PDA

View Full Version : David DeCastro!!!!!

normaniii
03-11-2012, 09:03 AM
We have a RG playing LG (Incognito)

We have a RT playing RG (Carey)

If we drafted DeCastro to plug in at LG, it would improve 3 spots on our O'line.

A line of Long-DeCastro-Pouncey-Incognito-Carey sounds very good! No other player in this draft outside of the 'already drafted TOP 2' would improve us more.

2413fanphins
03-11-2012, 09:50 AM
veron carey is a free agent isnt he? I don't think he'd garner much attention around the league, and could probably resign at a nice price...

and you've confused the **** out of me... you said draft decastro to plug in at right guard, than your starting lineup you have him at left guard?

I don't think much of a incognito carey tandem on the right side.... much rather a combo of something like decastro/osemele or silatolu/carey....

incognito could possibly man the left guard spot, although I'm not sure I dont look to replace him as well. I think an upgrade their would be nice as well.

if we drafted decastro to play LG, than I think we need for sure draft a osemele, martin, sanders tackle prospect to put on the right side.. might have some growing pains their rookie year, but I could deal with that.

normaniii
03-11-2012, 10:35 AM
You right, I meant LG.......Edited

Cheers

normaniii
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Incognito is a much better RG than LG and if you look back at Carey he was 4th best rated RT 09 & Top 15 2010.

I have never heard in the history of the NFL a top half Tackle being moved to Gaurd and replaced by an inerior player, much less a Tackle listed in bottom 3 (Sparano should have been sacked just for this).

My choice at RT would be Anthony Collins from Cinci. Very underrated, but IMO Carey would sign at a much more preferable price.

2413fanphins
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I'd tend to agree with you that carey will sign at a decent price... he's getting up there in age is my only concern. I think he's been a solid contributor for us throughout his career.

decastro and long would be sick on the left side. Incognito would probably suffice on the right side, but I'd still prefer to find a future replacement. I don't think I'd ever want to draft OL in back to back rounds, like a decastro zietler combo... but san fran selected back to back OL a year or two ago, and it seemed to work out, but I bet it wasn't well recieved at the time.

gettis from iowa is a guy who could maybe plug in there in the future. He could maybe be a guy to target in the 5th or 6th round, and it might not be too big of a risk to be comfortable with...brandon washington apparently had a strong pro day and I have a feeling he may be gone earlier than I would want to nab him... but 4th round I might pull the trigger... 5th round probably nab him and forget about gettis...

Problem is, I still think we need to draft a guy this year or next to be vernons repacement... so I guess essentially in the next 2 years or so, we could be looking at drafting 3 OLineman... that sucks in my opinion. because that would be like 5 or 6 OL in the past 5 or 6 years, which tells you how bad of shape our OL has been for having an OL guru as a head coach.... couple this with the fact that who knows what jake long is going to demand in FA, and we might be playing musical chairs with our OL for a lot longer than I am comfortable with.

jim1
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Incognito is a much better RG than LG and if you look back at Carey he was 4th best rated RT 09 & Top 15 2010.

I have never heard in the history of the NFL a top half Tackle being moved to Gaurd and replaced by an inerior player, much less a Tackle listed in bottom 3 (Sparano should have been sacked just for this).

My choice at RT would be Anthony Collins from Cinci. Very underrated, but IMO Carey would sign at a much more preferable price.

I do like Anthony Collins, wished we drafted him a few years back- I think that he went in the 4th rd- a steal.

Funky Fin
03-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Fml. No more o-lineman in the first round!!!

NorFlaFin
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
The Cards are going to cut Levi Brown; he'd be very affordable and consistent.

bcsupratt
03-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Fml. No more o-lineman in the first round!!!

How else do you propose we build it? Through FA and waste cap room when we need that for a QB and other holes like S and DE and now WR?

Decastro would def upgrade our line as a whole. He needs to be our pick if he is available BUT obviously NOT at #8.

Whatever happens, Ireland needs and probably WILL do some more manipulations with picks.
I believe we will trade our #8 pick. Whether up to get Blackmon, (lets face it...he wont be on the board at #8) or down to get a mid 1st round and a 2nd/3rd.

I believe its better for us to do the latter (UNLESS BLACKMON falls) bc the draft is deep at OL this year. Lots of options to grab a lineman later on while filling other needs such as DE (Coples/Upshaw)

finfan54
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
There are a couple of sure thing pro bowler types in this draft minus the two qb's. Decastro is one of them. Thats how I look at it. Great player and position of need. I dont think about how high we take him. I think about how the team will be once we have a pro bowler type on the OL.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Lineman is a need but I think in this draft we can get some good talent for the line all the way in the third

finfan54
03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Lineman is a need but I think in this draft we can get some good talent for the line all the way in the third

agreed, but the problem I see at 8 is there is no one prospectively that says score! Only if Richardson falls and we would use that to trade down IMO.

footsteps_falco
03-16-2012, 09:24 AM
i would love decastro on this team. i think everyone would agree that time builds chemistry and continuity in an offensive line. if you draft probowl type lineman like Long, Pouncey, and Decastro, thats the majority of your line (3/5). you can deal with journeyman vets or mid round picks to fill out the rest.

If you build the line quickly, you give them a chance to build together. offensive lineman careers are one of the longest in the NFL besides QB and Dline. by drafting decastro we give him pouncey and long 10 years together or. Long is getting longer in the tooth but hell play quality football to 35 imo.

SMadison29
03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
You realize DeCastro is a RG right? As for Incognito he's not a natural anything, just an olineman. He played LT in college before switching to center in spring ball of his RS junior year but got suspended & went pro. He started off as a center with the Rams then moved to RG. I would quit moving him around since he's been at LG the past two seasons next to Long.

miamiron
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM

How about 2011??
Who cares what he did in 2009