PDA

View Full Version : what if Cleveland takes Tannehill at 4?

fakespike
03-10-2012, 05:00 AM
theres an outside chance that Cleveland could be smitten for Tannehill as a potential franchise qb, and decide to draft him high with the luxury of having another 1st rounder at #22. stranger things have happened.

i dont want tannehill, just wondering how that would shake up the top 10. some team will make an unpredictable move, and someone awesome will be available at our pick. maybe its khalil. claiborne. blackmon. most probably richardson. could also open up some trade opportunities for a team in the low to mid teens who want a star player. if we could move back to 13 and pick up a 2nd, and still draft keuchly or decastro to protect manning (knock on wood), i'd be pumped.

NorFlaFin
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Is Tannehill that much of an upgrade over Colt McCoy? Greater ceiling maybe but at 8? especially with Cleveland's holey roster.

MiamiMuss
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Colt is a solid QB and Blackmon is there man but im sure that Holmgren has gotta be thinking "Claiborn and Haden would be awesome".

PSU Cane
03-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Tannehill at 4 would be a HUGE reach....but i would love it if Cleveland did that b/c it leaves more talent on the board at #8.

ROADRUNNER
03-10-2012, 02:10 PM
If they take him at 4 i will have a good laugh, but in another post Haden and Claiborne wow just wow.

datruth55
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Colt is a solid QB and Blackmon is there man but im sure that Holmgren has gotta be thinking "Claiborn and Haden would be awesome".
Browns defense was very good last year. They need offense in the worst way, I see them taking Blackmon and Claiborne going to the Bucs at #5...especially after Talib got busted again...freakin head case.

Edit: Cleveland was 10th in total defense and 5th in scoring defense.

Miamifin23
03-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Richardson at 4 then best wr at 22

state06
03-10-2012, 04:39 PM
i would love it. i like him as a QB prospect in rd 2, which is where he would fall IMO if Barkley and Jones came out. I would not have to worry about us reaching at 8 and a player expected to be taken before our pick may fall to us.

As for CLE, richardson and Wright would help McCoy progress... some new toys never hurt.

PhinsTD
03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
They could just as easily go Claiborne or Blackmon/Weeden.

I think Cleveland goes Flynn in FA, and then watch out for Seattle coming up to 7 to take Tannehill.

Then we are set up for Weeden if we want him in 2nd.

Elliott 1
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I seriously doubt we draft a QB who isn't even NFL ready with a top ten pick. He most likely wouldn't even start over Moore.

I could see the Dolphins trading down or drafting Kuechly or both.

The Seahawks could also trade down in the 1st if the Dolphins pass on Tannehill.

mmikel30
03-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Seahawks may move up to take Tannehill

WaxOn WaxOff
03-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Seahawks may move up to take Tannehill

Great! Maybe we can trade them OUR pick!

Fin Thirteen
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
I see Russell Wilson as a very underrated QB in this class, certainly on these boards.

Yes, he's 5'11". Yes, when you watch the Badgers, you see their stellar O-line shunting d-lines around for fun to open passing lanes. Yes, it's true the o-line isn't the tallest by NFL standards (though the 2 tackles are 6'7"/8").

But this kid has a great arm, great pocket presence (when he stays in the pocket, which I admit is a minority of snaps), experience of a pro-style offense (which he learned in a few weeks), really quick release but also great touch on his throws, scrambling ability, speed, physical toughness, vision and all the intangibles you look for.

He had a good Senior Bowl, he had a good Combine.

An NFL team with a good o-line and a scheme to match his talents could end up with a real steal, for the cost of a 4th or 5th round pick at most. This kid is not another Pat White clone, but there's no doubt he is a risk at his height.

I wouldn't like him to be our only fallback option from losing out on Manning, RG3, Luck et al, but I'd love the pick in the later rounds.

SMadison29
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I think Cleveland goes Flynn in FA, and then watch out for Seattle coming up to 7 to take Tannehill.

Reports out of Cleveland suggests they're not interested in Flynn.

ChambersWI
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Reports out of Cleveland suggests they're not interested in Flynn.

yeah most Cleveland fans expect them to go WR and RB in the draft now. They like Colt McCoy, but were willing to go after RG3. Don't get the impression they feel the same about other QBs in the draft.