PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down Mock Draft

Elliott 1
03-14-2012, 03:14 AM
This mock assumes the Dolphins will acquire these FA's:

RT Eric Winston............DB Richard Marshall.............S Reggie Nelson..........DE Trevor Scott.........DT Pat Sims

Dolphins trade down from #8 to #18 with the Chargers and acquire a 2nd and a 4th.

#18..............Luke Kuechly MLB..........With the Cowboys signing Dan Conner and the Eagles signing Curtis Lofton Kuechly slides. The Bills have 5 ILB's on their roster already. This really could happen. The Chargers just gave Meachem a big contract. They released McNeil and Gairther is on the market. They may trade up for LT prospect. Reiff or Martin, especially if the Jags draft one of them.

2nd..............Chandler Jones......DE........Upside here

2nd..............Brandon Weeden QB........IMO, the best QB for the Dolphins going forward.

3rd...............Michael Egnew TE...........Great receiving prospect and I am convinced he can be coached up and become a complete TE.

3rd..............Greg Childs.........WR..........Boom or bust IMO, but I lean toward boom in his 2nd or third year.

4th..............Tony Bergstrom OG..........Projected to move inside and flourish.

4th..............Devon Wylie KR/PR/SR/RB....Granted a big durability risk, but when healthy this kid is lightening.

5th..............Tom Compton OT.........Team needs depth with Murtha and Long getting hurt every year.

6th...............Chase Ford TE............Finally, the Dolphins would have a good group of TE's.

7th...............Donte Paige-Moss OLB/DE.....Serious character issues, but in the 7th it's not much risk.

insom187
03-14-2012, 03:29 AM
I just don't see Kuechly dropping that far, his leadership intangibles and tendency to always be where the ball is will be too tough to pass up somewhere before then. I say all that thknking he'd be a great pickup wherever we could get him, I love watching him play. If we trade back I'd rather it be for Tannehill so taking him at #8 isnt so crazy sounding lol.

Elliott 1
03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I just don't see Kuechly dropping that far, his leadership intangibles and tendency to always be where the ball is will be too tough to pass up somewhere before then. I say all that thknking he'd be a great pickup wherever we could get him, I love watching him play. If we trade back I'd rather it be for Tannehill so taking him at #8 isnt so crazy sounding lol.

Alright but I went and looked at the teams behind us again: Panthers have their starters and they re-signed Thomas Davis........The Chiefs have Derrick Johnson playing at a pro bowl level and they cut Demorrio Williams who wasn't even getting paid much, they are set as well......Cardinals love Washington and they have other ILB's under contract and besides, they are drafting OL no matter what, everybody knows that.......Seattle, if they sign Flynn could draft Kuechly, they are really the only threat other than the Jets, and if the Jets continue to ignore their need for pass rushers, they really are stupid...... Forget about Cinci, they are loaded and have needs in their secondary and at RB.....Yes, the Eagles haven't signed Curtis Lofton but it is still a strong possibility; otherwise, yes he would get drafted by Philly.

The thing is, I think the Dolphins have to take some risks. If Kuechly is gone, Mercilus or Perry would look great in our new hybrid defense, and we would have a 2nd and a 4th to go with our 3rd from Chicago. We could trade Culver for a 7th after signing Richard Marshall. It would be extremely helpful to our rebuilding process to have 11 picks in this year's draft.

Nobody should sneeze at a 7th rounder either because there is a good chance that either Russell Wilson or Chandler Harnish will still be available at QB, and we need competition for Devlin to be our #3.

Roman529
03-15-2012, 01:01 AM
I really like Kuechly if we trade down. I know some Eagle's fans from one of their forums and many Eagle fans are wanting him. I also think the Eagles could make a good trade down partner. I think the Eagles have the 15th and 45th? pick....I would be ok trading down our 8th pick for the 15th/45th. That would be about the same trade down as you listed with the Chargers...I just don't know if the Chargers would throw in a 4th rounder, besides the second rounder, if we swapped our 8th pick for their 18th?

Elliott 1
03-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I really like Kuechly if we trade down. I know some Eagle's fans from one of their forums and many Eagle fans are wanting him. I also think the Eagles could make a good trade down partner. I think the Eagles have the 15th and 45th? pick....I would be ok trading down our 8th pick for the 15th/45th. That would be about the same trade down as you listed with the Chargers...I just don't know if the Chargers would throw in a 4th rounder, besides the second rounder, if we swapped our 8th pick for their 18th?

They re-signed Gaither, they wouldn't even trade up now. The Bengals would be likely if Richardson slides.

sinPHIN
03-15-2012, 02:08 AM
no way luke drops to 18

JRYCRL
03-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Nobody wants the 8th pick. NOBODY needs it that bad.

Chubby
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
This mock assumes the Dolphins will acquire these FA's:

RT Eric Winston............DB Richard Marshall.............S Reggie Nelson..........DE Trevor Scott.........DT Pat Sims

Dolphins trade down from #8 to #18 with the Chargers and acquire a 2nd and a 4th.

#18..............Luke Kuechly MLB..........With the Cowboys signing Dan Conner and the Eagles signing Curtis Lofton Kuechly slides. The Bills have 5 ILB's on their roster already. This really could happen. The Chargers just gave Meachem a big contract. They released McNeil and Gairther is on the market. They may trade up for LT prospect. Reiff or Martin, especially if the Jags draft one of them.

2nd..............Chandler Jones......DE........Upside here

2nd..............Brandon Weeden QB........IMO, the best QB for the Dolphins going forward.

3rd...............Michael Egnew TE...........Great receiving prospect and I am convinced he can be coached up and become a complete TE.

3rd..............Greg Childs.........WR..........Boom or bust IMO, but I lean toward boom in his 2nd or third year.

4th..............Tony Bergstrom OG..........Projected to move inside and flourish.

4th..............Devon Wylie KR/PR/SR/RB....Granted a big durability risk, but when healthy this kid is lightening.

5th..............Tom Compton OT.........Team needs depth with Murtha and Long getting hurt every year.

6th...............Chase Ford TE............Finally, the Dolphins would have a good group of TE's.

7th...............Donte Paige-Moss OLB/DE.....Serious character issues, but in the 7th it's not much risk.
Weeden is not lasting that long.

SMadison29
03-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Our TEs would not be complete, none of them can block. You need complimentary pieces.

state06
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I feel like with the Marshall trade, we will need a WR early to take that "#1" role and give the fans that new toy to watch. as much as i would love a Blackmon(or floyd trade down), Fleener, situational pass rusher as rd 1, 2 and 3, i would also like a Ingram/Keuchly, Fleener , Adams draft. For me, Fleener is key. use Fleener similar to the way they use Finley in GB. Him and Clay could play huge roles in this offense.

regardless of who we take, i hope it is at a position of need, outside of OL which should be fixed by signing a RT in FA.

Elliott 1
03-15-2012, 06:31 PM
no way luke drops to 18

Right, so other than the Eagles, who are probably going to sign a FA MLB like Lofton or Tulloch etc, name the team who is going to draft a MLB in the top 17.

Willis was taken at what? 12,13, but by a team with a hole at the position.

If the Eagles sign one of high level vetersns and the SeaHawks are either looking like they are taking a QB or if they sign a FA LB, I say that Kuechly will slide; not because he isn't great, he is, but teams just don't draft ILB's that high when they already have high priced veterans under contract playing Mike LB.