PDA

View Full Version : Romney: I'm friends with Jets, Dolphins owners

BAMAPHIN 22
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
In a Monday interview with sports radio host Paul Finebaum, which you can listen to here (the relevent section is near the end), Romney spent some time discussing the prospects for former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. After the former Massachusetts governor and New England Patriots fan said he doesn't want Manning "in our neck of the woods" -- since he doesn't want the Patriots to have to play against him too often -- Romney made specific reference to the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins, telling Finebaum, "both owners are friends of mine." "There goes the Dolphins franchise!" LOL! http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57395859-503544/romney-im-friends-with-jets-dolphins-owners/?tag=cbsnewsTwoColLowerPromoArea;fd.morenews

Bleed
03-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Ouch

SebastianTheFin
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Look, he's so fresh and relatable.

Finfan0120
Ha! If Romney was such a big Pats fan, why did he spend half his tenure as governor outside of the state?

Signed, MA Resident

Locke
Oh god, politics in the main forum? This will end well...

Gonzo
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh god, politics in the main forum? This will end well...It's a tough call because it is "technically" related to the Dolphins, but the primary topic is Romney and we all know how these threads go, so...to the PoFo we go! (with and extended link in the main forum)

phinatic1399
03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Ron Paul 2012 lol

Gonzo
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Now that we're in the safe confines of the PoFo, I can totally relate with Romney. I just went to THE Olive Garden with the Irsays and the Bidwells the other night.

fishfanmiami
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Now that we're in the safe confines of the PoFo, I can totally relate with Romney. I just went to THE Olive Garden with the Irsays and the Bidwells the other night.
I rode in Trumps limo one time. Am i in the club too ? Romney thinks coffee is the devil's drink and wears magic moron underwear. I have no luv for obama but these other guys are just clowns.

Gonzo
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I rode in Trumps limo one time. Am i in the club too ? Romney thinks coffee is the devil's drink and wears magic moron underwear. I have no luv for obama but these other guys are just clowns.Deal breaker.

tay0365
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Romney continues to make idiotic comments like that, it's amazing any middle class household can vote for him. If not that he would be going against such a lame duck President like Obama if he wins that nomination, he would really be in trouble.

jared81
03-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Romney continues to make idiotic comments like that, it's amazing any middle class household can vote for him. If not that he would be going against such a lame duck President like Obama if he wins that nomination, he would really be in trouble.

im sorry, but im tired of our presidential canidates having to "relate" to us. why are so many people so jealous that mitt romney has done well in his life? whats worse is that romney tries to ACT like he is a normal guy. just admit it, you are smarter and better at making $$$ than the average person.

romney seems like a good dude, he donates a large PERCENTAGE (compared to obama and biden) to charity, he doesnt need to do the hillary and talk with a southern accent, or obama and try to talk like a reverened when he is around the brothas.

sm0kinfins
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
im sorry, but im tired of our presidential canidates having to "relate" to us. why are so many people so jealous that mitt romney has done well in his life? whats worse is that romney tries to ACT like he is a normal guy. just admit it, you are smarter and better at making $$$ than the average person.

romney seems like a good dude, he donates a large PERCENTAGE (compared to obama and biden) to charity, he doesnt need to do the hillary and talk with a southern accent, or obama and try to talk like a reverened when he is around the brothas.

Sure, assuming the Mormon church actually turns that money over to a real charity and not just the "Mormons Need More Magic Underwear fund" or the "People Against Evil Magnets Fund".

I'm willing to bet that I could turn family money into more money in much the same manner as he has.

I'm sure he's a real swell fella...

Gonzo
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM

romney seems like a good dude, he donates a large PERCENTAGE (compared to obama and biden) to charity, he doesnt need to do the hillary and talk with a southern accent, or obama and try to talk like a reverened when he is around the brothas.They need to stop trying to. They don't, in any way. I'd have more respect for the politician that just came out and said, "I'm rich bitches!" and made it rain. I don't need my President to be somebody I can hang out with on weekends. I don't care what team he's rooting for, where he puts his dog while on family trips, or what school his annoying little kids go to. I just need him to work to create jobs, not start a bunch of ****ing wars, and keep the government out of my personal and professional business. Unfortunately, both options that will be available this election will fail in all three.

Dogbone34
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I just need him to work to create jobs, not start a bunch of ****ing wars, and keep the government out of my personal and professional business. Unfortunately, both options that will be available this election will fail in all three.

if its about creating jobs, then romney is clearly the wiser choice

no offense to team obama but he has zero experience working or creating jobs in the private sector

lets hire a womans volleyball coach to be our offensive coordinator because she has a job in sports

Gonzo
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
if its about creating jobs, then romney is clearly the wiser choice

no offense to team obama but he has zero experience working or creating jobs in the private sector

lets hire a womans volleyball coach to be our offensive coordinator because she has a job in sportsYou are equating success in the private sector with job creation, which I think is a common misconception. I don't see anything in his past that I'd equate with it. Bain Capital was responsible for almost as many job losses as it was job gains. I see little improvement over Obama in that case. And even if that were the case, I'm FAR more concerned with the GOP warmachine and social crap they're pushing for some idiotic reason. At least Obama is only maintaining the previous regime's war levels. If Romney could stick to the economy and small government with no wars, he'd likely have my vote. He hasn't come close to doing that, so at this point, neither get's it. If they keep pushing the social **** and beating the war drums, Obama will as those issues concern me far more.

jared81
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Sure, assuming the Mormon church actually turns that money over to a real charity and not just the "Mormons Need More Magic Underwear fund" or the "People Against Evil Magnets Fund".

I'm willing to bet that I could turn family money into more money in much the same manner as he has.

I'm sure he's a real swell fella...

lol. you seem to be one of the people i am talking about. i think mormons are just as freaky as you, but i know they do good in the community. you wouldnt have a problem if obama donated some money to planned parenthood would you? romney is a much better person than joe biden, telling us all we need to give more. i make a fraction of what he makes and donate far more money a year than he did before he was VP (i think he donated $300 one year).