PDA

View Full Version : IPad question

Nublar7
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Never had an IPhone or an IPad before(my smart phone is a Droid), but I for a few months been thinking about jumping into the Apple Universe and now that the new IPad is coming out I am seriously considering getting one. Though I do have a question that I can't seem to get a solid answer on in my research, so I thought any Apple users could help me out.

Is there a way I can watch live TV, specifically ESPN and NFL Network, OUTSIDE my home television/wireless internet network? I have Direct TV and I saw they have a free Direct TV app, but it is only available when it can connect inside my home to my HD DVR. Reason being is that come draft weekend, I will be traveling, actually will be flying that Saturday. So I was curious if during my flight I could watch the draft live on my IPad. Obviously I would need to purchase the airplane wireless service, but is there an app that I can stream those live channels?

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DisturbedShifty
03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Never had an IPhone or an IPad before(my smart phone is a Droid), but I for a few months been thinking about jumping into the Apple Universe and now that the new IPad is coming out I am seriously considering getting one. Though I do have a question that I can't seem to get a solid answer on in my research, so I thought any Apple users could help me out.

Is there a way I can watch live TV, specifically ESPN and NFL Network, OUTSIDE my home television/wireless internet network? I have Direct TV and I saw they have a free Direct TV app, but it is only available when it can connect inside my home to my HD DVR. Reason being is that come draft weekend, I will be traveling, actually will be flying that Saturday. So I was curious if during my flight I could watch the draft live on my IPad. Obviously I would need to purchase the airplane wireless service, but is there an app that I can stream those live channels?

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am pretty sure you can sign up a 3G network with your wireless provider to stream outside if your wireless home network.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mrbunglez
03-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Try the "WatchESPN" app, and you can get pay as you go data plans through AT&T.

Nublar7
03-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Try the "WatchESPN" app, and you can get pay as you go data plans through AT&T.Say I didn't want a Data plan, just use the wireless function. Can I still use wireless internet with the WatchESPN app?

mrbunglez
03-10-2012, 10:02 PM
You should be able to use it with any Internet connection. It only works with certain cable service providers.

MiZFiT
03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
You should be able to use it with any Internet connection. It only works with certain cable service providers.

^ What he said. :up: