PDA

View Full Version : David DeCastro as a RT?

mandal24
03-10-2012, 04:56 AM
What about drafting this guy, the most technically sound Olinemen in the draft to be our franchise RT. Philbin wants a more athletic-style OL and DeCastro fits that. Reiff on the other hand is more of a run blocking mauler type.

PSU Cane
03-10-2012, 12:21 PM
No...if i draft DeCastro, i put him right at guard where he's the best. He's powerful in the middle, able to move big DLineman, and he's great at pulling. He might be ok at tackle, although i'm not so sure since i've never seen him against elite rushers....but he'd be All-Pro at guard.

phinfan33
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
No...if i draft DeCastro, i put him right at guard where he's the best. He's powerful in the middle, able to move big DLineman, and he's great at pulling. He might be ok at tackle, although i'm not so sure since i've never seen him against elite rushers....but he's be All-Pro at guard.and it'd be at LG where i'd put him at if we ended up drafting him,and move Incog back over to RG.

ROADRUNNER
03-10-2012, 01:53 PM
DeCastro is a guard, leave him there and hope we get a RT in f/a and our O/L will be great.

Long DeCastro Pouncey Incognito Carey/FA

DKphin
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but did DeCastro not play some OT in college.

ROADRUNNER
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but did DeCastro not play some OT in college.

no no no take him as a guard..............lol

EJay
03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I agree with those that believe he should remain at G, specifically LG.

Also, anybody that believes #8 is too high for a G should consider the changes to the pay scale for draftees. Under the old scale, you'd have to pay far too much for an unproven player at a position that isn't as important as many others. However, with the decrease in guaranteed money for the #8 selection and the fact that DeCastro may well be the lineman in the draft even though he plays guard makes it a much better selection than in years past.... Especially if it helps the Dolphins reorganize and solidify their line.