PDA

View Full Version : Teacher allegedly taped visually impaired 9-year-old student to his chair

BAMAPHIN 22
03-12-2012, 04:54 PM
A teacher accused of taping a fidgety 9-year-old boy to his chair while tutoring him has been booted from the classroom, school officials said.Christian Washington, a visually impaired fourth grader at the Friendship Blow Pierce Junior Academy, a charter school in Washington, D.C., told 9News Now about the sticky situation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teacher-allegedly-taped-visually-impaired-9-year-old-student-chair-tutoring-session-article-1.1037466

Bumpus
03-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Duct tape ... cheaper than Ritalin. :idk:

Locke
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Don't worry Bumpus, we'll find you another job somewhere...

PhinzN703
03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
It's funny how idiots like this seem like they think they can get away with doing anything to their students

NY8123
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't care if the kid is visually impaired or not, chances are he is not disciplined at home and frankly acts like a little ******* because his parents are too afraid to tell him no.

Pick his little blind ass up out of the chair and paddle his ass and sit him back down to learn. This whole "he is just expressing himself" bull**** needs to stop and honestly I think if I child isn't willing to learn they should call the parents immediately to come take them home, since a teacher is now handcuffed by civil liberties.

It's your kid, you come discipline them when they are acting like *******s, it isn't the schools job because you as parents told me it isn't under protection of law.

Maybe instead of "no child left behind" the new US motto should be "learn or get the **** out".

tylerdolphin
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Well how else you gonna keep that blind mother****er from tripping and landing on scissors?

Vaark
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
You just don't wake up one morning, drive to school intent on taping a child to a chair (unless you're a WV teacher, you've packed your banjo to serenade a captive audience and then it's considered foreplay).

I suspect he was driven to consider harsher measures that might have involved scissors before deciding to take the high road. :idk:

Bumpus
03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
:lol: Honestly, you have no idea how many times I've wanted to do just that.

But seeing as how I enjoy being employed, common sense tends to prevail. So far. :up:

GoonBoss
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
"Freindship Blow Pierce" Charter School...

That's just funny.

I would be outraged, but I'm drunk and that's funny to me.