PDA

View Full Version : Red meat raises risk of dying, risk higher with processed meats

BAMAPHIN 22
03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Eating a diet heavy in red meat has been tied to added risk for cancer, diabetes and heart disease. It shouldn't be surprising then that a new study found eating red meat every day appears to increase a person's chances of dying from a chronic disease by 12 percent. A daily serving of processed meat increased death risk by 20 percent, the study found, while a once-per-day serving of unprocessed red meat was tied to a 13 percent increase in overall mortality risk. According to the study authors, nearly 9 percent of deaths in men and 8 percent of deaths in women from the study could have been prevented if participants ate less than half a serving of red meat per day. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57395664-10391704/study-red-meat-raises-risk-of-dying-risk-higher-with-processed-meats/?tag=stack

Bumpus
03-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Vegetarian propaganda.

rob19
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I tried going vegetarian for a while. Wasn't too bad except going out to resteraunts kinda sucked.. I finally caved after a few months at a Brazilian steak house..

GoonBoss
03-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Funny how the funding for the study isn't anywhere to be found.

Scientists are bought thier axes and grindstones by someone.

X-Pacolypse
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I tried going vegetarian for a while. Wasn't too bad except going out to resteraunts kinda sucked.. I finally caved after a few months at a Brazilian steak house..

Sometimes the vegetarian/vegan options aren't always that appealing. Most of the restaurants I go to usually have a vegetarian dish or two that's pretty damn tasty. I'll say this, I probably consider myself 90% vegetarian. I can't giveup meat completely, it's just not in the cards. I love chicken, I love fish, and I do love a good steak every once in awhile. I have cut down significantly on my red meat intake, and pork has practically been eliminated from my diet.

CedarPhin
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I eat a lot of Indian food, mostly the vegetable dishes and stuff, and occasionally have a burger a few times a week.

I feel pretty healthy.

rob19
03-14-2012, 01:37 AM
I'll say this, I probably consider myself 90% vegetarian. I can't giveup meat completely, it's just not in the cards. I love chicken, I love fish, and I do love a good steak every once in awhile. I have cut down significantly on my red meat intake, and pork has practically been eliminated from my diet.

Good for you for cutting back, I've done the same with ground beef for the most part, and replaced it with chicken, still love a nice steak though. As far as 90% vegetarian, I don't think it works that way haha, it's like saying I'm 90% not a murderer :lol:.

NY8123
03-14-2012, 08:52 AM

Wait...... what? I thought you smoked your dinner?

rob19
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Wait...... what? I thought you smoked your dinner?

I lul'd :chuckle: