PDA

View Full Version : Great Mock For US!

MRojas4
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Would def. be on board with this draft.

Round 1 Pick 8 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

Everyone assumes that the Dolphins will sign either Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn. But suppose Manning doesn't want to play in Miami because of how crazy both Stephen Ross and Brandon Marshall are. Manning might sign with the Cardinals. Meanwhile, Flynn could be offended that his former coach went after another quarterback. Or perhaps Joe Philbin doesn't even like Flynn that much.

If the Dolphins whiff on Manning and Flynn, they'll have no choice but to draft Ryan Tannehill at No. 8. Tannehill is a second-round prospect, but like Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder, he has been pushed up into top-10 consideration because of the demand for quarterbacks.

Round 2 Pick 42 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

As I often write, teams that spend early selections on quarterbacks often double up with a receiver or a blocker. If the Dolphins don't acquire the Peyton Manning-Reggie Wayne package, they may acquire a No. 2 receiver early in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Round 3 Pick 73 - Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

A weapon for Miami's new quarterback. Anthony Fasano is not a legitimate starting tight end, so the Dolphins need to provide Ryan Tannehill, Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn with a solid intermediate target.

Round 4 Pick 103 - Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn

Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them.

Round 5 Pick 137 - Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

Again, the Dolphins are moving to a 4-3. They'll need some interior defensive line help depending on what happens with Kendall Langford and Paul Soliai in free agency.

2413fanphins
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I like tannehill out of that mock and thats about it, and thats really only.if we have the luxury of having him sit. No thanks on jeffery or charles for sure.

next-year
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
i dont think there is anyway charles last till round 3

MiamiDolphin618
03-12-2012, 12:48 PM
i dont think there is anyway charles last till round 3
An awful combine and pro day, a DUI, and character issues. Id more shocked if he goes before the 3rd than if he went in the 6-7

PSU Cane
03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd be adamently against that draft. It's loaded with question marks. Jeffery is overrated. He put on bad weight this year, couldn't create separation and got beat up on the line at times. Orson Charles is completely overrated to me....he's not real big (compared to most TEs) but is a rocked up WR who looks really stiff to me and doesn't have elite speed.

I like Tannehill's potential, but the guy needs to sit 2 years before he'll be ready. He's only been a QB in college for 1.5 years. Can you really spend a top 10 pick on a guy to sit that long?

I also like Malik Jackson. I think he's underrated and could play a lot as a rookie.

allsilverdreams
03-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Would you take henne in the first let alone at # 8 just because we need a qb

MiamiMuss
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
last 2 are good first 3 are not so good

Shabam88
03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
How can anyone honestly like Tannehill as a top 10 prospect?!? Is this a nightmare??? This pick would be WORSE than Ponder AND Gabbert. Horrible.

andres2882
03-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Definite pass. Rather Weeden than Tannehill frankly.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
First three are awesome. Jeffery could be an amzing WR in the NFL....he lead the SEC in receiving, i believe, his sophomore year. His QB was awful. I love the first three picks. I hope this is how our draft goes. We can shore up our line tackle issues with FA's.
If Sherman pushes for Tannehill, there's got to be a reason. Sherman is no slouch.

SMadison29
03-13-2012, 02:08 PM
You not giving Walter in credit for his mock Rojas?