View Full Version : Marshall's Replacement - 3 Guys

miamirw
03-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Laurent Robinson via Free Agency. And these two guys in the 3rd and 4th rounds:

Jerius Wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2f__IFjYA

T.Y. Hilton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmbKz55ZEM

That'd be three great WC offense receivers to go with Bess, Hartline, Gates and Wallace/Moore. Hilton reminds me of Deshaun Jackson.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-14-2012, 04:43 AM
I hope we grab Robinson/Sanu/ and Quick or Hilton in this draft....

Robinson/Sanu/Bess/Hartline/Gates/Quick or Hilton would be a very nice to have with Flynn if he works out!

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I want hilton and Joe Adams. Back to back with those two 3rd rounders

Canadi-Phin
03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
I want hilton and Joe Adams. Back to back with those two 3rd rounders

I would like that as well. Unless we grabbed someone earlier. Adams I really like.

foozool13
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM
These guys are more slot recievers than outside the numbers guys. Hilton has a chance to make that jump due to good feet and routes, but no way in hell Wright can do it.

SMadison29
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
We won't carry 6 receivers.

JC
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
T Y Hilton is an interesting prospect for sure. Worth a look in the early 3rd

MiamiMuss
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I could really see Miami go after a few WR's in the draft since Marshall is gone....SStephen Hill is a guy im interested in more.

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Stephen Hill is certainly intriguing. I really like some of these explosive mid round guys though. Hilton, Adams, Wylie, just to name a few. In a WCO, we need some guys who can turn short quick throws into some big plays. We have Gates, but to me he is more of a deep ball receiver than a quick slant type guy. I think Bess will fit the WCO very well, but his lack of explosion will keep him from putting up big YAC.

2413fanphins
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Laurent robinson is great.... when dez bryant and miles austin have everybody preoccupied.....

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Laurent robinson is great.... when dez bryant and miles austin have everybody preoccupied.....
Same with Manningham...but Id say besides Blackmon those two are our best options. Im lukewarm on Floyd. I honestly think some of these explosive slot guys in the draft could put up big numbers in a WCO though

Fin Thirteen
03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Our replacement for Marshall could well be Fleener. GB play a huge no of 2TE sets in their WCO and I can see us using a great catching TE corps in Fleener, Clay and Fasano, together with Bush as occasional receiver, to take pressure off a more run-of the-mill WR squad.

Not saying we won't draft a WR or trade for one like Robinson, but I don't think we're going after a like for like replacement for Marshall.

ckparrothead
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Not that he's a replacement for Brandon Marshall but I think Marvin McNutt is a really good player and he played for our WRs Coach Ken O'Keefe in Iowa. Former quarterback, smart player, has way better agility and athleticism than generally given credit for, doesn't really show up as much because of the offensive design IMO. He makes highlight reel catches and plays look routine.

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Not that he's a replacement for Brandon Marshall but I think Marvin McNutt is a really good player and he played for our WRs Coach Ken O'Keefe in Iowa. Former quarterback, smart player, has way better agility and athleticism than generally given credit for, doesn't really show up as much because of the offensive design IMO. He makes highlight reel catches and plays look routine.
Mcnutt is one of the bigger receivers I like in the draft. How much do you like Floyd CK? I just cant see getting him in the top 15...his talent is there but there is just something about him. I like some of the small shifty/explosive guys later in the draft such as Hilton, Joe Adams, Wylie, etc. I think they would play into the WCO very well.

TedSlimmJr
03-15-2012, 12:45 AM
I'd think about Greg Childs or Brian Quick with one of those 3rd rounders if I was them..

Hayden Fox
03-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Nick Toon is a player I like later in the draft.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
AGREED! Did you see how much the Jags gave that guy? If we would have spent that much dough on him i would be mucho frustrated!

finfan54
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
startin to dig on chris givens in round 4/5. Mcnutt could be had later on too. Not big on the big name receivers based on Philbin. No need. great value and I envision mr. gates entering the picture this year.

newlownorder
03-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Mcnutt looks the part. I do like Toon, maybe more than most.

Roman529
03-17-2012, 03:26 AM
I like Sanu, Quick, and Adams. We could really use a punt returner like Adams, he just finds ways to break big plays.

2413fanphins
03-17-2012, 07:55 AM

I remember when I mentioned this a while back, and was absolutely roasted by our draft prospect experts on finheaven..(yourself excluded of course)
he bailed IOWA out many times, whether it was first downs or last second td catches like against mich st.... he's a baller.

Canadi-Phin
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I remember when I mentioned this a while back, and was absolutely roasted by our draft prospect experts on finheaven..(yourself excluded of course)
he bailed IOWA out many times, whether it was first downs or last second td catches like against mich st.... he's a baller.
Think he is 2nd rounder?

2413fanphins
03-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I always had him pegged as a late 2nd early to mid third...

if you want a guy who catches most everything thrown to him, has gamechanging playmaking ability, who can get the first down when you need it, who can catch the game winning touchdown, mcnutt fits the bill.

the michigan state game I believe two years ago, there was virtually no time left on the clock, and the hawks were 4th and goal and had to score a td, mcnutt ran an inside slant, and I believe it was stanzi... laced one in there about 600 mph, and mcnutts made the play and the hawks won.

I always thought he would be given a 4th-5th round grade, because frankly, hawkeyes dont get much love unless they are a "cornfed lineman."

hell, before DJK, got into trouble... i thought he'd be an upgrade over hartline, and I think mcnutt is plenty superior to koulianos.

Morey161
03-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Do not want Stephen Hill. Saw him play in college and was never impressed and he always had single coverage. I would rather take a chance on Tommy Streeter or Rueban Randle type.