PDA

View Full Version : With Marshall gone ....

gregorygrant83
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Alshon Jeffery looks like a good second round pick.

PSU Cane
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
No he doesn't. Jeffery can play lazy.

It makes Michael Floyd look really good at #8....and whoever slides from guys like Sanu, Hill and Randle become very interesting early in Round 2.

MiamiDolphin618
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Jeffrey needs a big pro day IMO if he wants to save face. Some other guys to consider for me would be: Ty Hilton, Joe Adams, Sanu, Broyles (all in the 3 round range)

sinPHIN
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
i would rather have floyd in the 1st. at 8 idk but floyd would be a big pick up. if we dont take a wr in the 1st jeffery in the 2nd would be a nice pick up. ashlon is marshall 2.0 imo. same player

mfish41
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
if we trade a proven NFL headcase and plan to replace him with an unproven headcase, there will be some explaining to do.

SMadison29
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Questions of Sanu's speed & lack of separation have pushed him down to the middle or end of round two. I agree with the possibility of Floyd at #8 if the Jaguars don't beat us to the punch.

datruth55
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I would much rather have Kendall Wright for this offense but we would need to trade back to make sense of that. Maybe trade back to Kansas City (12), Arizona (13) or Dallas (14) but the trade would have to make sense for those teams. Someone they want would have to be there at #8 for them to want to trade up. I could see maybe Dallas wanting to trade up for Kirkpatrick who could go to Carolina or Buffalo or Kansas City.

Yeah, not sure I can find a good trade partner for us to trade back with.

hrpuffin
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I think we swap first round picks with the browns and give them the two thirds we just got to get blackmon. We still end up with Flynn or manning. They get their cb and we get a receive that will be much better than what we just gave away.

datruth55
03-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I think we swap first round picks with the browns and give them the two thirds we just got to get blackmon. We still end up with Flynn or manning. They get their cb and we get a receive that will be much better than what we just gave away.
Why would a team that was ranked 29th in offense and 10th in defense (5th in scoring defense) trade back, giving away the top rated WR in the draft, and then take a CB?

hrpuffin
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Why would a team that was ranked 29th in offense and 10th in defense (5th in scoring defense) trade back, giving away the top rated WR in the draft, and then take a CB?
They slide back four spots and still get who they want and get two additional third round picks. The browns will take Claiborne with their pick at 4. He will still be there at our 8 spot. What doesn't make sense about that.

SMadison29
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
They slide back four spots and still get who they want and get two additional third round picks. The browns will take Claiborne with their pick at 4. He will still be there at our 8 spot. What doesn't make sense about that.

The Browns crave an offensive playmaker which is either Blackmon or Richardson. Claiborne will not fall to 8, he is an elite talent & Tampa, St. Louis, & Jacksonville could all use him.

datruth55
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Claiborne won't make it past Tampa Bay who have a 36 year old Ronde Barber and a head case in Talib at the other corner. And like I said, Browns don't need defense near as much as they need offense.

MiamiDolphin618
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I would much rather have Kendall Wright for this offense but we would need to trade back to make sense of that. Maybe trade back to Kansas City (12), Arizona (13) or Dallas (14) but the trade would have to make sense for those teams. Someone they want would have to be there at #8 for them to want to trade up. I could see maybe Dallas wanting to trade up for Kirkpatrick who could go to Carolina or Buffalo or Kansas City.

Yeah, not sure I can find a good trade partner for us to trade back with.
Yeah a trade down and picking up Wright would be nice. I like him over Floyd. I see Floyd as a 1st rounder, but more of a 20s type of guy. I would still rather take BPA in the 1st though and unless Blackmon falls (which is highly unlikely) then I dont see a WR being the BPA.

miami234ever
03-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Kendall Wright is who we should target. He's gonna be a monster!

Doug385
03-14-2012, 03:45 AM
with the departure of marshall, is it given that our #1 will be a wr? if we are to add L Robinson in f/a (improved every year in the league so far, still very young at 26, and caught over 850 yds with 16ypc in 2011), i think wr-by-commitee will work just fine... Rumor is that we are in talks with E Winston. i like our chances, knowing the connections he has with the team/city. That being said, i say lets go all in and draft DeCastro, finally completing the last puzzle to our then-miserable offensive line. With those moves our line would be Long-DeCastro-Pouncey-Incognito-Winston... sure there's a lot of money invested, but it'll be well worth it. JMO