PDA

View Full Version : ESPN article

Thundercracker
02-02-2004, 05:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs03/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1725473

thats exactly what they said about tampa bay last year when they won the SB. Look at them now.

Fisticuff
02-02-2004, 05:31 PM
i can remember ESPN (shows and suck) saying that (when they were 4-5) they're still the team to beat and it was nothing to worry about.

i don't think NE will repeat the 2002 season. they understand what went wrong last time, and the team has 3 HC on it (Belichick, Weis, and Crennel).

kasaba13
02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
They will repeat 2002. Everyone seems to forget that they play every single game close. Eventually, those games go the other way. Also, sh-- happens. Who could have detailed the Bucs demise this year? Who knew that the Ravens would fall apart immediately? In '85, everyone thought that the Bears could be a dynasty. Plain and simple, whatever it is, sh-- happens.

Snickersbps
02-03-2004, 04:35 AM
well the bucs did fall a year faster than expected, but i would say most of that came on alstott, as he is a major piece of their offense..and the fact that they are very very deep in salary cap hell. next year will be just as this year was for them

Unclemeat
02-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Look at Ohio State. They didn't lose hardly any players from the NC team. Basically the same team.

I look at it like this way. Miami had them beat in Miami. They lost the game and their confidence to a slide. Then we had to play in the unfair home field advantage and was playing NE dead even till we made a mistake. I can say with a straight face Miami on a given day is equal to NE. All we need is a little confidence and a little luck for once.