Hes good and theres no doubt KC needs a TE but wow thats early.

Agreed.

The Ravens 1st round pick would be surprising but Wagner has talent.

As for the phins, I'd hope they take N Perry, Ingram, Cox, or Kuechly long before Coples.