PDA

View Full Version : The sleeper team of 2004-05

TerryTate
02-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Does anyone agree with me when I say to look out for the Baltimore Ravens?

Thoughts? Anthony Wright can only get better....

Clumpy
02-03-2004, 03:47 AM
Buffalo Bills :)

TerryTate
02-03-2004, 03:56 AM
:lol:

Clumpy
02-03-2004, 05:01 AM
:mad:

iceblizzard69
02-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Kyle Boller will be their starting QB, not Anthony Wright. I wouldn't call the Ravens a sleeper mainly because they were in the playoffs this year.

I think it might be a little too early to look for sleepers.

phunwin
02-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Kyle Boller will be their starting QB, not Anthony Wright. I wouldn't call the Ravens a sleeper mainly because they were in the playoffs this year.

I think it might be a little too early to look for sleepers.

Exactly. Wright was a stopgap. He proved himself to be a competent fill-in QB, nothing more. And really, what exactly was so great about Wright anyway? As often as not, he threw the ball high and far, praying that Marcus Robinson could get under it or at least knock it down so it wouldn't get picked off.

I think Boller will be a good QB, and that it will happen sooner rather than later.

Sleeper pick for next year? Can't really say the Bengals, can I, because the cat's out of the bag there. I'll say the Texans.

Brad528
02-05-2004, 01:39 AM
I'd say that Wright will start the beginning of the season and the sleeper will be the Falcons

Jaj
02-05-2004, 01:59 AM
Sleeper is the Ravens for me.

Think about it if they re-sign McAlly, Hartwell, and Andersen which they have room to do they are in great position.

Their only lack will be at WR. Lee Evans or Devard Darling could fall to them. Let's say they have Lee Evans well then he will be their go to guy by mid year. That's a great team right there. Maybe draft a CB in the third for the nickel and they are set. No downsides.

Clumpy
02-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Still say the Buffalo Bills :)

musphinzfan
02-05-2004, 11:58 AM
I am not sure how you can call a team a sleeper when they went to the playoffs but with them being under the cap by a estimated $25 mill and rumors of Warren Sapp coming to town this team will be a Force to Wreckon with!!

Imagine Miami being anywhere under the Cap..Thanks Wanny u F-er!!:yell: :yell: :yell: :fire: :fire: :fire:

MissMeth
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I say the MIAMI DOLPHINS ;):goof:

dolphan39
02-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TerryTate
Does anyone agree with me when I say to look out for the Baltimore Ravens?

Thoughts? Anthony Wright can only get better.... they made the playoffs last year, so they are not that much of a sleeper and Boller has been proclaimed the starter
Ravens: Billick tabs Boller as starter
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-ravensbillicktabsbol&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

Brad528
02-05-2004, 10:47 PM
A sleeper is a team everyone doesnt except to do well. Everyone i know thinks the Ravens will be a contender making them not a sleeper. Of course they will do well. They have the offensive and defensive players of the year on thier team. As well as 6 other pro bowlers plus i've seen they are trying to get Sapp.

cportis26
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by musphinzfan
I am not sure how you can call a team a sleeper when they went to the playoffs but with them being under the cap by a estimated $25 mill and rumors of Warren Sapp coming to town this team will be a Force to Wreckon with!!

They've also got less than 30 guys signed to contracts for next season. That's the reason they're so far under. They've got the money to make a splash in free agency, but that $25 million under number is misleading.

Wakey
02-07-2004, 07:18 PM
The Saints!

::runs from room::

PS The Raves won't sneak up on anyone next year. I had them as my sleeper pick for this year.

TonyStrong
02-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm a Dolphins fan so i'll pick one in the NFC. Atlanta Falcons, I guess they count as a sleeper since they didn't make the playoffs. There going to win 11 games. Miami is my other sleeper, I predict a 16-0 season for them, just a hunch lol

Great_One
02-09-2004, 03:17 AM
I can't see Baltimore as a sleeper if they won their division and made the playoffs. Atlanta should be back with Vick playing a full season. All they need is a defense. In the AFC, it wouldn't suprise me if the Jets are back if they can keep their players. Like Atlanta, Pennington will be back for a full season. Then again, it is too early to pick a sleeper when the free agency period hasn't started.

Pigskin Pimp
02-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Last year I picked the seahawks, This year I'll go with the Texans, I say they'll go 8-8. Possibly push for the playoffs.

I'm a little biased though, Since I grew up in Houston and all.:D

fins4o8
02-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Texans n Bengals as sleepers......

akfinfan
02-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Ravens are out now.........Jamal Lewis won't be playing..................

Ravens | J. Lewis Indicted On Drug Charges - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:50:08 -0800

ESPNews reports Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis has been indicted on federal drug conspiracy charges. Lewis, who is expected to surrender to authorities at a later date, is accused of distributing cocaine.

Disnardo
02-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Cinci>>>:confused:

MDFINFAN
02-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
:mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SMadison29
02-29-2004, 02:45 AM
The Jaguars, I picked them last year with the hopes Brunell would be the QB. Leftwich thus killed that brilliant prediction.