PDA

View Full Version : Chances Claiborne Falls

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Mo Claiborne is an ELITE CB in my opinion. With that said, I think some of the FA moves just made it a lot more possible for him to fall to #8. Now, I dont think it is likely, but I do think it could happen. IMO the two teams needing a CB the most drafting in front of us were St. Louis and TB. The rams just paid Finnegan big time money and they have several other pressing needs as well. TB also gave Eric Wright a 5 year 37.5 million dollar deal. Now either of these teams could still take Claiborne, but both teams also have plenty of needs to address. If Claiborne falls, we better run his name up to the podium

Locke
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Slim and none. St. Louis would sprint that card up to the podium if he is there at 6, regardless of Finnegan's presence...

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Slim and none. St. Louis would sprint that card up to the podium if he is there at 6, regardless of Finnegan's presence...
Im not so sure. Blackmon could be there...and WR is their biggest need IMO. Also, I wouldnt rule out Richardson there..yeah it very high but they desperately could use a back who could ease the load from Jackson and then take over for him shortly.

Locke
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Im not so sure. Blackmon could be there...and WR is their biggest need IMO. Also, I wouldnt rule out Richardson there..yeah it very high but they desperately could use a back who could ease the load from Jackson and then take over for him shortly.

With how bad that defense was last year, and a legit number one corner sitting there, I can't see them passing on him. Richardson is a luxury pick, and they have too many holes for a luxury pick. I could maybe see Blackmon being the choice if they are both there, but I don't think Blackmon makes it to 6...

MiamiDolphin618
03-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah if Blackmon is gone I think they would go Mo. It should be interesting. They could be looking to trade down again and keep accumulating picks.

Valandui
03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If they don't, the Bucs will.

Canadi-Phin
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Does not get by the bucs no chance

footsteps_falco
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
richardson wouldn't be a luxury pick for tampa imo. with all theyve invested in the oline and the receivers, richardson tops that offense off. lets them go into shootouts with the rest of their division but also pound the rock and control the game, he's leagues better than blount. maybe they go for some later round d-backs? i dont think claiborne falls to us, but you never know.

colts - luck
skins - rg3
vikings - kalil
browns - blackmon
bucs - richardson

this is possible to me, not probable but possible

rams -
jags -

claiborne probably goes to one of them. but i've seen mocks where the bucs go d-line again like Poe, that would push blackmon down to the rams. then if just the jags pass on claiborne we get him....

datruth55
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
richardson wouldn't be a luxury pick for tampa imo. with all theyve invested in the oline and the receivers, richardson tops that offense off. lets them go into shootouts with the rest of their division but also pound the rock and control the game, he's leagues better than blount. maybe they go for some later round d-backs? i dont think claiborne falls to us, but you never know.

colts - luck
skins - rg3
vikings - kalil
browns - blackmon
bucs - richardson

this is possible to me, not probable but possible

rams -
jags -

claiborne probably goes to one of them. but i've seen mocks where the bucs go d-line again like Poe, that would push blackmon down to the rams. then if just the jags pass on claiborne we get him....
I agree with your first 4 but Blount did run for over 1000 yards after starting the last seven games two years ago and he had almost 800 yards last year with a 4.2 ypc average...less carries cause they were playing from behind so much.

I can really see the Bucs taking Claiborne with a 36 year old Ronde Barber and Talib possibly being suspended this year for his off field stuff. They signed Eric Wright but he's going to be their slot corner and they have to play the Saints and all their 3 WR sets.

footsteps_falco
03-15-2012, 12:46 AM
They just grabbed a db in FA, that talib and barber, they could grab a round 2 db. Blountt is nice but dimentional. Richardson is on another level and would complete their offense. On defense you could agrue they could use any position. Lb, S, cb..they invested a ton in the dline but clayborne bowers price mccoy all have issues. On offense blountt comes off the field on 3rd downs. Gets hurt, cant protect doesnt impress catching much and doesnt have homerun speed. Hes a good compliment back disguised as a feature. They would want richardson, but i agree some of the other RBs would compliment him well. Still richardson seems like sure thig

TheWalrus
03-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Zero, I'd say. I think Claiborne's going #3 to Minnesota, not Kalil.

Miamifin23
03-15-2012, 03:27 AM
Yeah he isn't getting past tampa

SMadison29
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Claiborne could easily go to Cleveland, Tampa, St Louis, or Jacksonville right before us. I don't think it's even remotely possible that he lasts until 8.

datruth55
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
They just grabbed a db in FA, that talib and barber, they could grab a round 2 db. Blountt is nice but dimentional. Richardson is on another level and would complete their offense. On defense you could agrue they could use any position. Lb, S, cb..they invested a ton in the dline but clayborne bowers price mccoy all have issues. On offense blountt comes off the field on 3rd downs. Gets hurt, cant protect doesnt impress catching much and doesnt have homerun speed. Hes a good compliment back disguised as a feature. They would want richardson, but i agree some of the other RBs would compliment him well. Still richardson seems like sure thig
Just heard this morning that Talib may be going to jail. I think Claiborne is their pick.